Implementation of e-Payment [electronic mode of payment] and e-Receipts [electronic mode of receipt] system in Government transaction to ensure transparency and to avoid delay. Now it has been decided that salary payment to Government employees may be made through e-Payment by adopting suitable procedure. Employees who opts for the scheme will get his /her salary direct to his / her bank account.
Following benefits can be derived from the scheme:-
- It will reduce the risk of bringing the cash from the bank and hazards of handling the cash such as cash shortage etc.
- It will reduce the cost of security arrangement.
- It will reduce the loss of man-hour for disbursing and receiving salary on Pay-day.
Amendments in Part A for payment of salary through bank of the West Bengal Governments’ e-Payment of Salary [ePS} Scheme 2009.
Implementation of the procedures for changing the salary linked bank account of the Government employee from one branch to another branch.
Compulsory Payment of monthly salary of all the employees of various departments/ directorates/ regional offices of the state Govt of West Bengal.
National Informatics Software (NIC) has developed a software namely COSA (Computerization of Salary Account) assures timely submission of correct and error free bill with proper security measure. All the Head of the Offices and Drawing & Disbursing Officers shall introduce COSA software package for generation of Salary Bills for their offices at the earliest.
Payment of monthly salary of various departments/ directorates/ regional offices of the state Govt. of West Bengal made compulsory by Sepember 2011. Introduction of RECS (Regional Electronic Clearing Service) by RBI (Reserve Bank of India).
Inclusion of following banks under the purview of ePayment Scheme apart from the 28 Public Sectors Bank already specified
- The West Bengal State Co-operative Bank Ltd. And its affiliated Central Co-operative Banks.
- Regional Rural Banks (RRB) in West Bengal i.e.
- Bangiya Gramin Vikash Bank
- Paschim Banga Gramin Bank
- Uttar Kshetriya Gramin Bank
- All Urban Co-operative Banks
Date of issue of cheques under ePS Scheme for the month of July, August and September, 2011 is 26th of each month.