Upper Age Limit for Entry into Govt. Jobs – 40 years

In the year 2006, the Government had raised the upper age limit for entry into Govt. service from 32 to 37 years with a validity of 5 years. Now the Government again raised the limit to 40 years for entry into Govt service in Group C and D only. The minimum age is unchanged i.e.18 years. The age relaxation for the SC / ST candidates fixed at 45 years and that for OBC / PH candidates at 43 years. Here is the published G.O.:

Government of West Bengal
Finance Department
Audit Branch

No. 11653-F(P), dated 30.12.2011

NOTIFICATION

In exercise of the power conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution of India, the Governor is pleased hereby to make the following amendments in the West Bengal Services(Raising of Age limit) Rules, 1981, published with this Department notification No. 10317-F dated the 31st December, 1981, as subsequently amended (herein after referred to as the said rules:-

Amendments

In the said rules, –

(1) in sub-rule (2) of rule 1 for the words, figures and letters “the 31st December, 2011, substitute the words, figures and letters, “the 31st December, 2016″;

(2) Where the upper age-limit for recruitment to any post or service is fixed at less than 32 years, such upper age-limit shall be raised to 32 years:

Provided that upper age-limit for the direct recruitment to all Group ‘C’ and Group ‘D’ posts shall be 40 years:

Provided further that where recruitment to any post or service is made in accordance with the West Bengal Regulation of Recruitment in State Government Establishments and Establishments under Public Undertakings, Statutory Bodies, Government Companies and Local Authorities Act, 1999 (West Ben. Act, XIV of 1999) and rules or notifications issued thereunder and not through the Public Service Commission, West Bengal, the upper age-limit shall be raised to 40 years”.

2. This notification shall come into force with effect from the 1st January, 2012.

By order of the Governor,

Sd/- C.M. Bachhawat
Principal Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal,
Finance Department.

Join WBXPress Forum | Like Facebook Page | Join Google+ Page | Follow Twitter

Comments

1. manish says

i have a good knowledge of warehouse (22 years) in pharma industry & my age is 44 completed (OBC). Can i take jobs in govt sector like central warehousing corporation.
    please advise.

2. AMIT BANERJEE says

Respected sir/madam,
    I am ( PWD Person – Walking with one stick)37 years old , I NEED ANY GOVT. JOB IN POST LDC,/ Office Assistant ,TYPIEST, KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER I am completed B.S.C & typing English, Knowledge of Computer , Tally, Internet , & Ple.Sent to Email government Job My age perfect.

3. rajendra singh says

Sir my name is rajendra singh
    Am from gwalior (m.p.)
    I was greaguate llb
    And am prectecing at advocate in gwalior highcourt science year 2000
    And i have heandel criminal civil conjumer metromoneal type cases

Please if u get to me the knowledge the job of government sector

I want to the work in government sector

Thenks

4. Chetan Dalsania says

Respected sir/madam, I am 33 years old , I NEED ANY GOVT. JOB IN POST LDC, TYPIEST, KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER I am completed T.Y. B. A. With English & typing English, & Gujarati & Knowledge of Computer , Tally, Internet , Ple.Sent to Email government Job My age perfect.

5. sanjana says

Respected sir/madam, I am 43 years old , I NEED ANY GOVT. JOB IN POST LDC, TYPIEST, KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER I am completed T.Y. B. A. & typing English, Marathi & Hindi & Knowledge of Computer , Tally, Internet , Ple.Sent to Email government Job My age perfect.

6. pankaj saxena says

Hi
    I am 34 yerars old. I am looking for a job in govt. sector. I am MA ( Public Add ) and have sound good knowledge of computer. Pl. let me know where or which types of govt. job I can apply.

7. sudharsini says

Hi, I am 40 now…and i am looking out for a job at the managerial level. I am an M.B.A holder with a B.Com Degree… and have 6.5 yrs of work experience in the Banking Sector…..

8. Shalini says

Hi
    I am 35 yerars old. I am looking for a job in govt. sector. I am MCA and have sound knowledge of computer. Pl. let me know where or which types of govt. job I can apply.

• Mayank Singh Nain says

@ Shalini, You shud try for PCS services and u’ll get lot of opportunities but not sure if ur technical qualification wud be required :-)

9. Vaibhav says

I am 35 year old. I am working with MNC for last Seven years in different field please suggest me gov job options for me and criteria for the same. I am totaly confused about my career please reply Asap. I am commerce graduate and have completed MBA in Finance (Correspondence).

10. PRANABESH KANTHAL says

Respected Sir,
    I am 27 years old what kind of job are available up to 40 years.

Please give me details as early as possible.

Thanking You,

Pranabesh Kanthal
    Diamond Harbour
    South 24 PGS S
    Pin – 743504

11. Atul says

I am 31 year old I dont I am working with MNC for last five years please suggest me gov job options for me and criteria for the same. I am totaly confused about my career please reply. Asap I am graduate( B.A )

12. shraddha says

I am a commerce graduate from lucknow university UP. I am 36 years old. Is this age relaxation ammendment for West Bengal only. What clerical jobs can I apply for? Can I make an attempt in IAS and PCS examinations also.

13. Bedahuti Seal says

14. Bedahuti Seal says

I Bedahuti Seal. Standard 10+12th passed, Wireman & Plumber (I.T.I.) Computer DCA Course, Have experienced in SBI Silchar Branch, Udhar Bond, Dholai, Kabuganj, Panibhora, Kalain, Sonai Road, Nit Branch since 2004 as outsource basis. Business Facialator 2009-2012(SBI) (Dholai Branch, Nit Branch (REC) Kabuganj Branch & Sonai Road Branch. plase job in indian any job contect me. GMAIL: bedahutiseal@gmail.com Sealbedahuti@gmail.com MOBILE NO: 9401372097. Present working on State Bank of India Out Sourcing.

15. neeta says

dear sir
    I am 33 years old I have 5 years of experience in data entry and team leader work.
    my last salary scale is 13000 so I want to search job of salary more than rs 15000. I have basic computer knowledge and typing speed 40 wpm.
    Kindly suggest me job for more salary expections

16. chandrakanth says

Hi Myself 39yrs old and I completed BE in Industrial production in 1996, and curently working in Agency for Tata Docomo Client as Relationship Manager, I am looking for Govt job of any kinf and Any dept…

17. Rajesh Kumar Tiwari says

I am AROUND 31 YEARS old , I NEED ANY GOVT Job. I am Graduate And Computer Knowledge and 10 Years Experience In Computer Hardware Dept to till.

18. Mrs. Neethu Sarath Babu says

I have passed 10th in 1999/2000 batch………. now i am working in private company(printing press) as a Executive from past 7years…….. I am a state represented Ball-Badminton player………. i need a Govt. Job through Sports Quota, so please kindly let me know the relevant job to my profile………………
    Sir/Madam
    Awaiting for your replay through E-mail
    Thankyou…………

19. Hitendra Sonawane says

Dear sir, I have 38 year old. I have passed ITI in turner, 10 years experience in private company. I want service in gov. What I do? But private company job for age limit so what can I do sir please, reply me.

20. RIZWAN SHAIKH says

HIII IM SHAIKH RIZWAN.I M COMPELETD B.sc(CHEMISTRY)FROM UNVERSITY OF MUMBAI.AND MY DOBIS15/06/1983. 31yrs. I M V.MUCH INTERESTED IN GOVT JOB IN ANY FIELD PLS SUGGEST ME WHT KIND OFJO SHULD I APPLY AND HOW CAN I GET TH JOB.

21. Deepak Thakur says

Im 30 years old and done Mba(Degree) in finance and International Business and Doeacc O level. please suggest which govt jobs i would be eligible.

22. saravanan.J says

Dear sir/ madam,

I have completed my B.E in 2002 and i completed my M.E in 2012 . i am just 36+ age. can i able to apply for government jobs. what is the age limit for govt.jobs. please give ur valuable guidance.

23. Manjeera says

Sir
    I’m female graduate B.SC..(passed out-2005) age -(July,6th 1985)- 30 yrs, would like to know what kind of Govt job option I have and where I can apply for Govt job matching my qualification as well as my age. I also want to know about PO’s too, But I am interested for bank examinations for clerical posts as well as which field that can suitable for me. Kindly suggest me as per your knowledge.

Thanks for your valuable time,

R.V.R.N.Manjeera…

24. Narendrasinh says

I am 37 year old and I have done B.Com and currently doing M.Lib from IGNOU. Also I am working with a private bank. Am I elligible for Govt job.

25. Manish Sharma says

My Age Is 32 +, Now Can I Apply For Any Government Job…???
    I Am Commerce Graduate With Persuing Executive MBA (1 Year Complited), And Hindi Typing Passed From MP Board, Bhopal (MP)…
    Please Reply…

26. Madhusudhan says

Sir,I am 32- Diploma (Mech) and BE(Mech)2011 with AutoCAD, Pro-E,Catia and CCNA Certified. Tried both for private and govt. jobs. In Private every where asks experience.
    Both Diploma and BE qualification registered at Dist. Employment Exchange, Bangalore. Government should provide employment to all only through employment exchange irrespective of experience either in private(duly secured) and government departments duly considering age of the candidate. Let everybody ask this to government.

27. shina gupta says

I am 35 yr, female candidate. I was complete M.Tech(vlsi), BE,3yr engg. Diploma. I need to any govt job , give ur suggestions abt jobs and age relaxations rules for diploma holders,
    Thanx

28. ravi says

Sir I am 39 year old I am BA graduate n current is work in pvt job I want to govt job please tell me when I got IT govt job n your suggestion please tell me I wait your answer
    Thky.

29. shakeel ahmed says

I am 38+ and very much interested to work for kolkata police in any department and I’m physically fit with working as executive operation in renowned security company n my education as graduate is it possible because I want to serve my country

30. Dalpat singh tanwar says

i m 41 year old.
    education b.a.LLb n 20 year experience in medical line as a sales area manager.so plz suggest me what can i do for govt.job.

31. Bhavesh Vora says

Dear Sir/ Madam, I am Searching for job. I have 18 years experienced as a Business Head, Operation Manager, Sales & Marketing Head, Etc. I want job in Kolkata only. or else in Gujarat in Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Baroda Etc. Awaiting for your reply. Thanks & Regards, Bhavesh Vora, Kolkata

32. anand kumar.g says

iam ssc failed 1999 to 2000.batch my age 31yrs,i want govt job any post please help me,iam the middle class ,i have so many problems please give me reply,iam from hyderabad,i want job in hyderabad……….
    g anand kumar

33. vipin garg says

I m 30 years old and interested in govt jobs.i m a m.b.a, b.com. pls suggest me the ideas for govt jobs and email me while the exam announcement.

34. eeaswari says

Iam 40 years old,I wish to work with a Govt.concern, My Qualification is B.B.A,Diploma in commerce,B.Com discontinued. Kindly reply me.

Thanks.

35. Satish Yadav says

Sir
    I’m graduate B.C.A. age – 31, would like to know what kind of Govt job option I have and where I can apply for Govt job matching my qualification as well as my age.

Please suggest if any.

Thanking you

Satish Yadav

36. Amit Kumar Singh says

I am 30 yrs. old. I am working in a pvt. co. I am not satisfy with my work. I am a B.Com Hons. please guide me to get govt. jobs, if possible.
    Thanking you…..

37. BAPPA MANDAL says

I passed ITI in electrical,BA in Arts, Hon in computer,MBA (HRM) from ICFAI tripura doing job in kolkata police and my age 37yrs. But I am not satisfied with this constable rank, What kind of job I can get and make me satisfaction.

38. REENA MONTEIRO says

I am 38 yrs old . I am graduate in commerce and B.ed with first class. Am I eligible for any govt. jobs? How can I get it?

39. Jitendra Singh says

Hi,

I am graduate B.A., age 29, would like to know what kind of govt job option I have and where I can apply for govt job matching my qualification as well as my age. Please suggest if any.

Thanking you,

Jitendra Singh
    ziten2007@yahoo.com

40. swagata bhattacharya says

I am 28 years old and interested in government job.i am fresh BA graduate and have computer knowledge .pls suggest me the idea about government jobs and email me while the exam announcement.you also inform me by phone call.My land line phone no is 2549-7832.

41. c.sumathi says

I m 29 years old and interested in govt jobs.i m a BA graduate pls suggest me the ideas for govt jobs and email me while the exam announcement.

42. GAYATRI MUKHERJEE says

I am 37 years , looking for Govt job , preferably teaching. I have eight years teaching experience privately. Please suggest me as soon as possible through my e-mail address.

43. sushanta dey says

sir.
    I am now 32+ . unfortunstly I have missed 2013 wbcs exam. because it did not published..

I just want to know is the age limit raiseed to 40 years for the exam of Wbcd group C or D post… as per notice

plz reply me… I am waiting for ur ans

44. Bholanath roy says

my Age is 43 years so i very interest to do the govertment jobs so pls do need full to me beacue i am interesting in data entry office assistant or any accountant. i am s/c person. H S pass.

45. satyanarayana rao says

sir , I am satyanarayana rao from visakhapatnam I completed ssc in the year 1990 . My date of birth is 16 march 1972 . I am a orthopaedically handicapped candidate . I also have certificate from vocational rehabilitation centre for handicapped saying that i found suitable for clerk job. At present i am a daily wage worker (computer hardware self at home) my work is not sufficient for feeding my family . Now i want a govt job in ph quota or in bc quota in any place in any sector . Please send me mail as soon as possible.

46. Hari singh says

Sir, I am harish from rajasthan. I complate b.a. in 1995. My date of birth 10.06.1974. I am a Phy. Handicape. Person. Now i am working as a electrical technician in ahmedabad since last 5 year. Now i want a govt. Job in 3rd grade position in rajasthan in any sector. Please mail me as soon as posible.

47. BIKAS SINGH CHOUDHARY says

I am working with the koylanchal urban co-op. bank ltd as branch manager. total experience 13 yrs. I want to take government job and I am 43 yers.old. I am interested in banking job.

with warm regards.
    Bikas singh choudhary
    25/03/2014

48. Hitler gogoi says

Sir
    my name is hitler gogoi 32 years of age need a goverment job. I have 4 year Acountant experience in NGO.
    If any goverment job in your hand for arunachal pradesh sir request you plz give me iam very gladful to you.
    Any chalanging job i give my best, in any place of arunachal pradesh.
    Request you sir..plz

49. Pushpaj Kumar Mishra says

Myself Pushpaj Mishra i’m 30 year old, i have 7.5 years experiance in area of MIS/FINANCE/LOGISTICS/ Different – Different types MIS reporing, I Have already completed MBA in Finance, i need govt Job.
    Kindly Help!!

50. brijesh s pandey says

dear sir/madam
    i am brijesh a pandey b.com,mba age 40 & 3month can i get any govt job in c or d group i am having total 14 yers of exp in computer field. insurance sector , and managment work. please tell me sir on this age can i get govt job.

51. sangeeta gupta says

Respected sir , I am a housewife but at the age of 35 ,need a job .I am only 12pass from modern sr. sec. school , Noida. Is there any job for 12th pass candidates in gov . jobs.kindly reply me as soon as possible. thanx for ur entire team.

52. shilpa baid says

Dear sir/mam ,
    this is shilpa age 33 passed out higher secondary in the year 2000 and ,and is persueing graduation eng hon frm ignou(open university) i am interested to apply for government job ,pls kindly update me for the vacancies and my eligibility is for which grade.can i apply in bank sector.

thanks & reg
    shilpa

53. shilpa baid says

dear sir/mam ,

thanks & reg
    shilpa

54. Mohammad Sageer says

55. N. Sharmila says

my Age is 38 years so i very interest to do the govertment jobs so pls do need full to me beacue i am interesting in data entry office assistant or any accountant

56. sushila says

what is the upper age limit for direct recruitment in the post of lecturer /assistant lecturer in food and craft institute,Department of Tourism under government of West Bengal?

57. SUDIP KUMAR DAS says

I WENT TO KNOW ABOUT THE GROUP-C/D JOBS FOR THE STATE GOVT.I NEED A JOB ANY C/D POST.
    I AM A GOOD PLAYER OF GAMES.AT THAT TIME I JOINT A FACILITY JOB.THANKING SIR.

58. Dipyaman Sarkar says

I want to know the details of the Group-C/D clerical jobs for the State Government. The West Bengal Govt. has provided for Group-C/D post age limit upto 40 years for general cast. So, what can I do for this one.

59. ujjal dutta says

sir my familly condition is very poor.i went to west bengal govt job grup d post acpect.please one more chance please.my age is now 38.i weat for your reply.thanking ujjal.

60. Snehasis Nandi says

In reference to advertisement published in http://www.wbhealth.gov.in regarding recruitment of different post under NRHM, It is found that the age limit is upto 35 years for different post, in the same website it is also fund that age limit of different posts under RCH project is upto 40 years. This is a huge discripency and it is beyond this notifications. Please clarify.

61. u NARA SIMHA RAJU says

my name is U NARASIMA RAJU my adress is D/no 20-21,dhubas street ,oldpet,chandra giri,near tirupathi,chittoor district,AP,pin-517101 respected sir/madam iam un employed nearly 43 years old caste OBC so i want job in any vacancy in near tirupathi or any where in ANDHRA pradesh my family conditions is very poor so iwant job my qualifications is S.S.C ,inter mediate(12th,+2),and job oriented course SERICULTURE diploma in karnataka state,sex-MALE,maritial status..married. Early reply please THANKING YOU SIR

62. Ratan Roy (Kastadanga,Haringhata,Nadia) says

I am just now 27+ years of age. This is my last chance to get government job in the category of group – C/D. Please check if the form is released in the website of the West Bengal State Government. I have given several government jobs. But due to some political cause I have not get any government jobs. This is the last opportunity to get the government jobs.
    Regards __
    Ratan Roy

63. Dipyaman Sarkar says

I am just now 39+ years of age. This is my last chance to get government job in the category of group – C/D. Please check if the form is released in the website of the West Bengal State Government. I have given several government jobs. But due to some political cause I have not get any government jobs. This is the last opportunity to get the government jobs.

64. CHANDRA NATH DAS says

Respected sir/madam i am Chandra Nath Das, B.A. pass, O.B.C. caste male candidate have very well computer knowledge so can i applly group c group d job Govt. of West Bengal please informed me add: 117/2 R.B. ROAD, BANKIM PARK, BIRATI, KOLKATA -700 051, email: chanddas07@rediffmail.com

65. JAYANTA MONDAL says

Respected sir/madam i am Jayanta Mondal B Com pass unreserved male candidate have computer knowledge so can i applly group c group d job Govt. of West Bengal please informed me add:G T ROAD GHORDOURCHATI SRIPOLLY BURDWAN 713103 email:amijoyanto@gmail.com

66. Ihsan Ahmed Khan says

EMPLOYMENT NOTICE N0- 01/2012/KPRB. Govt of west bengal, home (police) deptt. G.O No.4529-PL dated 31-10-2011 & 565-PL dated 27-01-2011. This Amendment applicable for Recuitment of constable/Lady Constable in KOLKATA POLICE