GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
Department of Power
No. 174-Power/III Dated: 15th April, 2004
In exercise of the power conferred by clause (h) of sub-section (2) of section 180, read with sub-section (1) of section 104 of the Electricity Act, 2003 (36 of 2003) and in supersession of this Department Notification No. 189-Power/III dated Calcutta, the 12th September, 2001, published on September, 19, 2001 in the Kolkata Gazette, Extraordinary, the Governor is pleased hereby, to make the following rules:
1. Short title and commencement:
(1) These rules may be called the West Bengal Electricity Regulatory Commission (Annual Statement of Accounts) Rules, 2004.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
(1) In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires –
(a) “the Act” means the Electricity Act 2004 (36 of 2003);
(b) “Annexure” means an Annexure appended to these rules;
(c) “annual statement of accounts” means the annual statement of accounts as prepared under rule5;
(d) “Commission” means the West Bengal Electricity Regulatory Commission constituted under sub-section (1) of section 82 of the Act;
(e) “Financial year” means a period of twleve calendar months ending on the 31st day of March of every year;
(f) “Schedule” means a schedule under an Annexure;
(g) “statement” means a statement forming part of the annual statement of accoUnts;
(2) Words and expeessions used, and not defined in these rules, but defined in the Act, shall have the same meanings as respectively assigned to them in the Act.
3. Accounting Period:
The accounting period for which the annual accounts have to be prepared by the Commission shall be a period of twelve calendar months ending on the 31st day of March of every year.
4. Preparation and submission of annual statement of accounts:
The annual statement of accounts of the Commission shall be prepared within three months from the end of every financial year and shall be forwarded to the State Government immediately after certification by the Controller and Auditor General or his authorized representative under sub-section (4) of section 104 of the Act for laying before the State Legislature.
5. Forms and contents of the annual statement of accounts:
(1) The annual statement of accounts of the Commission shall consist of the following statement of accounts:
(a) Receipts and Payments Accounts in such form as specified in Annexure I;
(b) Income and Expenditure Accounts in such form as specified in Annexure II; and
(c) Balance Sheet in such form as specified in Annexure III.
(2) The Receipts and Payments Accounts, Income and Expenditure Accounts, and Balance Sheet forming part of the Annual Statement of Accounts of the Commission shall contain Schedule X, Y, Schedule X1Y1 and Schedule 1 to 5 and A to J respectively.
6. Accounting registers and records:
The Commission shall maintain the registers and records as specified in Annexure IV for all financial transactions in the office of the Commission.
The formats of the registers and records shall be according to the prescribed formats of the State Government where specific formats have not been specified in these rules.
7. Adoption of the annual statement of accounts by the Commission:
(1) The annual statement of accounts of the Commission shall be considered and initially adopted by the Commission before their submission for audit to the Comptroller and Auditor General of India or to any other person appointed by him on his behalf.
(2) The annual statement of accounts as aforesaid shall, after completion of the audit and after incorporating therein any changes necessitated to be considered, be adopted by the Commission.
By order of the Governor,
Sd/- P. Roy
Principal Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal