Government of West Bengal
School Education Department
Planning & Budget Branch
Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700 091
No. 83-SE(P&B)/5B-19/2010, Dated: 27th February, 2013
From: Shri A.K. Haldar
Assistant Secretary to the Govt. of West Bengal
To: The Commissioner of School Education, West Bengal
Bikash Bhavan, 7th floor Salt lake, Kolkata – 700 091
Sub: Grant of revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the whole time approved and regular teaching and non-teaching employees of DA getting schools (Secondary) and DA getting Anglo Indian Schools (Secondary) in West Bengal with effect from 01.01.2012.
In continuation with this Department’s memo no. 452-SE(P&B)/5B-19/2010 dated 26th December, 2011, the undersigned is directed by the order of the Governor to say that the Governor has been pleased to declare that all whole time approved and regular teaching and non teaching employees of DA getting schools (Secondary) and DA getting Anglo Indian Schools (Secondary) in West Bengal, who enjoy their pay and allowances as per ROPA 2009, shall draw Dearness Allowance @45% with effect from 1st January, 2012 and those who are in the pre-revised scale of pay [ROPA 1998 (pay range up to Rs. 25,400/- per month)] shall draw Dearness Allowance @133% with effect from 1st January, 2012.
2. The Dearness Allowance sanctioned hereinabove shall be rounded off to the nearest rupees in each case.
3. The Governor has further been pleased to direct that this additional installment of Dearness Allowance payable in terms of this order, shall be paid along with the salary, through Banks or in cash, to all the whole time approved and regular teaching and non teaching employees of DA getting schools (Secondary) and DA getting Anglo Indian Schools (Secondary) in West Bengal irrespective of their pay, with effect from 01.01.2012.
4. The charge involved will be debited to the respective appropriate Heads of Account in the current years’ Budget Provision.
5. This order issues with the concurrence of the Finance (Audit) Department, Govt, of West
Bengal vide their U.O.No. 231 Gr. P (service) dated 13/02/2013.
6. All concerned are being informed.