Application Procedures for RTI

Give application to the Public authority of the concerned Dept in plain paper along with Rs 10 Court fee stamp. Within 30-35 days you will get the information.

“An Act to provide for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens to secure access to information under the control of public authorities, in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority, the constitution of a Central Information Commission and State Information Commissions and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.”

According to Right to Information Act which has been ordered on 12.10.05 in India (except Jammu & Kashmir), any citizen has right to get information from Public Authority in exchange of fixed amount of money.

First step

1) Fix the information you want to know. “Information” means any material in any form, including records, documents, memos, e-mails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples, models, data material held in any electronic form and information relating to any private body which can be accessed by a public authority under any other law for the time being in force.
2) Type or write precisely on a white paper.
3) Mention in which Government dept that information have. (Follow this link).
4) Give application to the Public authority of the concerned Dept as per rule 6(1).
5) Fix Rs 10 Court fee stamp over the application form or Rs 10 Indian postal order, non judicial stamp paper, demand draft / bankers cheque can be given according to the amended rule.
6) Application fee is not required in case applicant is under BPL list, but copy of BPL certificate need to be attached in that case.

Within 30-35 days of receipt of application, state public information officer will provide the information or necessary steps to be done by the applicant will be informed within that time period.

Second step

If public information officer doesn’t give necessary information or gives incomplete or wrong information or refuses to give information according to the application within the time limit:

1) Applicant should first appeal to the Appellate dept of the concerned authority within 30 days of the answer of state public information officer as per rule 19(1). Attach necessary documents with the application.
2) Applicant can directly complain to state information commission against state public information officer as per rule 18. Attach 5 copies of documents with the complain.

If there is no information officer of the dept, then you can give application form for information or complain form or first appeal to information commission.

Third step

In case of no solution from the appellate dept for the first appeal within 30-45 days or no answer from the concerned officer:

1) You can give second appeal to state information commission within 90 days of first appeal or of the decision of appellate dept as per rule 19(3).
2) After mentioning reasonable & proper cause of the second appeal, attach five copies of necessary documents with the appeal.

After the second appeal receive, commission will take necessary steps according to rule. But there is no specific time limit for the same. Decision of the commission is final.
No need to give any fees for complain or appeal as fees are given with the application form.

N.B.- Above application procedure is applicable for West Bengal Government or WB Govt. depts. only.
For details see the various rules of right to information act, 2005.

For the name & designation of information officer of various dept, visit www.wbic.gov.in of state information commission.

Application Procedures in Bengali:

RTI-1
RTI-2

Become a Member of AskWB.com

A group of nice people discussing about various Acts, Rules, Circulars, Notifications, Govt. Orders etc. at AskWB.com. You may join with us and become a proud member of WBXPress Community. Yes! that's the name we love to call ourself.

Comments

1. Nural Sarkar says

I am from dakshin dinajpur.
    Sir, i want to cheack my B.Ed certificate whis is provide by jodhpur national university in the session 2013-14.
    Give me the process of RTI and address of the rti office in dakshin dinajpur.

• mmad says

respected sir
      I have gone through a walk-in interview for the post of a assistant teacher of additional at a govt aided chistain minority high school ar chuchura,Hooghly and i think that who is appointed for the post he carries less academic scores than me. I want to know the scores of that academic qukification of all the candidate
      so please tell me the procedure how can I get that information.wating for your reply.
      thanking you

2. Abhijit Malakar says

Abhijit Malakar pure science[pass] gen. betai, nadia want to transfer from ranaghat to dumdum

3. deepak Rana says

i had applied for k oil dealership since 2005 all the papers of department is with me where to file RTI application and which department

4. sourav niogi says

hello ,
    my name is sourav niogi i want to know that i want to file RTI in malda i want to get information of my property in malda mangal badi which department i have to file RTI application …

my email id is – niogisourav16@gmail.com
    i am from new delhi but my hometown in malda mangal badi

please its humble request you to give me information about this i will be very thankful ……

REGARDS

5. A.K.Azad says

respected sir
    I have gone through a walk-in interview for the post of lecturer at a private D.Ed College and i think that who is appointed for the post he carries less academic scores than me. I want to know the scores of that interview.
    thanking you

6. amit sinha says

this is first time i am writing… that i want to know what is the rules of using air condition machines and four Wheeler cars of an Ips officer…that we can see this type of examples in state armed police west bengal…being a commandant officer they are using ac and three or more four wheelers for their use…..

7. Debajit mukherjee says

I was a student of naba barrackpore prafulla chandra mahavidyalaya,bisharpara,new barrackpore under west bengal state university.in 2011,i was present at compulsory environmental science exam.but there is an absent status in marks sheet.i wrote almost 25applications to university but they did and does not take any action.i am passed out this year.but i cant take admission in rabindrabharati university for that absent status.what should i do?plz help.i am frustrated.plz help.

8. Soumik Chatterjee says

Sir, I have sent an application to The SPIO/Chairman of West Bengal Central School Service Commission under RTI act 6(1), 2005 to know my obtained mark of subject paper in the exam of Assistant Teacher. Please send me true information to my address.

• Priyanka Paul says

apni kivabe school service commission office e apply korechen seta janale upokar hoto. ssc er particular format ta pachhi na

9. deepak kumar says

sir i m deepak kumar auditor in the office of pcda’p’allahabad. Sir my mother is state government emploie in health department phc bahdar dist hardoi up.i want know how to apply r t i in such department, pl help me and if possible then give me name mobile number and address of jan suchana officer so that i can apply r t i act 2005…….thanks sir

10. Sukumar Mondal says

To
    Shri Sujit Kumar Sarkar
    State Chief Information Commissioner
    Bhabani Bhavan (2nd Floor), Alipore, Kolkata -700027
    Telephone – (033) 24791966 Email : scic-wb@nic.in

Respected Sir,
    I filed one RTI application in July to Vidyasagar University,Midnapur West, seeking copies of answer scripts of BA Hons papers for two consecutive years.
    Because the student, my daughter-in law was suspicious about valuation of the answer papers- same no in two years in .
    No response came drom the University
    Appeal was filed online before Appellate authority. Again No response.
    Can I file second appeal ONLINE now?
    Sukumar Mondal

11. Sukumar Mondal says

Shri Sujit Kumar Sarkar
    State Chief Information Commissioner

Shri K. John Koshy State Information Commissioner
    Dr. G.D. Gautama State Information Commissioner
    Bhabani Bhavan (2nd Floor), Alipore, Kolkata -700027
    Telephone – (033) 24791966 Email : scic-wb@nic.in

12. Sukumar Mondal says

No response came drom the University
    Appeal was filed online before Appellate authority. Again No response.
    Can I file second appeal online now ?

13. SANKARDAS BANERJEE says

I sri sankardas Banerjee made an application to S. P. I. O & Deputy District Land & Land Reforms Officer, Krishna nagar, Dist;- Nadia, West Bengal,in term of R. T. I.Act, 2005 on 24th September 2011. After huge communication The SUB-DIVISIONAL LAND & LAND REFORM
    OFFICER, Krishnagar Nadia, West Bengal send me some vauge, incorrect, and inappropriate
    information on 06-01-2012. I therefore made 1st Appeal but they did not deliver any information
    as per R. T. I. ACT, 2005 till 07-08-2012, even after lodging the complain to S. C. I. C. West Bengal. Plese send me a contact of T. T. I Activist who can forward my case for proveing the illeagalities of S.P.IO.

• Sukumar Mondal says

Please mail me the copy of original application ,date of filing, response, date of appeal filing with copy of appeal petition and copy of second appeal before S. C. I. C. West Bengal.

14. adil85 says

In West Bengal RTI Act 2005 is dying slowly. There are rampant violations of the act by the SPIOs and their Appellate Authorities. When complaint is lodged with the WBIC, the result is very disappointing. No one cares for your appeal for a long time. By the time it comes for the Appeal you can easily get the information by greasing the palm of the agency. Justice is delayed and hence it is denied. How can the Information officers who have already crossed the age of 60 years can cope up with the pressure of enormous work when their mental faculty is almost dead. Moreover, they are the retirees who are obliged to the Government for adjusting them at a place where they can work up to 65 years and can be the time servers for the government. They draw hefty salaries and transports from the Government exchequer which is filled up with our tax and help in keeping the information in murk. How can we erase corruption? Had they been sincere in issuing notices and imposing penalties, there was no need at all to surrender before the corrupt forces to get the information unofficially.

15. soumen manna says

really an interesting information for RTI act. Every Government employee should know about this act thoroughly. Requesting for detailed post in English and Bengali about the RTI rules for Government employees for growing the knowledge on RTI rules and give the answer to the applicant. An example must be post in this regards.

16. RAMESH CHANDRA TRIVEDI says

DEAR SIR/MAM…
    GREETING….
    SIR MAINE CO-OPERATIVE DEPARTMENT K JAN SUCHNA ADHIKARI SE DATE 16.08.2011 KO KUCHH INFORMATION CHAHI THI ISK BAD UNSE SUCHNA NA MILNE PAR PUNA MAINE 06.01.2012 KO REMINDER DIYA AUR 1ST APPEAL ADHIKARI BT ABHI TAK MUJHE INFORMATION NHI DI JA RAHI HAI ,MUJHE KYA KARNA CHHAIYE PLS HELP ME .