Transfer Policy of Head Assistant /Head Clerk /UDC/ LDC/ Typist
Public Works. Head Assistant, Head Clerk, LDC, Transfer, Typist, UDC.
Government of West Bengal
Public Works Department
No. 3484(108)-E/PW/O/E-II/2M-37-2012, Dated: 05.12.2012.
From: The Deputy Secretary-I to the Government of West Bengal, Public Works Department.
To: 1. The Chief Engineer, P.W.Dte.
2. The Chief Engineer (El.)-I, P.W.Dte.
3. The Chief Engineer (El.)-II, P.W.Dte.
4. The Chief Government Architect & Ex-Officio Chief Engineer, P.W.Dte.
5. The Additional Chief Engineer (H.Q), P.W.Dte.
6. The Additional Chief Engineer (Jalpaiguri), P.W.Dte.
7. The Additional Chief Engineer (El.) -I, P.W.Dte.
8. The S.E. Circle, P.W.Dte.
9. The Superintendent Governor’s Estates, RajBhavan.
10. The Executive Engineer, ………………. Division, P.W.Dte.
Sub: Transfer Policy in respect of Head Assistant/ Head Clerk/ Upper Division Clerk/ Lower Division Clerk/ Typist/ Clerk-cum-typist under Public Works Directorate.
The undersigned is directed to state that a transfer policy in respect of Head Assistant/ Head Clerk/Upper Division Clerk/Lower Division Clerk/ Typist/ Clerk-cum-typist who are working in different offices under Public Works Directorate has been prepared. The-transfer policy is furnished below for information and necessary action.
Transfer Policy in respect of Head Assistant/ Head Clerk/Upper Division Clerk/Lower Division Clerk/ Typist/ Clerk-cum-typist.
- Any employee of the above description is liable to be posted anywhere in the State and transferred anywhere in the State in the interest of public Service.
- The principle of transfer shall be followed as per general guidelines mentioned in the para ‘B’.
- Transfer shall also be made i) On administrative ground anywhere in the State. ii) On compassionate ground including genuine health reasons.
- Education issue should not be the ground for withholding or cancellation of transfer. However, every effort should be made to issue orders of transfer and posting before commencement of academic session.
- No transfer will be made in case of such employees haying 2 years of service left before retirement except for administrative necessity/ greater public interest.
- Mutual transfer may be considered on the expiry of a certain period (not less than 1 year) of individual posting subject to satisfactory performance during this period and provided that the place of posting sought for is not the same place of his last posting.
- Transfer on own seeking may be considered only on expiry of a Certain period (now less than 3 years) of individual posting subject to satisfactory performance during this period and availability of suitable vacancy.
- This Department reserves the right to change … from time to time.
B. Proposed Norms:
- Each employee shall be liable to transferred as a routine after 3 to 5 year’s service in a particular place of posting.
- In case where both husband and wife are in Govt. employment, and stationed at the same place, effort will be made so that both can live in the same or nearby place on transfer.
- Elected presidents, general secretaries and treasurers of registered Staff Associations/ Unions (not exceeding five members) should not be transferred during their tenure at office for a single term only.
- If an employee will retire on superannuation within 3 (three) years in that case his choice of posting near his native home, including his home district, may be considered subject to the availability of suitable vacancy.
- Employees transferred to a place remote from his home district/ adjoining district before 3 years of his/ her retirement due to non-availability of suitable post nearer, may be transferred back to home district, as far as practicable, as and when opportunity arises and arises and he/she seeks for such transfer. Their cases will only be considered who joined in the transfer … within fifteen days time and stay for at least six months at that post where he or she was transferred.
- The issue of deputation of employees to other Govt. Departments, organisations etc. shall be reviewed every three years in accordance with the orders of Govt. in force.
- Employees hailing from hill areas of this state may generally be posted in hill areas subject to the availability of suitable vacancy.
N.B:- These all above are standard operating procedures which may not be binding upon the Government.
Sd/- Deputy Secretary – I to the
Government of West Bengal, Public Works Department
No. 3484-E dated 05.12.2012