West Bengal Electricity (Fees for Application for Grant of License) Rules, 2005
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
Department of Power and Non-conventional Energy Sources
New Secretariat Buildings, 7th Floor, Block ‘A’
1, Kiron Shankar Roy Road, Kolkata – 700 001.
No. 462-PO/O/III/3R-07/2003. Dated, Kolkata, the 24th November, 2005
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) and clause (a) and clause (o) of sub-section (2) of section 180, read with sub-section (1) of section 15 of the Electricity Act, 2003 (36 of 2003) and in supersession of this Department Notification No. 276-Power /III dated the 27th July, 2004, published in the Kolkata Gazette, Extraordinary on the 5th August, 2004, the Governor is pleased hereby to make the following rules:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement
(1) These rules may be called the West Bengal Electricity (Fees for Application for Grant of License) Rules, 2005.
(2) They shall extend to the whole of West Bengal.
(3) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the official Gazette.
(1) In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires.-
(a) “Act” means the Electricity Act, 2003;
(b) “section” means a section of the Act;
(c) “Commission” means the West Bengal Electricity Regulatory Commission constituted under sub-section (1) of section 82 of the Act;
(d) “financial year” means a period of twelve calendar months ending on the 3 1st day of March every year.
(2) Words and expressions used and not defined in these rules, but defined in the Act. shall have the same meanings as respectively assigned to them in the Act.
3. Fees for making application for grant of license
(1) Every application made to the Commission for grant of licence under section 14 of the Act, shall be accompanied by a fee of rupee two lac which shall be remitted through demand draft in favour of the Commission.
(2) Every licensee shall, within the month of April of every financial year, pay to the Commission an annual fee at the rate of five paise per 100 k Wh of energy that has been transmitted or distributed or traded, as the case may be, by such licensee in the preceding financial year subject to a minimum annual fee of rupees five lac;
Provided that a licensee who has not paid the annual fee for the financial year 2005-06 shall pay such fee within one month of coming into force of these rules.
By order of the Governor,
Sd/- Sunil Mitra
Principal Secretary to the
Govt. of West Bengal
No. 462-PO dated 24.11.2005, Source
Power, Electricity Rules