Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education
Bikash Bhavan, 6th Floor, Bidhannagar, Kolkata – 700 0091.
Memo. No. 08-Edn(U)1U-01/2022 Dated: 04th January, 2022
Whereas, in consequence of the presence of an infectious disease in the family or household of a regular and whole-time Non-teaching employee of all State aided Universities in the State of West Bengal at his/her place of duty, residence or sojourns, his/her attendance at his her office is considered as hazardous to the health of other co-employees, such Teacher, Non-teaching Staff and any other employee of the State aided Universities may be granted quarantine leave.
(2) Quarantine Leave is a leave of absence from duty necessitated by order not to attend office in consequence of the presence of infectious disease in the family or household of such employees as stated above. Such leave may be granted on the basis of a certificate of a Public or Municipal Health Officer of Registered Medical Practitioner for a period not exceeding 21 days, or in exceptional circumstances for a period not exceeding 30 days. Quarantine leave, which is not debited to leave account, may be combined with any other kind of leave except casual leave.
(3) Such employee, as stated at above, on quarantine leave will be treated as absent from duty with full pay and allowances, when he/ she is ordered by the Head of the State-aided University.
(4) With the passage of time, outbreak of some other diseases in the country had been considered to be infectious of which COVID-19 has been declared Pandemic by WHO.
(5) Now, after careful consideration and taking the valued opinion of Health & Family Welfare Department of this Government, the undersigned is directed to include the following five diseases in the list of infectious disease under Leave rule 22 (b) under annexure of G.O. No. 44-Edn (U) Dated 28.01.2008, read with 762-Edn(CS)/2L-10/08 dated 03.12.2009 and the Leave Rules as incorporated in the Statutes of all the State-aided Universities, in addition to the existing diseases as specified therein:
d. Avian Influenza (H5N1)/ Novel Influenza
e. Crimean Congo Haemorrhagic Fever (CCHF)
(6) Concerned Sate-aided Universities will make amendments in their Statutes where necessary for incorporation of the provisions of this Notification.
This is issued in terms of the powers under Section 18 of the West Bengal Universities and Colleges (Administration and Regulation) Act, 2017 and with the concurrence of the Finance Department, vide U.O. No. Group P2/2021-2022/0469 dated 04.01.2022.
Sd/- Deputy Secretary