Government of West Bengal
Animal Resources Development Department
AR & AH (Sch.) Branch
LB-2, Sector-III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700098.
No. 209-AR&AH /AD/O/4A-36/2013 Dated: Kolkata, 07-02-2014
Incentive Scheme for Development of Poultry Sector
Although the State of West Bengal has registered a growth rate over 8% in respect of egg production, but still there is a shortfall in respect of requirement. With the objective of bridging the gap and augmentation of egg production, an incentive scheme has been formulated by the Animal Resources Development Department at the Departmental Approval Committee meeting held on 27.08.2013.
2. This scheme involves incentivizing commercial production of eggs with rearing capacity of 10000 (Ten Thousand) commercial layers with complete infrastructure viz. Brooder Shed, Grower Shed/Brooder cum Grower Shed and Layer Shed etc. A sum of Rs. 96.00 Lakh (Rupees Ninety Six Lakh) only has been released under three Head of Accounts (i) “2403-00-103-Poultry Development-009-SP-[AD]-V-31-Grants-in-Aid-GENERAL-02-Other Grants” Rs. 20.00 Lakh (ii) “2403-00-103-Poultry Development-SP-010-[AD]-V-31-Grants-in-Aid-GENERAL-02-Other Grants” Rs. 30.00 Lakh and (iii) “2403-00-796-TASP-SP-032-[AD]-V-31-Grants-in-Aid-GENERAL-02-Other Grants” ” Rs. 46.00 Lakh vide G.O. N0.453-AR&AH (Sch.)/Sanction (SP)/AD/0/4A-36/13 Dated 09-12-2013 and 476-AR&AH (Sch.)/Sanction (SP)/AD/0/4A-36/13Dated 16-12-2013 respectively with the concurrence of the Finance Department of this Government vide U.O. No. 3907 of Gr. ‘A-l’ dated 13.09.2013 and No. 1680-FB dated 14.12.2013.
3. There is a provision of incentive @ 10% of the project cost subject to a ceiling of Rs. 8 Lacs (Rupees Eight Lacs) only per unit.
4. Farmers, individual entrepreneurs, Self Help Groups, NGOs, Co-operative Societies will be eligible for this scheme provided the farm has been established on a piece of land measuring an area of at least 1.5 Acres (ownership/lease hold/rented).
5. The project should have been approved and sanctioned by the recognized Financial Institution/Nationalized/ Commercial Bank. Incentive will be provided as per the criteria decided.
6. The project should be viable and covered by detailed feasibility report duly vetted by the competent authority, having clearance from all concerned and recommended by the concerned DD, ARD & PO of the District. There should be at least 10000 commercial layers with complete infrastructural capacity with necessary clearance from all concerned during submission of the application with minimum of 300 eggs per layer during last 365 days. A certificate from the Deputy Director, ARD & PO of the concerned district regarding no. of birds maintained /eggs produced and infrastructure set up (in original), attested photocopy of NOC from the competent Authority viz. Pradhan of the GP/Chairman of the Municipality, Authorized officer of West Bengal Pollution Control Board, Trade Licence, documents related to land holdings and details of beneficiary (Copy of PAN/EPIC, Paid Challan of Professional Tax), Banker’s Name & Address, IFS Code, Account Number) are to be submitted along with the application.
7. Applications may be invited from the eligible entrepreneurs through Advertisement in any leading daily news paper. The application should be submitted to the Director of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services, West Bengal, LB-2, Sector-III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700 098.
8. Incentive already received by a particular farm/entrepreneur in earlier occasions would not be eligible for incentive.
9. No incentive would be provided for expansion activity.
10. A Screening Committee comprising of Joint Secretary, ARD Department; Financial Advisor of the Department; Director, Animal Husbandry &. Veterinary Services, West Bengal and Managing Director, West Bengal Livestock Development Corporation Ltd. will finalize the selection after verification of documents/reports etc.
11. Incentive would be provided at one time only subject to availability of fund.
12. This Screening Committee would have right to reject any application without showing any reasons to the applicant.
13. Any other terms and conditions may be introduced, if required.
to the Government of West Bengal
No. 209-AR dated 07.02.2014, Source