Pension related Govt. Orders

West Bengal Services (Death cum Retirement Benefit) Rules 1971, Modified Single Comprehensive Form, Extension of the benefit of the family pension, Guideline to the Head of Office towards family pension, etc.

Here is the important pension related orders issued by the Govt. of West Bengal in chronological orders.

  1. The Scheme for payment of pension and gratuity on the date of superannuation is explained in this order along with the procedures to be followed by the Head of the Office, Drawing and Disbursing Officer, Pay & Accounts Officer, Treasury Officer, Retiring Govt. employee, Pension Disbursing Officer, Principal Accountant General (A & E), West Bengal.
  2. Introduction of Single Comprehensive Form replacing Form 1 & 3 and Annexure III under West Bengal Services (Death cum Retirement Benefit) Rules 1971 in sanction of pension cases.
  3. Family Pension to unmarried daughters up to the age of 25 years or the date of marriage which ever is earlier is defined here.
  4. Extension of the benefit of the family pension of family pension for life to the unmarried / widowed / divorced daughter of State Government employee who has in receipt of ex-gratia pension or his / her spouse was in receipt of ex-gratia family pension.
  5. Guideline to the Head of Office towards family pension for life to the unmarried / divorced / widowed daughters is depicted below.
  6. Revision of pension, family pension, gratuity, commutation of pension after 5th pay commission i.e. West Bengal Revision of Pay & Allowances 2009 is described.
  7. A guidelines for payment of family pension for life to the unmarried divorced / widowed daughters of Government employees / pensioners.
  8. Revision of pension / family pension, gratuity and commutation of pension of post 01.01.2006 pensioners.
  9. Modification of Single Comprehensive Form in connection with the sanction of pension to the Govt employee.
  10. Implementation of the Government decision on the recommendations of the fifth pay commission  regrading Revision of pension for pre 2006 pensioners / family pensioners.
  11. Simplifying the procedures of payment of revised pension to the pre 2006 pensioners / family pensioners.
  12. Revision of pension of Pre-2006 Pensioners/Family Pensioners.
  13. Grant of Dearness Relief to State Govt Pensioners / Family Pensioners w.e.f. December 1, 2010.
  14. Liberalisation of provisions for payment of additional quantum of Pension payable to the family pensioners of 80 years or above.
  15. Issue of Cheque Books and Accepting Standing Instructions from the Pensioners / Family Pensioners.
  16. Ex-gratia grant to Pensioners @ Rs. 800/- per head.
  17. Revised Single Comprehensive Form as per Memo No. 398-F(Pen) dated 13.09.2012.


  1. bijender says

    If someone DOB is 14-07-1934 and he attained age of 80 years in 13-07-2014 . weather he enjoy benefit of 20% additional pension from 01-07-2014 or 14-07-2014 . he is ex- employee of education department of UP Govt.

  2. n.g.das says

    My cousin sister is unmarried & her father WB government pension holder, mother long days ago expired, now father also expired, now my question – is she eligible for pension, if yes how much pension she will get. Her father expired on 15-01-2014. In her father’s family declaration her name is available.

  3. Reeta Saxena says

    Respected sir
    My husband expired on 13-10-1993 on duty working as post of jal kal Abhiyanta, Nagar Palika Shikohabad. Up. My pariwarik pension sanctioned only 10 years. From 14-10-1993 to 13-10-2003. by the director sthaniya nikay Nidesalaya, Indira Bhawan, 8th floor, Lucknow. Up
    In this pension rules any changes for Aajiwan pension to start regular

  4. Amirul Islam says

    My mother is a widow and she is in receipt of Family Pension in West Bengal, However from last 16 years her pension is still Rs 1,300. My Father was a non teaching, Non-Government Staff and died on 14 May 1996.

    Additional Information, my brother and I was also in receipt of pension till the age of 25 Years @ Rs 300 or Rs 400.

    Please comment what kind of pension is this and why my mothers pension is still Rs 1300 which has been enhanced to minimum Rs 3300

  5. S K Das says

    My aunt is a retired nurse worked in health dept of government of W.B. She may get job in pvt nursing home. Does she need to seek permission from government for commercial employment? Who is the authority to give permission.

  6. Anjan Sinha says

    I am Gram Panchyat Employee. My daughter is widow. my daughter get family pension after my death. please say the order no of this matter.

  7. Biswajit Sarkar says

    My retired maternal uncle Late Debabrata Nandi, expired in 2011, leaving his wife and his only mentally retarded and schizophrenic son. His wife became beneficiary of Family pension since then. Since the survival of his son in absence of his wife is difficult in these days, because mental condition would not allow the said son to be employed, his wife desires his mentally retarded son to become the beneficiary of Family pension now. As the said son is now 33 years old, will his mentally disabled son be permitted to be beneficiary,if his wife foregoes the family pension in favour of his mentally disabled son at this stage?
    Kindly throw light on the issue with the relevant provision.
    Biswasjit Sarkar

  8. Rosila Gurung says

    sir,i am Rosila Gurung,age 21 yr,daughter of late constable Prem Kumar father died while serving WBP on 16.3.2006.since then my widow mother had been getting the benefit of family on 2009 she eloped wid another man,leaving me and my brother helpless. Since then i am fighting for my right to family pension but no authorities are helping me out regarding this matter because my mother having remarrid is still claiming that she is not remarrid.plese suggest me the proper way to the right to the family pension.

  9. S.S.Biswas says

    Such kind of service would always be much helpful to the Government employees
    who are going to retire on superannuation or who have already been retired and to the family pensioners as well.

  10. KRISHNAN VASU says

    I am not getting the pension from january,2012 PPO NO. WBCAL0062326



  11. apurba nath says

    Sir, i want to know whether the unmarried daughter of a primary teacher of west bengal govt aided school will get family pention if she is above the age of 25 like the state govt. if yes please publish the memo.
    Apurba Nath.

  12. Prosenjit Dasgupta says

    I want to know whether there is any provision to extend the family pension of Govt Employee to his/her unemployed, unmarried son. If so, if there is some age restriction or any other condition. please let me know in details.

  13. sankar prasad das says

    I have joined a an asst teacher at West Bengal HS school in the year 2007 Nov. Will I avail the pension after retairment. My date of birth 17.06.76

  14. Mansoor Ali says

    i want to know that what is the upper age for getting children(boy) family pension in govt. aided high school in west bengal.

  15. Nirmal Kumar Roy Choudhury says

    I want to know whether above 25 years aged daughter divorcee will get the pension of her deceased mother who was an Government employee and died before superannuation.



    • Amal Kumar Ghosh says

      I am A.K.Ghosh. My D.O.B is 19.11.74. I am a shool teacher. I joined my service on 6.10.2007. I want to know whether I could be able to enjoy pension.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sharing mobile number is not allowed. Please refer our Comment Guidelines.

Current ye@r *