General Provident Fund Rules for Govt. Employees

After completion of 1 year continuous service by an employee, joining in GPF Scheme is compulsory. Minimum subscription is 6%.

Admission to the Fund

After completion of one year continuous service by an employee joining in this scheme is compulsory. In case of Group D employee, head of office allots General Provident Fund (GPF) Account number. But in case of other Groups of employees, Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal allots GPF Account number.

For obtaining GPF Account number application for the purpose in prescribed format should be sent to the office of the Account General (A&E), West Bengal a few weeks before the completion of one year service.

After obtaining the Account number subscription to the provident fund should be deducted from the pay bill. Minimum subscription is 6% of pay. Maximum subscription does not exceed the maximum amount of pay. Pay is defined as the basic and special pay if any.

Subscription may be increased or decreased twice in a year from the pay of March as per desire of the subscriber.

Nomination

A subscriber shall at the time of joining the Fund compulsorily nominate one or more than one person of his / her family in prescribed format.

A subscriber may at any time cancel a nomination by sending a notice in writing to the Accountant General, West Bengal and change the same by furnishing a fresh nomination.

Family

In case of a male subscriber family means the wife or wives and children of a subscriber, and the widow, or widows, and children of a deceased son of the subscriber.

In case of a female subscriber family means the husband and children of a subscriber, and the widow or widows and children of a deceased son of the subscriber.

‘Children’ mean legitimate children. An adopted child shall be considered to be child under the personal law of the subscriber adoption is legally recognized as conferring the status of a natural child.

Account Statement from AG, WB

DDO should send requisition for annual GPF account statement for the employees working under his charge, direct to the Office of the Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal, 8, Kiran Sankar Roy Road, GI Press Building, Kolkata – 700 001 latest by 30th June every year.

Full postal address of the DDO with name of employees, correct GPF no. in chronological order, names of services should be sent properly.

Subscriber should satisfy himself / herself about the correctness of the statement. If any error found it should be brought to the notice of AG, WB through respective head of office within three months of receipt of statement.

For missing subscription for a particular month, shown in the Account statement, details of salary bill particulars for the preceding month should be submitted. If subscription for the month of October is shown missing, details of pay bill particulars for the month of September should be submitted.

Refundable Advance from GPF

Refundable advance may be sanctioned by the Head of Office, a 3 months’ pay or 50% of the balance at credit to GPF whichever is less. For special reasons up to 75% amount credited to GPF account may be sanctioned.

Repayment of refundable advance should be made in 24 equal installments but as a very special case 40 installments may be approved by Finance Department.

Refundable advance may be sanctioned for the following purposes

To pay expenses incurred in connection with the prolonged illness of the applicant or any persons actually dependent upon him.

To pay for the overseas passage for reasons of health or education of the applicant or his dependent.
To pay obligatory expenses on a scale appropriate to the applicant’s status which by customary usage the applicant has to incur in connection with marriages, funerals or other ceremonies of persons actually dependent on him.

To meet up the cost of higher education of the applicant himself or member of his family actually dependent on him. (Outside India for an academic, technical, professional, or vocational and within India medical, engineering or other technical passing Madhyamik not less than 3 years course.)

Non-Refundable Advance from GPF

Non refundable advance maybe sanctioned after completion of 15 years of service or within 10 years before the date of retirement on superannuation whichever is earlier. Up to 75% amount credited to GPF account may be sanctioned in this case. Non-Refundable advance may be sanctioned for the following purposes:-

To meet up the cost of higher education of any child of the subscriber including traveling expenses (Outside India for an academic, technical, professional, or vocational course beyond the high school stage and within India medical, engineering or other technical or specialized course of study not less than for 3 years.)

To meet up the expenditure in connection with the marriage of the child of the subscriber or any other female relation actually dependent upon the subscriber.

To meet up the expenditure in connection with the illness including where necessary, the travelling expenses, of the subscriber or any person actually dependent upon him.

To meet up the expenditure towards building or acquiring a suitable house for his residence including the cost of the site or repaying any outstanding amount on account of loan taken for this purpose, or reconstructions, or making additions or alterations to a house already owned.

For purchasing a house site or repaying any outstanding amount on account of loan taken for this purpose.
For constructing a house on a site purchased utilizing the sum withdrawn under above clause.

Final Payment of GPF

Application for final payment should be submitted in proper form prescribed by the government. Form 10A where the subscriber is alive and Form 10B in case of death of a subscriber.

DDO shall forward the application to AG, WB furnishing some statutory certificates viz. drawal / non drawal of non-refundable advance, temporary advance, one time lump sum 90% withdrawal, list of family members, missing credits, etc.

A certificate of non-drawal advance / part final withdrawal drawn by the subscriber from his GPF account during the period of only last 12 months immediately preceding the date of his quitting service (retirement / death) mentioned in form is to be furnished by the head of office / DDO.

Comments

1. dipmithu says

an employee wants to withdraw 90%.his date of retirement is july'2012. bill has been duly submitted by office in Nov'11. but the treasury gives an objection quoted a G.O. no.9939-F dt.22/12/2008 % requestto act as the above G.O. we can not understand what to do. b'cous we have no idea about this G.O. pl. guide us regarding our n.a.
    e mail: mithu72@rediffmail.com

2. V USHA RANI says

I WANT TO TRANSFER MY TFP TO GPF. HENCE I WANT GPF APPLICATION FORM TO JOIN IN GPF I AM A TEACHER IN PU MIDDLE SCHOOL AND OBSERVED TO HIGH SCHOOL, TIRUCHY

3. Rusi Dutta says

An emplyee retd. from our office did not get clearance for final withdrawal from her GPF account. Now she is dead. She nominated her husband and two daughters. The daughters are married now. The clearence has come.How will the family members receive the amont?

• says

As per GPF rules an employee nominate one or more from his / her family. Where family for a female employee means the husband and children of the employee, and the widow or widows and children of a deceased son of the employee.

4. Monotosh Ch Bhowmick says

I am Monotosh Ch Bhowmick ,An emplyee of WBNVF2nd (Bk)Bn, Kalyani,PIN-741251, G.P.F A/C NO: MISC/WB/39390, You are, therefore , requested to transfer (Send to AG vide Office Memo No 8/GPF/2nd/BK/BN/63 Dated:-09.01.2012) the representing balance of group “D” G.P.F amount or Rs. 39091/- only to the G.P.F account no: MISC/WB/39390 and may kindly be arrange for issue annual account statement of G.P.F. accordingly.

5. suman datta says

I HAVE CONTINUOUSLY WORKED 9 YEARS IN INDIAN RAILWAY. NOW I JOINED WEST BENGAL GOVT. GROUP A SERVICE AFTER GETTING TECHNICAL RESIGNATION FROM RAILWAY. CAN I TRANSFER MY RAILWAY PF AMOUNT TO MY NEW GPF ACCOUNT.

6. PIYALI says

Sir I don’t have any nominees fr my GPF account I m in a school fr 1.5 years..my school is nt providing me with the GPF no. though its been deducted frm Oct 2011.how do I get this no. n obtain the nomination facility?

7. partho gopal chakraborty says

my basic 7500, variable D.A 4450 and personal pay 310. what amount will be paid by my employer?
    can they bounded PF gross 6500. and pay only 780 in their contribution. My company only giving Rs. 780 . where actual contribution must be 12% of basic+DA+Personal pay. It will be Rs. 1472.
    Is it possible to break the statutory rules ?

8. B. Goswami says

I have joined in govt service on 26.10.2007. But my GPF deduction started from april 2009. So in the GPF annual statement issued by AG some missing credit are shown. My question is that is there any option by applying to AG through my establishment to repay all the missing credit arrears from my part.
    Plz advice.
    Bappaditya Goswami

9. Santo De says

Dear Sir/Madam

I want to know the G.O. No. & date regarding withdrawal of Non-Refundable PF loan after 15 years of service. Also want to know that if it is applicable to the teachers of the Govt. Aided Secondary Schools in West Bengal.

10. ankan ghosh says

currently I am working in DAMODAR VALLEY CORPORATION,which is a statuary corporation under the ministry of power govt. of india, in the basic pay of 24010/- p.m. having g.p. of 6600/-as an executive engineer. I have got the selection os ASST.DIRECT. boiler with a pay of Rs.15,600/- – Rs. 42,000/- plus Grade pay Rs. 6,600/- (PB – 4A). I have obtained the no objection certificate from DAMODAR VALLEY CORPORATION for joining the post of ASST.DIRECT. boiler in the department of LABOUR GOVT. OF WEST BENGAL.
    Now my questions are.
    1. Weather I shall get my pay protection and if so which components will be protected ——-only basic/basic+da ?
    2. For retain my retirement benefit weather I have to tender TECHNICAL RESIGNATION ? so, weather that will be accepted by the GOVT, OF WEST BENGAL?
    Please give your valuable advice.

11. Rusi Dutta says

a female employee of our office applied in10A form for final withdrawal from her GPF A/c.Now the sanction has come from AG Bengal. But,now she is dead.Earlier she nominated her husband for such withdrawal.But the sanction has come in the name of the employee.The question is that how her husband will recover that amount.please reply.thanks.

12. kapil says

i just retired from delhi police and got only half of the amount of GPF as per GPF statement, so just wanted to know it’s may be clerical mistake or there is an provision of giving 50% at the time of Retirement day and left amount will be gradually credit in our account?

13. keyur patel says

my father death in dec-11 i got all payment of his GPF some one tell me that if u don’t withdrawal since last three year you will eligible for getting around 30k to 50k is that right plz help me for finding truth behind this rule or give me proper site address for getting rules

thanknyou

14. pradeep kumar patel says

Sir, kindly know to me my current GPF Account Balance , My GPF No. PHO/ORISSA/34787
    AS I DIDNOT GET A CERTIFICATE OF THE YEAR-2011

15. kumar gaurav says

my service as on this date is 10 years may i withdraw 75% of gpf to purchase a house if criteria is this, i will do my job for 20 years only

• ranjeet says

The purpose as shown i.e. purchase of house is covered under GPF 15(1)(B) as per above rule, you can get the 90% of credit amount any time during the service.
      Secondly if your balance service within ten years before the date of superannuation, you can get 75% withdrawal from your GPF of any purpose as per GPF rule15(1)(A)(b).

16. a l patel says

I am retired from school I claimed in tribunal for cut 5% pension by management the judgement will not come Local fund office objection that when case in tribunal than not paid final whithdrow of g.p.f why this ?

17. DIPESH CHHETRI says

i want to know about the final payment of GPF of death person. if his/her son is cross the age of 18 (Adult son) or marriage daughter can eligible for GPF share. if yes than please be replied with Government Order regarding this rule.

18. koilpillai says

I want to see my GPF account details. I had already tried to feeding birthday date and GPF no, in given website but data’s are not display.

“Data found but your dob is mismatch” type message is displaying. but I can see SI details with same date of birth date.

Pl guides me that how I can see GPF details and also check that my dob is matching with given date. 2004-2006

19. Balaram Bahadur says

A West Bengal State Government employee was taken a refundable advance before completion of his 15 years service. Now he completed 15 years service and applied for conversion from refundable to non-refundable advance of the balance amount of previous refundable advance. Is it possible?

20. shakuntala patil says

sir
    I would like to withdraw part final from my gpf account and I have given reason that to buy TV which cost Rs.6,80,000/- but my clerk say that I get 50% from my saving not 75%. Is it correct?

21. seema gupta says

sir i hv completed my 16 yr service….i want to take non _ refundable loan for purchasing flat (home) at my native place from my gpf…can i hv that ? pl reply me by mail…..

22. sadhna says

a house was purchased in my husband”s name in sept2012. for this he has taken some
    loans in his name. can i take withdrawl from gpf to repay those loans.

23. Himadri Hembram says

Sir, Pl guide me how to fill up the columns of gpf deduction/ subscription statement for the months later than march as stated in a gpf a/c slip in case of applying for gpf advance.

24. r.geetha says

I am working in a Govt. School. I was on leave without allowance from April to november.But my salary for one month was claimed in the school Knowing this they refunded the net amount of salary in the Treasury.But m y GPF subscription remains in my PF account.The amount has to be recovered from me. But we dont know the head of Accont to which the amount to be remitted in treasury.Can you intimate me the same.

• says

There are as such no bar taking more than one advance from G.P.F. A/c.
      A second temporary advance shall be admissible during the pendency of the first temporary advance provided the unrecovered amount of the first advance together with the amount of fresh advance shall be computed and will be treated as fresh advance and shall be recovered in the manner prescribed in GPF Rules.

For more discussion please join at: http://www.askwb.com

25. SUMIT LAHA says

Respected sir
    I have a Question. suppose a person retired 59years 11 months (schedule age 60 years). what is the Rules of Provident Fund and how it is calculate that he will be get.

26. anil says

myself is working as primary teacher in zilla parishad, Nashik in the state of maharashtra. my question is why GPF is not deducting from my salary. I have joined on 01/06/2005. Please provide me relevent information on this.

27. Nikhil says

Hello Sir,

Where can I get the certificate stating that the GPF amount can be withdrawed? I needed it for my son`s higher education in foreign university. Please help me.

28. Dion says

Sir:

I wish to avail of an advance from my GPF. I have completed more thn 15 years of service. how is it calculated? is it 3 months of Basic pay or the net payment (in hand)?

29. Harphool Singh says

I ,Harphool Singh took the VRS on 23/1/2009 from Central govt department.My GPF have been passed up to my VRS, But the payment authority was issued on 21/4/2010 i.e after 15 months .please clarify weather i am entitled for the interest up to 21/4/2010.
    Thanks.

30. tress says

sir , i am a state govt employee,assistant proffessor,i was apprehending an increase in the income tax slab and hence increased providend fund amount from 8,000 to 14,000.If i wants to decrease the the provident fund amount to 8,000 again from the month of April what wil i have to do?i desperately need money for renovations of my house,and cannot afford to keep 6000 more in PF.sir please reply as soon as possible in mail.

31. sukanya says

I completed one year service under state govt and applied for GPF number in january,2013 ,but till now i have not get the number.
    plz tell the reasons for delay and what should i do for that?please suggest.

32. daroni akash says

I have applied for GPF account number three months ago, after completing one year service as a state govt. employee.but till now i have not get the number.whar are the reasons for delay and what should i do for for that?

33. SUMIT SINGH says

SIR,
    I WAS SERVING IN DIRECTORATE OF INDUSTRIES,UP FROM MAY’03 TO DEC’05 THEN AFTER I HAVE JOINED CISF AS A SUB INSPECTOR WITH TECHNICAL RESIGNATION. IN DIRECTORATE OF INDUSTRIES MY GPF CONTRIBUTION WAS DEDUCTING. BUT IN CISF THEY HAVE STARTED MY NPS CONTRIBUTION FROM DEC’05 TO TILL NOW.MY PREVIOUS SERVICE RENDERED AT DIRECTORATE OF INDUSTRIES HAS COUNTED WITH MY CURRENT SERVICE NOW. I JUST WANT TO KNOW THAT WHAT IS THE COURSE ACTION REGARDING MY GPF ACCOUNT AND WHAT WILL BE THE CONTRIBUTION DEPOSITED IN MY NPS ACCOUNT WHETHER IT WILL BE REFUNDED TO ME OR WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO MY GPF ACCOUNT . TELL ME THE EXACT RULLING IN THIS MATTER.

34. Chandrashekhar Shrigondekar says

I had taken part final withdrawal 15 years back for the purchase of flat. My doubt is whether I can apply for part final withdrawal for the same purpose i.e. purchase of flat for the second time. My office says NO. Please guide

35. Debasish says

After completed 15 years service an employee want to convert his GPF Loan (which was previously taken before 15 years) from Temporary Advance to Non Refundable Advance. What is the procedure??

36. Sanjay Gupta says

I have private job ,Rs. 700 deducted as a PF Amount from my take home salary every month . How much amount will be deposited in one year .
    I want see my deposited PF Amount Please guide me for it.

Thanks
    Sanjay Gupta
    Contact No.
    Manager MIS

37. Sanjay Gupta says

Can we withdraw my PF Amount , without company approval ?
    If yes , what is the proceduer for it ? please guide me .

Sanjay Gupta
    Manager MIS

38. Sukalyan says

I was previously in a aided h.s school at bdn..now i am continuing it in A Chandernagore corprtn managed school…I withdrew my p.f from previous school and nw want to deposit it in my new school p.f account..but corporatn says they dnt have that system to deposit it and asked me to keep it in bank,not me only that they tell whoever apply likewise…whats the rule? Is it diff for Chandernagore corporatn managed schools? Wnt it make a hazard during my retirement? Pls answr

39. Soumyadip Bhattacharjee says

I HAVE CONTINUOUSLY WORKED ALMOST 9 MONTHS IN “WEST BENGAL STATE ELECTRICITY DIST. COMPANY LTD. NOW I JOINED PWD UNDER WEST BENGAL GOVT. AFTER GETTING TECHNICAL RESIGNATION FROM W.B.S.E.D.C.L. CAN I TRANSFER OR WITHDRAW MY CPF AMOUNT TO MY NEW GPF ACCOUNT? I HAVE ALREADY APPLIED FOR THE SAME BUT MY PREVIOUS DO NOT GIVE ANY RESPONSE. HOW CAN I GET THE AMOUNT?

• says

You will be allotted a new GPF A/c within 1 year of joining in your new service at Govt. of West Bengal. Although, you have to apply for opening the same. You can withdraw the whole CPF / EPF amount from your past employer. You have to submit appropriate claim form to the past employer at first. They send it after due verification and calculation to the respective EPF office. The detail procedure for withdrawal, tracking of your account status as well as account balance may be seen from http://www.epfindia.gov.in/.

40. Abu naser says

Respected Sir,
    I want to know that my father had taken Rs.96000 from Gpf account, he has return 11 stallment of Rs.4000 to the gpf account after that he is death. 13 stallment of 4000 rupee has remain to pay, now i am going to get final withral, sir kindley tell me that how the remaining stallment will be paid. And waht is the procedure of Gpf after this condition.

41. Dr.Debashis Saha says

Dear sir , I have one important queries. I am a state govt. employee opening my deduction in GPF A/c January 2011 @Rs-3000/month. Can I withdraw advance on February-2014 and how much amount? Sent me pls u r ans. in my mail ID

42. rusiwb says

We know that after completion of 15 years of continuous service,an employee of West Bengal Govt., is eligible to withdraw non-refundable amount from his or her GPF Account.But if there is any news that the rule has been modified and an employee can withdraw it after completion of 10 years of continuous service.Please clarify and if yes, please post the G.O. Thanks.

43. sabyasachi chakraborty says

I applied for a refundable pf loan for my mother’s illness to my school.But the school is not granting the loan to me. now pl tell me the right procedures of getting this loan by mail.

• ismail patel says

How many times GPF advance will be disbursed to an employee in a year or full service life after 15 years service? and How many time taken one one perpouse in the year???

44. Subhendu Poddar says

Sir
    GPF ACCOUNT SLIP OF THE YEAR ENDED 31/03/2012 SHOWS RS.7000/- HAS BEEN DEDUCTED FROM SALARY OF MARCH- 2012 AS GPF SUBSCRIPTION &RS.5000/- DEDUCTED FROM SALARY OF APRIL-2012 TO FEB-2013 & DEPOSITED AS UASUB. THOUGH ACTUALLY RS. 5000/- HAS BEEN DEDUCTED FROM SALARY OF MARCH-2012 TO FEB-2013.SO TOTAL DEPOSIT AT BALANCE-1 SHOULD BE RS.60000/-.BUT THE GPF ACCOUNT SLIP SHOWS RS.7000/-DEPOSITED AT BALANCE-1 AS SUBS & RS.55000/- DEPOSITED AT BALANCE-III AS UASUB. PLZ. TELL WHAT SHOULD I DO TO CORRECT THIS ERROR.
    MY GPF ACCOUNT NO-AGR/WB/ 74130

45. banwari lal jat says

sir
    I was in CRPF from 14.5.2003 to 17.12.2005 and covered by old pension scheme. after technical resignation i joined CISF ON 17.12.2005 but covered by new pension scheme. CRPF has returned my final payment of GPF in 2006. Now can I be covered by old pension scheme.

46. Raj Kumar Mondal says

My Father Name Lt, Sunil Mondal Under Job State Government Services, please Pay My Father GPF Account Balance. Before Four Month Submitted My Father Service Book & All Document,
    My Mother Name Is Mrs. Renu Mondal;
    Baguiati.Jyangra Mondal Para

47. Gopinath Basak says

Admissibility of GPF Interest for a Gr D employee on retirement upto which date?
    1) Upto the date of retirement ?
    Or 2) Upto the date of Payment ? ( If Payment is made on a date after the date of Retirement )
    Related GOs wanting, Please upload if anybody has.

48. RATINDRA NATH BHADRA says

iam a nurse in a BPHC. my husband also a school teacher.we together live in a govt. quarter. my HRA is deducted from the gross salary. whether my HRA will added for IT calculation?

49. mousumi satpati says

my father had retired as a hm of a school 31st march 2009.but school authority of BELPAHARI SC HIGH SCHOOL is not giving his pf money.plese help with good sugestions.

50. sasanka sekhar ray says

I am resign from govt. service 30.06.2011.kindly give my gpf upto date account slip for which i apply my final gpf. A/C No. 46612 MJ(O) D.D.O Medical officer Leprosy Eradication Unit,Paralakhumndi Gajapati.department Heal & Family Welfare(O).

51. J. Thyagarajan says

I am working as Superintendent of Customs and Central Excise, Hyderabad II Commissionerate, Hyderabad. Please furnish my GPF account statement for 2013-14. My PAN No. ACVPJ1727 E. my Accoun No.

52. Pradip Kr. Bandyopadhyay says

If an employee met a serious accident and he was admitted in ICCU at a coma stage, can his nominee apply for GPF withdrawal amount from his GPF balance for the expenditure of his medical treatment on exigency basis?

53. Prabhat patel says

Respected Sir,
    I am a teacher….i joined this service since 1983….& just continue…sir jo gpf account nu. Mujhe provide kiya gaya tha….usme se only 1-2 time slip recieved hui h….1984-85 me….aur ab wo account nu. Internet me b nahi h….isliye mujhe pata hi nahi h ki mera fund kis nu. Pe jaa raha h…..so pls sir mujhe apna account recovery ka koi solution batayen….pls….

54. nutan satbhai says

what is maximum monthly contribution of GPF fro central Govt. Employee ? Is it only upto Basic pay Or is it upto Basic Pay + Grade Pay kindly reply

• Vineet sharma says

Pl let me know the max monthly contribution of GP Fund from public sector employee. Whether it is restricted upto monthly basic pay and whole amount so contributed is deductable from his annual income with regards to assessing income tax.

55. nand lal says

I have applied for GPF advance but administration has not sanctioned saying that take home/net salalry. please let me know how much take home/net salary is necessary for grant of an advance.

56. digamber singh says

I retired voluntary on 30.09.2013. The PAO calculated interest upto 30.09.13 and final payment paid to me 0n 25.03.2014 after 6 months. If any GPF Rule provide that he should be pay interest upto the date of payment / sanction.

57. Narendra Vikram Vishwakarma says

Hello Sir,

My Father was retired from PWD department as Assistant civil engineer in the year of 2006. Last year in Dec 2012 he expired. As my mother is the nominee and she is getting pension of my Father. So please let me know what is the procedure of Final withdraw of GPF amount. Also please help me to get the GPF account number of my father.

Narendra

58. TAMIL says

Dear sir,
    My father retired from police department. He was suspended 1991 to 1996. But he paid GPF from 1985 in his salary. Now my father died. The gpf number allotted for my father. This number does not match. I was go AG office. Given my father name via name search. My father name not shown. But Manually deduct the GPF amount from 1985 to 1991 and 1996 to 2003. How i claim the amount?

59. nilotpal biswas says

I am a staff of the L& LR,I have completed more than 15 years of service I have applied for G.P.F (NR) 10 days ago for treatment of myself and for my align wife but till date I have not any information whether the G.P.F have been sanctioned or Not ? Now what should be the next step ?

60. ARUP KUMAR DUTTA says

90% GPF withdrwal may be made at any time within 12 months before the retirement for one time without assigning any reason.Ref. G.o 11830-F dt 05.11.1993.

Add Comment Register