DA to Employees of DA getting Secondary School, 2014
Government of West Bengal
School Education Department
Planning & Budget Branch
Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700 091
No. 35-SE(P&B)/5B-19/2010 Dated: 4th February, 2015
From: Shri P.K. Basu
Assistant Secretary to the Govt. of West Bengal
To: The Commissioner, School Education, West Bengal
Bikash Bhavan, 7th floor Salt lake, Kolkata – 700 091
Sub: Grant of revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the whole time approved and regular teaching and non-teaching employees of DA getting schools (Secondary) and DA getting Anglo Indian Schools (Secondary) in West Bengal with effect from 01.01.2014.
In continuation with this Department’s earlier memo no. 353-SE(P&B)/5B-19/2010 dated 09 October, 2013, the undersigned is directed by the order of the Governor to say that the Governor has been pleased to declare that all whole time approved and regular teaching and non teaching employees of DA getting schools (Secondary) and DA getting Anglo Indian Schools (Secondary) in West Bengal, who enjoy their pay and allowances as per ROPA 2009, shall draw Dearness Allowance @ 58% with effect from 1st January, 2014 and those who are in the pre-revised scale of pay [ROPA 1998 ( pay range up to Rs. 25,400/- per month)] shall draw Dearness Allowance @ 146% with effect from the 1st January, 2014.
2. The Dearness Allowance sanctioned hereinabove shall be rounded off to the nearest rupees in each case.
3. The Governor has further been pleased to direct that this additional installment of Dearness Allowance payable in terms of this order, shall be paid along with the salary, through Banks or in cash, to all the whole time approved and regular teaching and non teaching employees of DA getting schools (Secondary) and DA getting Anglo Indian Schools (Secondary) in West Bengal irrespective of their pay, with effect from 01.01.2014.
4. The charge involved will be debited to the respective appropriate Heads of Account in the current year’s Budget Provision.
5. The employees who are still enjoying the pre-revised scale of pay (ROPA 1998) must be brought under revised scale of pay (ROPA 2009) so as to be considered for further enhancement of Dearness Allowance as may be announced in due course. No additional Dearness Allowance will be sanctioned in future in favour of those employees of D.A. getting/ Anglo Indian Schools, who are still enjoying the pre-revised scale of pay (ROPA 1998).
6. This order issues with the concurrence of the Finance (Audit) Department, Govt. of West Bengal vide their U.O. No. Gr. P2/2014-2015/2467 dated 19/01/2015.
7. All concerned are being informed.
Sd/- P. K. Basu
No. 35-SE dated 04.02.2015School Education, Dearness Allowance