1. You may collect blank format of service book from your DDO’s office or from elsewhere.
2. All entries are to be copied from original service book to the new one either in your own handwriting or somebody else with a good writing hand.
3. Get the new book attested by your DDO.
4. Check and ensure that all the entries are attested.
5. Keep the duplicate service book in your own custody.
Duplicate Service Book is actually a certified true copy of the original service book. If the original service book is missing then duplicate service book is considered by pension sanctioning authority. Whereas a xerox copy duly attested is not considered as TRUE copy.
One thing I would like to add that the purpose of creating a duplicate service book is that if the Original is lost or damaged due to some reason, the duplicate one may be used henceforth and it will be treated as Original. If it is faced that the number of Service book is not sufficient to prepare a duplicate one, photocopy (attested preferably) of the pages containing entries may be given to the employee concerned, until new lot of Service book are procured, so that in case of any indecent of loss or damage, a new service book can be prepared easily on the basis of the photocopies. This is not the approved process though.