Upgradation of Qualification of Primary Teachers

Government of West Bengal
School Education Department, Law Branch
Bikash Bhawan, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700091

No. 996-SE (Law)/PL/5S-74/12  Date: 15.06.2012

ORDER

In continuation to this Department’ s Notification No. 277-SE (P) /10M- 6/09 (Pt-1) dated 28.03.2012 on the minimum academic and professional qualification of the primary school teachers in view of the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009, the undersigned is directed by the order of the Governor to clarify as follows:-

1. Primary school teachers appointed after 03.09.2001 having B. Ed or equivalent qualification should obtain 6 months Special Training to be conducted with the approval of the National Council for Teacher Education.

2. Primary school teachers appointed after 03.09.2001 with graduation in any stream in any stream from any UGC Recognised university are not required to upgrade their percentage of marks upto 50% obtained by them in HS Examination.

3. Primary school teachers appointed after 03.09.2001 but upto 31.12.2005 having Madhyamik or equivalent qualification with 1 year PTT certificate conducted by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education may not be required to obtain HS Pass Certificate with 50% marks as per Note – 2 of the First Schedule to the NCTE (Determination of Minimum Qualifications for Recruitment of Teachers in Schools) Regulations, 2001 published in terms of F. No. 9-2/2001/NCTE dated 03.09.2001. However, the matter has been referred to the NCTE for confirmation. Till such confirmation is received, it will be better for such teachers to register themselves for up gradation of academic qualification as a matter of abundant caution.

4. Primary school teachers appointed after 03.09.2001 and having PTT or equivalent qualification obtained before 1st July, 1995 are not required to upgrade their training qualification.

5. Primary school teachers appointed after 03.09.2001 under SC/ST/PH/EC category will get relaxation of 5% marks in HS Examination. In such cases, primary school teachers with 45% in H.S. Examination need not upgrade their academic qualification and can register themselves for up gradation of professional training qualification under D.El.Ed.

6. Those Primary school teachers who are appointed after 03.09.2001 but will retire by 31.03.2015 are not required to upgrade their academic qualification and professional qualification mandatorily. But such primary school teachers will not be allowed ‘A’ category Scale of Pay till they obtain professional qualification.

7. Primary school teachers appointed after 03.09.2001 having 2 years PTT training duly recognised by National Council for Teacher Education obtained from other States of India are not required to upgrade training qualification.

8. The question whether the primary school teachers who possess neither academic qualification upto IT. S nor training qualification can be allowed to enroll themselves for upgradation of percentage of marks upto 50% in H.S or equivalent Examination and for acquiring D. El. Ed, simultaneously through ODL mode has been referred to both NCTE as well as MHRD, Government of India as there is now inadequate time for both acquiring these academic and professional qualification by one within the statutory time limit of 31.03.2015. The decision of Government of India will be intimated as soon as the same is received. But for the present all such teachers are requested to register themselves for obtaining both these qualifications simultaneously.

9. Old HS Course (Class XI standard) are to be treated as equivalent to HS (+2) course.

10. Upgradation of qualification in respect of the para-teachers is not mandatorily required. However, for sake of future application for appointment as primary school teachers they may register themselves for upgradation of academic qualification and professional qualification as the case may be.

11. Primary school teachers appointed before 03.09.2001 haying Madhyamik or equivalent qualification with 1 year PTT certificate conducted by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education on empanelment are eligible to be promoted as Head Teacher subject to seniority and other statutory conditions. Regarding such teachers who have similar qualification but appointed between 04.09.2001 to 31.12.2005 decision of NCTE is awaited.

12. The fess for upgradation of academic qualification or professional qualification for the in service teachers are not expected to exceed Rs. 6000/- (Rupees Six Thousand only) per annum per course excluding examination fees. However, the actual cost shall be determined by the concerned authority from where the incumbent will undergo training to upgrade his/her academic qualification or professional qualification or both.

Sd/- Samar Ghosh
Jt. Secy. to the Govt. of West Bengal

No. 996-SE dated 15.06.2012

Become a Member of AskWB.com

A group of nice people discussing about various Acts, Rules, Circulars, Notifications, Govt. Orders etc. at AskWB.com. You may join with us and become a proud member of WBXPress Community. Yes! that's the name we love to call ourself.

Comments

1. gurindersinghdua says

i want to know that i am b.com., b.ed and working in a school from last 12 years as primary teacher , am i not promoted as tgt .this is a miniory school I also want to know that miniority schools are exemped from govt rules regarding paycommission

2. debashis mukherjee says

i joined as primary teacher on 2006 in south parganas with b.sc and b.ed .i passed b.ed in the year 1986 . probably 6 months special course will be completed by me. when it will start? please give me answere.

3. Satyabrata Dutta says

As per notification no.No. 277-SE (P) /10M- 6/09 (Pt-1) dated 28.03.2012 of Government of West Bengal,School Education Department, Law Branch
    Bikash Bhawan, Salt Lake City,one in-service pry.teacher must upgrade his/her marks in HS.
    In view of this education department has taken only the reference point of their date of appointment not their academic session. Why I am putting this point through you because people those who appeared Madhyamik/ HS during 1980 to 1989,it was very difficult to get more marks but later 1990 onward scoring maximum marks became easy due to Q.P pattern changes. At present old generation teacher’s marks is compared with new generation teacher’s marks. in my view it is unfair.It should be academic year reference. It doesn’t mean that a teacher will not have HS qualification. Govt. would have think twice regarding this real problem. sothat less number of teacher schools would run smoothly during this current year………Thank you.

4. neel says

Looking for 6 months online-special basic teacher course/ elementary course that B.Ed teachers teaching in primary section need to undergo?
    as stated ny ncte / rte

5. Donnie J. Dick says

I am seeking to accumulate my credit average from attending bridges Michigan supported education programm.
    I received a certificate in teaching at bridges in 2001. If you may e-mail me at your advantage. I would be most
    thankful.

6. s pramanik says

According to NCTE regulation OBC should get 5% relaxation in HS Qualified marks (i.e. 45% in lieu of 50%). Why it is not counted in D. El. Ed. course.Is qualification up-gradation possible from WBCHSE?Un up-graded qualified teacher how could be appointed through SSC/primary- 2012 exam? Please answer me.

7. EJAZ says

DEAR SIR,
    DUE REGARD I LIKED TO GET THE EXACT CRYSTAL CLEARED AND TRANSPARENT INFORMATION ,
    -that i appointed in 2002 as asst. teacher
    -that i got a PTT training course (for 1 yr. duration )letter from the dpsc chairman for the admission as deputed candidate for the session 2003-04
    -that it was Bengali medium institute but my language is urdu and carried good % of marks but not in Bengali language and i could ‘t complete that year, and for the next session 2004-05 i did ‘t appeared for resetting.
    -that i appeared in the session 2005-06 resetting as continuing candidate for the exam but the exam held on in the year 2011,'(Feb month) and i have passed this exam

so now what are the instruction me for me whether i have to do nothing or one year extra ptt training is needed
    note:( i have 50% and above marks in my 10+2)

***please advice me
    THANKS!

WITH REGARDS

EJAZ ALAM

Chakulia
    Uttar Dinajpur

8. anik sarkar says

ami diploma polytechnic a 66% niya pass koreche,kintu ami hs pass korini,ami ki eta hs er jaigay dakhate parbo.naki amke hs korte hobe’

9. Username* says

Amar H.S. e 46% ache r amar graduation complete hoe geche. Ami ki 2012 er primary teacher er exam dite parbo?

plz kindly answer as soon as.

10. Shilpi Saha says

I completed Madhyamik examination under seda secondary education board of assam with 59% marks & H.S. under assam higher secondary council with 61% marks. And B.S.C. under N.B.U. with 58% marks. Am I able to be a candidate of 2012-2013 Primary TET? Please reply as soon as it possible. Please…

11. dolanrava says

Upgrade r D.Ed -dt.of joint na dhare yadi MP Passer yr. dhare karta mane hay thik chhila. Ei age niye sansar , upgrade,d.ed .. MP-1992.Appointed-2002.

12. tanmay says

Ami ignou theke bpp korechi.r ebar amar graduation er last year
    ami ki 2012 er primary teacher er exam dite parbo?
    plz kindly answer as soon as.

13. Bimal says

Sir, I have been appointed as an assistant teacher in a primary school in the year 1997. But I haven’t get an opportunity to do PTTI training so-far. Recent Govt.notification states that teachers who have appointed prior to 2003, need not to upgrade their qualification. Will I get “A” category pay and also would like to know could I be a Head Teacher if I would not go for d.el.ed 2 years course. Please, please answer.

14. Rish Talapatra says

I Sharmistha Bagchi a primary school teacher(AT), I have 60.2% marks in H.S. and passed BSC(Zoology Honours). I also passed B.Ed(cal. university). Ami upgradation er khetre 2 years form(RED colour) na ki 1 years form(Yellow colour) konta Fill up korbo….???
    B.Ed er ki alada form pabo ki…???
    Please reply…

15. piya dasgupta says

I am recruited as a primary school teacher in march 2011.I have 68% marks in H.S and 59% in graduation and I dont posses any training like B.Ed/D.Eled degree.I have already submitted my biodata in the prescribed format to the Council in june2012.I am now worried about when the training will commence as last date specified by Govt is approaching.is there any latest development in this matter took place recently?please reply..

16. Projesh says

Ami Projesh Ghosh.M.P Pass 2009a 60%mark &H.S Pass korechhi 2011 vaocational education W.B Bord theke 67% mark niye.extra qualification Diploma in computer application 1year.
    Ami ki exam a boste pari???

17. Dipankar Mandal says

Sir..
    Ami Dipankar Mandal. H.S Pass korechhi W.B Board of vocational education 59.9% marks niye. And B.A pass korechhi pass course niye 2012 te.Amar extra qualification Diploma In Computer application 1years.ami ki exam a boste parbo?and ki subidha pabo.

18. Provakar Mandal says

Sir..
    Ami Provakar Mandal.ami MP Pass kore6i 2009 60% niye& H.S Pass kor6i vocational education a 67% marks 2011 a. Amar extra qualification Computer application 1year Diploma.ami ki exam a boste parbo??

19. Provakar Mandal says

Sir..
    Ami Provakar Mandal.ami MP Pass kore6i 2009 60% niye& H.S Pass kor6i vocational education a 67% marks 2009 a. Amar extra qualification Computer application 1year Diploma.ami ki exam a boste parbo??

20. Chanchal says

My marks in HS is less than 50% but I passed B.A(Hons) with more than 50% marks can i able to seat for West Bengal Primary TET examination 2012-2013 ….

• subhamay das says

yes parben boste… agulo question to paper ghatlei paua jay boss. egulo nomial question j keno koren!!!!!

21. Bimal says

Sir, I have been appointed as an assistant teacher in a primary school in the year 1997. But I haven’t get an opportunity to do PTTI training so-far. Recent Govt.notification states that teachers who have appointed prior to 2003, need not to enhance their qualification. I want to know shall I have to do 2 years PTTI training/D.El.Ed so that I may get “A” grade. I am B.A Pass. Please reply.

22. Basudeb says

ami recent D.El.Ed(2012-2014) session e vorti hoyechi, amar graduation(BCA-2011)complete hoye giyeche, & ami Vocational niye H.S(with 91.20%) niye pass korechi,

Question> Ami Primary Teacher Er khetre kemon shubidha pabo?

ami ki Form Fiil-Up korte parbo?

Ganesh Das
      ami Vocational niye H.S(with 91.20%) niye pass korechi,

Question> Ami Primary Teacher Er khetre kemon shubidha pabo?

ami ki Form Fiil-Up korte parbo?

Ganesh Das
      ami Vocational niye H.S(with 91.0%) niye pass korechi,

Question> Ami Primary Teacher Er khetre kemon shubidha pabo?

ami ki Form Fiil-Up korte parbo?

23. subhamay das says

I have 59% in H.S and this is my last semester of my B.Sc.(math). I don’t have diploma in education. If I be selected as a primary teacher in 2012 or 2013,what will be my grade pay??? plz tell me honestly….

24. Shanu Mondal says

2010 e h.s pass kre6i 50% er basi marks a6e.exta activity a6e sports,ncc bt kono traning kri ni,West Bengal primary recruitment exam e bosa jabe?eligible ki?

25. Bimal says

My quarry is that what if a teacher appointed before 2001 and have not been undergone with the PTTI training either 1 year or 2 yet. Would he has to upgrade his academic qualification and has to do 2 years PTTI training? Answer expected…

26. subhamay das says

KPS, SSC clerk… etc… der joggota chaua hoy only H.S pass , oder grade pay deua hoy 2900 taka. Pharmacist, Lab Technician… etc… der joggota chaua hoy H.S pass with 2 year Diploma, oder grade pay deua hoy 3600 taka. Tahole ebar primary teacher der joggota chaua hobe H.S pass with 50% marks and job pauar 2 year er moddhe Diploma in education of 2 year course. Ei joggotar primary teacher der jonno grade pay ta koto korbe sorkar?????

27. antara adhikary says

hello sir,amar madhymik pass 61% 2007,h.s pass 76% 2009..ami compliet korechee graduation 2012 in geography honours 51% marks…plz tell me sir ..ami ki primary teacher exam 2012-13 dite parbo?form kbe berobe?amar kono teachers traning nei..tahole ki 20 marks pabo na?last ques sir,purba midnapour theke ami form ta tulte parbo to?………………..thanks sir…

28. Biswanath Chowdhury says

Is there any provision for ex-serviceman primary teacher to be eligible to get seniority in service (as a assitant teacher)?

29. uttam prasad barai says

I have joined as b catagory teacher on 05/02/2003 uder Itahar North Circle,uttar Dinajpur.I am only matriculate.I want to upgrade my qualification.From where i can upgrade my qualification and will be the percentage of marks of H.S.
    Please send me details.

• Your Advisor says

You are a TEACHER. Can’t you write in English? You have written in Bengali (?) with so many spelling mistakes! Shame! Shame!! Shame!!!

30. Ananya says

I am working as a primary teacher since 13 Nov 2003.
    I have got 68% marks in HS Exam (WBCHSE) and I’m M.A in Political Science (from Vidyasagar University).
    I have completed 1 year PPT in 1997 from Belakoba, Jalpaiguri…

My question is: should I have to undergo my D. EL. Ed?
    I am asking this, as some are saying that teachers with Graduation and 1 yr PPT should not have to undergo any more qualification up gradation…. but unfortunately I could not locate any such information in the web page….

I’m really very confused about the numerous rumors regarding the up gradation… somebody plz help…

31. seikh milton says

i appointed as a primary teacher in 2010 . i passed graduation but not 50% in hs. need to upgrade my hs marks????

32. bicky says

jara devlopment corse shesh korlo tar kobe 1 year brige corse e vorti hobe.add kobe dibe 2012 13 brige corser

33. ASHIS KUMAR GHOSH says

dear sir/mam….ami join korechhi 24/10/2005 tarikhhe,amar H.S a 50% nai,notification no 277-SE(P)/12-6/09(Pt-1) anujai ami kebal dled. course er janny abedan kari.gata 15.6 12.er orde er par amar confusin hachhe, amake ki HS a 50% upgrade karar janny abadan karte habe? amar graduation nai.

34. A.K.Maiti says

Is the deputed are eligible to complete their rest 1yr training from the ncte approved govt PTTI?if not,what will be the process to upgrait their qualification with in the stipulated time.

35. Kakali Das says

What is meant by “6 months Special Training” for B.Ed passed teachers? From where they will do the course ? What is the name of the training or the course ?

36. probir kandar says

But what will be the procedure of this up-gradation programme? When will it start? Or Was it already started?

• Ajay says

after completion of up gradation of both the qualifications (professional & academic) (i.e. 31.03.2015) we area getting “A” grade pay.

I guess so…………………..

if any one have any more ideas please share.

37. Vivekananda Maity says

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Vivekananda Maity, a graduate engineer in CSE with 71% marks, passed in the year of 2005.

I had completed 10th with 75% marks in the year of 1999 & (10+2) with 63% in the year of 2001.

Now I am working in a private sector(Telecom).

My catagory is SC.

Am I eligible for primary teacher or not?

Regards,
    Vivekananda

38. Mahendra Tribedi says

Amar M.P. er Por Netaji Open University Theke B.P.P. Kore Graguation Korache.1 Year P.T.T Kora Ache.Join 26/07/2005 Ki Korte Hobe. H.S. Ki Korte Hobe? Hole Kon Board?

39. bijay pattanaik says

I am appointed on 04/01/1999 and trained in the year 2003-2004(one year ptt course). My quastion is :- what should I do about training?

• Bidyut saha says

Nothing.U have not to do anything about this training.Is is applicable for those teachers,appointed after march 2001…….

40. Bidhan Chandra Giri says

ami 30.08.2010 appointment pachi.one year B.ed karachi.ami ki 6month special training karlai hoba?

• Your Advisor says

41. Rajesh pradhan says

I have B.ed in the year of 1996 from Darjeeling. I got primary school job in the year of 2003. Should eligible for A grade teacher. If not then what should I do?

42. sayan palit says

‘A’ category scale pay means Basic – 8840/- where G.Pay is 2600 in PB-2. There is also an G.Pay 2900/- in PB-2 (Basic – 9600/- ; highest basic in PB-2) but that is not applicable for Primary Teachers probably.

43. dhruba paul says

SC/ST/PH/EC catagory relaxation deoahoechhe 5% marks H.S e. kintu OBC catagory ki 5% marks relaxation pabe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dinanath says

D.El.Ed training a OBC 5% char pai. ekhake bojha jachche na. There is a relaxation 5% marks for the OBC candidates of D.EI.Ed training. there is not clear about….

44. BRIJ says

All primary teachers should aware from this govt. order , that after up-gradation of academic qualification and 2 years d.l.ed course they will get ‘A’ Category scale of pay. kindly collect information and share with us about this ‘A’ Category scale of pay which will be applicable to all primary teachers in Bengal. i am waiting curiously.

45. Narayan Chandra Paul says

jara 2000 saler age h.s pass karechhe, kintu 50%mark nei o 2010 sale join karechhe tader ki upgrade karte habe?

46. kartik adak says

I was appointed as a ast. teacher in Nov’2004. take responcbility as a H.T in Dec ‘2011.I passed MP with 77%, HS68% Physics Hons with 52% MA in ENVS 54% . Done my professional one year PTT from Kelomal Govt.PTTI in 2000
    My question according to this order
    1) am I elegiable for the head teacher post?
    2) wheather I have to up grade my professional qualification?
    3) if I will regine from teachership after compleate 10 year then how much penssion I will get ?
    4) If I enter another govt job after regine from it( as per question 3) is there any objection arise ?

• Ajay says

answer of Question – 4) I heard that we the primary teachers who have passed one year PTT from any recognized institute are “bound” to serve the govt. (as a primary teacher) for at least seven years.

Whether it is true or false I have no clear idea.

• Bidyut saha says

i think A category pay scale mean pay scale of H.S level.now we get our salary in base of secondary pay scale.but don’t know when it will serve to us… Any one has any news please share here.