Modalities for Deposit of Demonetised Currency by DDO
Published in Finance. Tags: Demonetization.
Government of West Bengal
No. 6121-F(Y) Dated, 28th November, 2016
Sub: Modalities regarding deposit of demonetised Rs. 500/- and Rs. 1000/- notes held by DDOs as undisbursed cash/ Permanent Advance and subsequent withdrawal of new legal tender money
Consequent upon demonetisation of Rs. 500/- and Rs. 1000/- notes by the Government of India w.e.f. 09.11.2016, notes of those denominations which may have been held by the Drawing and Disbursing Officers of this State in cash as advance drawal against allotment or any scheme, fees etc. need to be deposited to banks followed by withdrawal of legal tender money in place of such demonetised notes.
Finance (Budget) Department has already opened two Heads of Account in the Public Account of the State for deposit of the demonetised notes and withdrawal of the new legal tender money vide Notification No. 1144-FB dated 23.11.2016.
I am now directed to lay down the following guidelines/ modalities for deposit of the demonetised currency notes and withdrawal of valid currency notes in place of the deposited demonetised notes:
- DDO of an establishment shall deposit the demonetised Rs. 500/- and Rs. 1000/- notes, lying in the office as unspent or undisbursed cash or as Permanent Advance, to the Head of Account “8658 – Suspense Account – 00 – 102 – Suspense Account – Civil – 040 -Remittance of Specified Bank Notes – Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 since Demonetised – 20 -Receipt/ Adjustment” (8658-00-102-040-20) by manual challan in T.R. Form No. 7 in the concerned treasury-linked bank where the DDO is attached latest by 23rd December, 2016.
- The amount shall be deposited only once and should not exceed the total cash balance in the Cash Book of the DDO at the time of depositing the cash.
- After deposition of the amount, the DDO shall draw the bill in T.R. Form No. 42 through e-Billing module of IFMS under the Head of Account “8658 – Suspense Account – 00 – 102 -Suspense Account – Civil – 040- Remittance of Specified Bank Notes – Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 since Demonetised – 21 – Payment/ Adjustment” (8658-00-102-040-21) upon sanction by the respective Head of the Office mentioning the Challan Reference Number for issuance of cheque in favour of the DDO.
- The bill shall be accompanied by the challan in T.R. Form No. 7 in original duly crossed by the DDO.
- Amount deposited against a challan must be withdrawn at one go and withdrawal in instalments shall not be allowed.
Sd/- P.A. Siddiqui
Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
No. 6121-F dated 28.11.2016, Source