For any query, ask here: Guidelines to Opt Pension-Cum-Gratuity Scheme in School
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
Office of the District Inspector of Schools
New Administrative Building, 5th floor, Alipore, Kolkata 700027
Memo No: 734/Gen Date: 11.07.2014
As per notification published in the Kolkata Gazette vide no. 749-SE dt. 13.06.2014 by the Secretary to the Govt. of West Bengal, School Education Department, the H.M/T.I.C./Secretary/D.D.O. of all recognized non-government aided educational institutions under the Jurisdiction of this Inspectorate are hereby instructed to follow the guidelines regarding submission of option to switch over to Pension-Cum-Gratuity scheme strictly in accordance to this order-
- The teaching and non-teaching staff of all recognized non-government aided educational institutions whether in-service or retired shall exercise their options in the prescribed form (annexed with the original notification) to switch over to Pension-cum-Gratuity Scheme and submit the same to the concerned Head of the Institution within 90 days from the first date of publication of the Public Notice in the News paper.
- The said Head of the Institution/Administrator/D.D.O/Secretary, as the case may be, on receipt of option shall accept and countersign the same with full signature, Designation and date with seal of the office. In case of the schools already abolished/derecognized/amalgamated the Head of the institution will follow the guidelines laid down in the said Govt. Notification [clause-3 (ii) & (iii)].
- In case of schools already abolished or derecognized, the concerned District Inspector of Schools/ Additional District Inspector of Schools/Assistant Inspector of Schools in charge of the Sub-division shall discharge the function of the said Head of the Institution.
- Thereafter, the said Head of the Institution/ Administrator /D.D.O/Secretary, as the case may be shall prepare and submit Statement in duplicate showing the amount of Employer’s Share of C.P.F with simple interest @ 8.7% and additional interest @3.3% (to be calculated from the date of receipt of CPF by such employee) up to the date of exercise of the said option, within 15 days from the date of receipt of the option from the employee to the office of the concerned office of the A.D.I/S (SE) or A.I/S (SE) (in charge of the Sub-division). The received copy of the said option is also to be submitted.
- As per Instruction of the D.I/S (SE), A.D.I/S (SE) or A.I/S (SE) of concerned Sub-division the employee will deposit requisite amount to the Govt. Treasury within 7 days from the date of receipt verified statement from the office concerned.
- The employees who have already retired from service on superannuation or whose tenure of service remains less than 15 months shall submit pension papers with original Challan for refund of employer’s share of CPF to the office of the undersigned within 8 days.
- Those who have already deposited their Employer’s share of CPF without verification of the competent authority of the School Education Department, are also required to prepare and submit Statement in duplicate through the said Head of the Institution/ D.D.O/ Secretary as the case may be, showing the amount of Employer’s Share of CPF with interest and additional interest to the D.I.S(SE)/A.D.I.S(SE)/A.I.S(SE) (in charge of the sub-division) as the case may be for verification and will be required to further refund additional amount of Employer’s share of CPF or interest with additional interest or both outstanding Employer’s share of CPF and interest with additional interest, as the case may be, if required.
- Employer’s share of CPF shall be discontinued from the month following the month of option exercised to the effect of this notification in those cases where employees are still in service on the date of exercise of option.
N.B: The Head of the Institution may ask the concerned retired employee to submit the documents as –
- Date of retirement,
- The closing balance of CPF along with the interest deposited at the bank.
- The date and amount of credit of arrear, of ROPA 1990, P.F. + accumulated interest thereon up to date of retirement
- The date and amount of credit of arrear, of ROPA 1998, P.F. + accumulated interest thereon up to date of retirement
- Details of non-refundable loan along with accumulated interest thereon up to date of retirement,
- Date of issue of cheque of final payment etc for proper verification and calculation.
Sd/- District Inspector of Schools (SE)
No. 734/Gen dated 11.07.2014, Source