Government of West Bengal
No. 11140-F(P), Dated: 18.12.2009
Subject: Deputation of State Government employers to other Governments / Departments /Companies /Corporation, etc.
The Fifth Pay Commission has submitted its report on the revision of rates of deputation allowance after revision of pay of the State Government employees under the provision of the West Bengal Services (Revision of Pay and Allowance) Rules, 2009.
After careful consideration of the recommendation of the Commission, the Governor has been pleased to make the following modifications of the rate of deputation allowance for the employees of the State Government: -
1. (a) For normal deputation:
(i) 5% of the basic pay being sum total of the pay in the pay band plus grade pay subject to a maximum of Rs. 1000/- per month when transfer is within the same station;
(ii) 10% of the revised basic pay (pay in the pay band plus grade pay), subject to a maximum of Rs. 2000/- per month in all other cases;
Provided the deputation post does not carry identical, equivalent or lower scale of pay.
This will be further subject to the condition that the revised basic pay plus deputation allowance shall not exceed the maximum of the sum total of the pay in this pay band plus grade pay of the parent post, or the maximum of the sum total of the pay in the pay band plus grade pay of the deputation post or Rs. 70,000/- whichever is higher.
1. The term “same station” will mean the station where the employee concerned was on duty before proceeding on deputation.
2. When there is no change of headquarters with reference to the post held before deputation, the transfer should be treated as within the jurisdiction of the same Urban agglomeration, Corporation, Municipality, notified area and also to places contiguous to the old headquarters will be treated as transfer within the “same station.”
3. When a Medical Officer is sent on deputation to a post with which NPA is attached, his revised basic pay plus deputation allowance shall not exceed the maximum of the sum total of the pay in the pay band, grade pay and NPA, if any, of the parent post or the maximum of the sum total of the pay in the pay band, grade pay and NPA of the deputation post or Rs. 80,000/- whichever is higher,
(b) For other Categories of deputation:
Where the minimum of the sum total of pay in the pay-band plus grade pay of tne deputation post substantially exceed the revised basic pay of the employee of the parent cadre, the deputation pay may be so fixed that it shall not exceed the basic pay in the pay band and grade pay) of the deputationist by more than the following amount:
(i) Employees in receipt of revised basic pay (i.e. sum of pay in the pay-band plus grade pay) above Rs. 20,000/- : 6% of the revised basic pay or Rs. 1600/- whichever is more.
(ii) Employees in receipt of revised basic pay above Rs. 7,500/- and upto Rs. 20,000/- : 8% of the revised basic payor Rs. 750/- whichever is more.
(iii) Employees in receipt of revised basic pay of and below Rs, 7,500/- : 10% of the revised basic pay.
2. The Governor is further pleased to state that for officers borne in the Management Pool, when the selection for appointment to a deputation post is made by the Standing Selection Board, the benefit of increase in basic pay-in the deputation post shall be to the extent of 10% of the revised basic pay of the officer in his parent cadre subject to a maximum of Rs. 4,000/- per month.
3. The provisions contained in the Finance Department Memo. Nos. 9326-F dated 12.10.79, No. 7871-F dated 13.07.84, No. 10924-F dated 20.12.85, No. 4276-F dated 03.05.90 and Memo No. 3728-F dated 26.04.99 stand modified to this extent.
4. The revised rates sanctioned herein will be effective from the date an officer/ employee draws pay in the revised scale of pay applicable to him in accordance with the West Bengal Services (Revision of Pay & Allowance) Rules, 2009 but not earlier than 1st December, 2009.
Sd/- S. K. Chattopadhyay
Special Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal