Update: Dearness Allowance Hike by 10% with effect from 01.01.2017
West Bengal Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee on Friday (11.09.2015) held a meeting with the federation of Government employees at Netaji Indoor Stadium. Main highlights of her speech:-
- We will give 10% DA hike to government employees from January, 2016.
- Those who worked on bandh day will get Compensatory Leave. Those who were absent will be penalised.
- State Govt Employees will get Leave Travel Concession (LTC) every 10 (ten) years to travel within the country and to foreign countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar and Maldives.
- Govt has decided to widen the benefit of Home Travel Concession (HTC) to State Govt Employees every 5 (five) years to travel Home within the State.
- We will form 6th Pay Commission which will start working from October this year and will be in force from 1 January 2016 to 31 Dec, 2025 (10 years).
Update: Notification for Dearness Allowance @ 75% w.e.f. January, 2016