Update: Lockdown Notification in West Bengal wef 16.05.2021
Government of West Bengal
325, Sarat Chatterjee Road, Howrah-711 102
No. 618-ISS/2M-22/2020 30th April 2021
In terms of the D.O. No. Z.28015/85/2021-DM Cell dated 25-04-2021, issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, as to be read with the order No. 40-3/2020-DM-I(A) dated 29-04-2021 of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, and in terms of the decisions taken in the State Executive Committee of the West Bengal State Disaster Management Authority on 30-04-2021, in exercise of powers conferred under Section 22 of the DM Act, and in continuation of the Government of West Bengal’s earlier no. 715-Home(Cons)/RIM(Cons)-92/2021 dated 17-04-2021, it is hereby further directed that, until further orders, for the time being, the following further restrictions/prohibitions will be in force in the State of West Bengal:
- All shopping complexes, malls, beauty parlours, cinema halls, restaurants and bars, sports complexes, gyms, spas and swimming pools shall remain closed (even while home deliveries and online services shall remain permitted).
- All social/cultural/academic/entertainmcnt related gatherings and congregations shall remain prohibited.
- Bazaars/hats will remain open only during 7-10 am in the morning and 3-5 pm in the afternoon (even while essential services like medical shops, medical equipment shops, grocery, etc. will remain outside the confines of the embargo).
- All activities related to electoral counting processes and victory rallies/processions will be guided by the guidelines already issued by the ECI (vide no.464/INST/2021/EPS dated 27-04-2021), while unnecessary congregations in the neighbourhoods of counting halls will also be discouraged and restricted and will have to abide by the physical distancing norms and other COVID-appropriate behaviour. It has to be ensured that crowding/ loitering near the counting venue is averted.
- Any violation of these orders will be liable to be proceeded against as per provisions of the DM Act, 2005 and, besides, legal actions under IPC and other laws of the land will be applicable.
The order will take immediate effect.
Sd/- Chief Secretary
No. 618-ISS dated 30.04.2021, Source