State Level Task Force for Kala Azar in West Bengal
Published in Health.
Update: District and Block Level Task Force for Kala Azar
Government of West Bengal
Health & Family Welfare Department
Swasthya Bhaban, ‘B’ – Wing, Fourth Floor
G.N. – 29, Sector – V, Bidhannagar, Kolkata – 700 091
Memo. No. HPH/1″D”-29-2014/43 Dt:- 27.01.2015
In conformity with the National Roadmap for Kala-azar elimination, a State Level Task Force for Kala Azar is hereby constituted under the chairmanship of the Principal Secretary, Health & Family Welfare Department, GoWB. The composition of the Task Force will be as follows:
- Secretary (PHP), H & FW Department. – Member.
- DME & E.O.Secy – Member.
- DHS & E.O.Secy – Member.
- HOD, Department of Parasitology, STM – Member.
- HOD, Community Medicine, Burdwan MCH – Member.
- Prof. Mitali Chatterjee, Deptt of Pharmacology; 1PGMER – Member,
- Dy.Secy (PHP) GoWB – Member.
- SPO, N.V.B.D.C.P. – Member-Convenor.
- Representative from IMA State Branch – Member.
The Task Force so constituted will function as the Apex policy making committee at the state level. It will provide overall guidance to the efforts being taken towards elimination of Kala-azar from the State of West Bengal by 2015. It will monitor:
- Passive case detection, active case detection and vector surveillance, case- based diagnosis and monthly feed-back.
- Access to early diagnosis and complete treatment.
- Treatment completion and analysis of treatment failure.
- Indoor residual spray work if done in any/all the affected areas in collaboration with vector-borne disease control programme.
- Integrated vector management including Insecticide Treated Bed Nets and environmental management, the expansion and coverage of ITNs.
- Community mobilization for vector control and for seeking early treatment.
- Cross border meetings with neighbouring states like Bihar, Odisha, Jharkhand and Assam to review progress and exchange information.
- Increasing the research capacity and networking among research institutions through a research coordination mechanism.
- Establishment of a system of procurement, logistics and supplies (drugs and equipment) with support from Central Government and W.H.O.
- Partnerships in the health sector (HIV/AIDS, TB, leprosy, malaria and other vector-borne diseases, nutrition, anaemia, etc.) and outside the health sector (environment, poverty alleviation).
The Task Force shall meet on monthly basis.
This order will take immediate effect.
All concerned are being informed accordingly.
Sd/- Principal Secretary
Government of West Bengal
No. HPH-43 dated 27.01.2015, Source