Update: Lockdown in West Bengal Extended upto 15.07.2021
Government of West Bengal
325, Sarat Chatterjee Road , Howrah – 711102
No. 753-ISS/2M-22/2020 Dated: 14/06/2021
Whereas, in order to contain spread of COVID-19 pandemic, state government vide No. 647-ISS/2M-22/2020 dated 15/05/2021 read with No. 707-ISS/2M-22/2020 dated 29/05/2021 notified certain restriction measures in terms of the provisions under Disaster Management Act 2005 read with West Bengal Epidemic Disease, Covid-19 Regulations 2020 which are in effect upto 6PM of 15/06/2021.
Whereas, State Executive Committee of West Bengal State Disaster Management Authority on a review of the current situation of the pandemic and observing the likely positive impact of the containment measures in declining number of new cases, recommended further extension of restrictions with gradual and calibrated approach to relaxations.
Accordingly, in supersession of all earlier orders issued in terms of the provisions under Disaster Management Act 2005 read with West Bengal Epidemic Disease, Covid-19 Regulations 2020, restriction measures stand extended upto 6PM of Wednesday 30th June 2021 with the following directives:
- All schools/colleges / universities/ polytechnics/ Anganwadi centres and other educational/ academic institutions shall continue to remain closed.
- All intra- state local trains, metro railway and intra- state bus services and inland water transport shall remain closed except for staff special trains for movement of emergency and essential services personnel.
- Movement of private vehicles, taxis and auto-rickshaws will be prohibited except to and from hospitals, nursing homes, diagnostic centers, clinics, airports, terminal points, media houses etc.
- All social / cultural/ academic/ entertainment related gatherings, groupings and congregations shall continue to be prohibited.
- All beauty parlours, cinema halls, gyms, spa and swimming pools shall remain closed.
- Not more than 50 persons shall be allowed at a time in marriage and other social gatherings.
- Funeral rituals shall be allowed with not more than 20 persons at a time.
- Government offices relating to emergency and essential services like health care, veterinary services, law and order, courts, social welfare homes, correctional services, power, drinking water supply, telecom, internet, print and electronic media, fire services, disaster management & civil defense, sanitation, sewerage and funeral services shall remain open as usual.
- All Government offices other than as mentioned in para (8) will remain open as per normal working hours with 25 % of strength. Head of the Departments shall prepare a duty roster and facilitate transport arrangements for officials as required.
- Private and corporate offices may remain open for restricted hours during 10 AM- 4 PM with not more than 25 % of the total strength. Employers shall make transport arrangements from their end and obtain e-passes from Kolkata Police/ District Administration.
- All production units and industries including IT&ITES sector may function with 50% of total strength in each shift subject to vaccination of employees, wearing of masks and maintenance of physical distancing. Employers shall make transport arrangements from their end and obtain e-passes from Kolkata Police / District Administration.
- Parks may remain open for morning walks, physical exercise etc during 6AM to 9AM and only vaccinated people shall be allowed.
- Shops & vendors, bazaars and hats relating to vegetables, fruits, groceries milk, bread, meat and eggs shall be allowed to remain open between 7 AM toll AM only.
- All shops other than mentioned in para (13) above may remain open during 11 AM to 6 PM
- Restaurants and bars including in hotels and shopping malls may remain open during 12 Noon to 8 PM with 50 % seating capacity.
- Retail shops in shopping malls and market complexes may remain open during 11 AM to 6 PM with 25% workforce and restricted entry of people/ customers upto 30% at a time.
- Operations relating to tea auctions may resume with 25% of total strength.
- Games and sports may resume in stadium and clubs with sports facilities but without spectators.
- Indoor/ outdoor shooting and associated activities related to TV programmes and cinema may resume with not more than 50 persons per unit at a time, subject to vaccination, wearing of masks, maintenance of physical distancing and with own transport arrangements and e-passes from Kolkata Police/ District Administration.
- E-commerce / home delivery of all commodities shall be allowed.
- Banks and Financial institutions shall remain open for restricted hours between 10AM to 2PM and for operations of ATMs.
- Petrol pumps, LPG gas offices and distribution centres shall remain open.
- Print, electronic media and social media, MSOs and Cable operators shall remain open.
- SEBI regulated and notified market entities shall remain open.
Wearing of masks, maintenance of physical distancing and health & hygiene protocol must be followed at all times.
Employers/ management bodies I owners I supervisors of above mentioned work places shall be responsible for provisioning of all COVID safety measures including regular sanitization of work places, vaccination of employees and for compliance of stated directives and COVID appropriate norms. Employers shall make transport arrangements for their staff and employees from their own end. Work from home must be encouraged as far as possible and practical.
All outdoor activities including movement of people and vehicles shall be prohibited between 9 PM to 5 AM except for health services, law and order, essential commodities including agricultural produce and other emergency services.
District administration, police commissionerates and local authorities shall ensure strict compliance of the stated directives. Any violation of the aforesaid restriction measures will be liable to be proceeded against as per the provisions of Disaster Management Act, 2005 and under Indian Penal Code.
Sd/- Chief Secretary
No. 753-ISS dated 14.06.2021, Source