In view of the Parliamentary Election-2014 to be held on 17th, 24th, 30th April 2014, 7th & 12th May, 2014 in the different Parliamentary Constituencies and simultaneous Bye-election to 6 (six) Assembly Constituencies in this State, the Government has declared the said days as public holiday under the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881.
Published in Finance, Information & Cultural Affairs Tags: Election, Holiday
Update: Public holiday on Poll Days of Parliamentary Election, 2019
No.: 145/ICA/NB/PN Date 09.04.2014
Public holiday on the poll day of Parliamentary Election 2014
In view of the Parliamentary Election-2014 to be held on 17th, 24th, 30th April 2014, 7th & 12th May, 2014 in the different Parliamentary Constituencies and simultaneous Bye-election to 6 (six) Assembly Constituencies in this State, the Government has declared the said days as public holiday under the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 as follows:
|Phase||Date of poll||No & Name of Parliamentary Constituencies||No & Name of Assembly Constituencies for Bye-elections||Holiday under NI Act|
|Phase I||17-04-2014 (Thursday)||1-Coochbehar (SC), 2-Alipurduars (ST), 3-Jalpaiguri (SC), 4-Darjeeling||10-Kumargram (ST), 16-Maynaguri (SC)||17-04-2014|
|Phase II||24-04-2014 (Thursday)||5- Raiganj, 6- Balurghat, 7- Maldah Uttar, 8- Maldah Dakshin, 9- Jangipur, 11- Murshidabad||24-04-2014|
|Phase III||30-04-2014 (Wednesday)||25- Howrah, 26- Uluberia, 27- Srerampur, 28- Hooghly, 29- Arambag (SC), 38- Bardhaman Purba (SC), 39- Bardhaman- Durgapur, 41- Bolpur (SC), 42- Birbhum,||274- Galsi(SC)||30-04-2014|
|Phase IV||07-05-2014 (Wednesday)||33- Jhargram (ST), 34- Medinipur, 35- Purulia, 36- Bankura, 37- Bishnupur (SC), 40- Asansol,||256- Katulpur (SC)||07-05-2014|
|Phase V||12-05-2014 (Monday)||10- Baharampur, 12- Krishnagar, 13- Ranaghat (SC), 14- Bangaon(SC), 15- Barrackpore, 16- Dum Dum, 17- Barasat, 18- Basirhat, 19- Joynagar(SC), 20-Mathurapur (SC), 21- Diamond Harbour, 22- Jadavpur, 23- Kolkata Dakshin, 24- Kolkata Uttar, 30- Tamluk, 31- Kanthi, 32- Ghatal||86- Santipur, 91-Chakdaha||12-05-2014|
All Government offices, Organisations under it, Undertakings, Corporations, Boards, Statutory and Local Bodies, Educational Institutions, etc. situated within the Parliamentary Constituency as well as the Assembly Constituency will remain closed on the respective dates so that every employee is able to exercise his/her right of franchise in the election
2. The Labour Department will issue suitable instructions to shops, commercial and industrial establishments including Tea Gardens to declare the said dates for the concerned Parliamentary Constituency and Assembly Constituency as paid holiday for the workers to exercise their franchise in the election.
3. In case of an employee working outside the concerned Parliamentary Constituency or Assembly Constituency and when the date of poll has not been declared as holiday there as in Para 1 above, he/she shall be permitted to cast his/her vote by way of special leave.
4. In case of re-poll, the employees/workers shall be allowed to cast their votes on the date of re-poll in the manner as in Para-3 above.
5. The day before the date of polls being the date of dispatch are hereby declared as local holiday for the Educational Institutions situated within the respective Parliamentary Constituency/Assembly Constituency except the day on 11-05-2014 as the same is already a holiday as per the Act ibid.
6. If the poll process continue up to late hours in the nights on poll days as stated in Para 1 above, the polling parties may obtain their release from their reception centres in the small hours of the morning (or even afterwards) of 18th April 2014, 25th April 2014, 8th May 2014 and 13th May 2014 rendering it difficult for them to attend office in time, in consideration of this situation, special Leave may be allowed for 18th April 2014, 25th April 2014, 8th May 2014 and 13th May 2014 as the case may be to the officers and employees who will be deployed for polling duties.
No. 1790-F dated 28.03.2014, Source