Government of West Bengal
325, Sarat Chatterjee Road, Howrah – 711102
No. 753/II-ISS/2M-22/2020 Dated: 28/06/2021
Whereas, in order to contain spread of COVID-19 pandemic, state government vide No. 647-ISS/2M-22/2020 dated 15/05/2021 read with No. 707-ISS/2M-22/2020 dated 29/05/2021 and No. 753-ISS/2M-22/2020 dated 14 /06/2021 notified certain restriction measures in terms of the provisions under Disaster Management Act 2005 read with West Bengal Epidemic Disease, Covid-19 Regulations 2020, which are in effect upto 6PM of 30/06/2021.
Whereas, State Executive Committee of West Bengal State Disaster Management Authority after a review of the current situation of the pandemic recommended further extension of certain restriction measures with graded and calibrated approach to relaxations.
Accordingly, in continuation, consolidation and partial modification of earlier orders issued in terms of the provisions under Disaster Management Act 2005 read with West Bengal Epidemic Disease, Covid-19 Regulations 2020, restriction measures stand extended upto 15th July 2021 with the following directives:
- All schools/colleges/ universities/ polytechnics/ Anganwadi centres and other educational/ academic institutions shall continue to remain closed.
- All intra-state local trains, metro railway shall remain closed except for staff special trains for movement of emergency and essential services personnel.
- All cinema halls, spa and swimming pools shall continue to remain closed.
- Movement of public transport including intra- state (inter-district) government and private buses, inland waterways transport, trams, local taxis, cabs and autorickshaws will be allowed with passengers not more than 50% of seating capacity at a time, subject to vaccination of drivers and other staff, regular sanitization of vehicle and mandatorily wearing of masks by all users.
- All political/ social/ cultural/ academic/ entertainment related gatherings, groupings and congregations shall continue to be prohibited.
- Not more than 50 persons shall be allowed at a time in marriage ceremonies and related gatherings.
- Funeral rituals shall be allowed with not more than 20 persons at a time.
- Government offices relating to emergency and essential services like health care, veterinary services, law and order, courts, social welfare homes, correctional services, power, drinking water supply, telecom, internet, print and electronic media, fire services, food & civil supplies including public distribution system, disaster management & civil defense, sanitation, sewerage and funeral services shall remain open as usual.
- All Government offices other than as mentioned in para (8) will remain open as per normal working hours with 25 % of strength. Head of the Departments shall prepare a duty roster and facilitate transport arrangements for officials as required.
- Parks may remain open for morning walks, physical exercise etc during 6AM to 9AM and only vaccinated people shall be allowed.
- Shops & vendors, bazaars and hats relating to vegetables, fruits, groceries, milk, bread, meat, eggs and fish shall be allowed to remain open between 6AM to 12 Noon.
- All shops other than mentioned above in para (11) may remain open during 11 AM to 8 PM
- Retail shops in shopping malls and market complexes may remain open during 11 AM to 8 PM with 25% workforce and restricted entry of people/ customers upto 30% at a time.
- Restaurants and bars including in hotels and shopping malls may remain open during 11 AM to 8 PM with 50 % seating capacity.
- Gyms shall be allowed to remain open during 6AM to 10 AM and 4PM to 8PM with 50 % of capacity at a time in each session, provided the employees/ staff and customers have been vaccinated for COVID-19 and subject to regular sanitization.
- Salons and beauty parlours shall be allowed to remain open from 11 AM to 6 PM with 50% seating capacity at a time, provided the employees/ staff and customers have been vaccinated for COVID-19 and subject to regular sanitization.
- Private and corporate offices may remain open as per normal working hours with not more than 50% of the total strength subject to vaccination of employees, wearing of masks and maintenance of physical distancing. Employers shall make transport arrangements as required from their end.
- All production units, mills, industries including IT&1TES sector may function with 50 % of total strength in each shift subject to vaccination of employees, wearing of masks and maintenance of physical distancing. Employers shall make transport arrangements as required from their end.
- Banks and Financial institutions shall remain open for restricted hours between 10AM to 2PM and for operations of ATMs.
- Games and sports may resume in stadium and clubs with sports facilities but without spectators.
- Indoor/ outdoor shooting and associated activities related to TV programmes and cinema may resume with not more than 50 persons per unit at a time, subject to vaccination, wearing of masks, maintenance of physical distancing and with own transport arrangements as required.
- All activities related to music recording studios, shall be allowed with a maximum of 10 musicians and associated persons at a time.
- E-commerce / home delivery of all commodities shall be allowed.
- Petrol pumps, LPG gas offices and distribution centres shall remain open.
- Print, electronic media and social media, MSOs and Cable operators shall remain open.
- SEBI regulated and notified market entities shall remain open.
Wearing of masks, maintenance of physical distancing and health & hygiene protocol must be followed at all times.
Employers/ management bodies / owners / supervisors of above mentioned work places shall be responsible for provisioning of all COVID safety measures including regular sanitization of work places, vaccination of employees and for compliance of stated directives and COVID appropriate norms. Employers shall make transport arrangements as required for their staff and employees from their own end. Work from home must be encouraged as far as possible and practical.
All outdoor activities including movement of people and vehicles shall be strictly prohibited between 9 PM to 5 AM except for health services, law and order, essential commodities including agricultural produce and other emergency services.
District administration, police commissionerates and local authorities shall ensure strict compliance of the stated directives. Any violation of the aforesaid restriction measures will be liable to be proceeded against as per the provisions of Disaster Management Act, 2005 and under Indian Penal Code.
This order shall come into effect from 1/07/2021.
Sd/- Chief Secretary