Government of West Bengal
NABANNA, Howrah-711 102
No. 5970-F(Y) Kolkata, the 21st November, 2016
Sub: Advance Drawal of Salary/ Remuneration or Wages and payment in Cash
In order to provide relief to the employees and other personnel engaged by the state government, from the hardships being faced by them due to non-availability of cash money as a result of demonetisation by GOI, the Governor is pleased to allow to draw part salary/ remuneration or wages in advance against the Salary / wages of December, 2016 and make cash payment to the below mentioned categories of employees-
i. Group – C and Group – D Employees of the state government
ii. Employees of Teaching & Non-Teaching Employees of Educational Institutions, Panchayat, Municipalities / Municipal Corporations in posts equivalent to Group-C & Group – D
iii. Employees of PSUs / Corporations & Statutory / Autonomous Bodies, Boards in posts equivalent to Group-C & Group – D
iv. Personnel engaged following the Government guidelines, in equivalent categories of Group C & D i.e. Work Charged / Contract / Casual / Daily wages / Civic Volunteers & other similar categories
2. Group – C and Group – D Employees may be allowed an amount of Rs. 5,000/- (Rupees five thousand) only.
DDO will prepare a manual Bill in T.R. Form No. 18 and will present the same to the Treasury through the authenticated Bill Transit Register with the instruction for issue of open cheque in favour of the DDO.
3. Teaching and Non-teaching Employees of Educational Institutions and the Employees of Panchayats, Municipalities / Municipal Corporations in posts equivalent to Group – C & Group – D may also be allowed to draw part salary of Rs. 5000/- (Rupees five thousand) only.
DDOs will submit Grant-in-aid Salary bills in TR Form No. 31 through e-billing as usually and where the salary is paid out of Local Fund / Deposit Account, the administrator of such Account will draw Self Cheque from Treasury.
4. The personnel engaged following the Government guidelines, in equivalent categories of Group C & D on Work Charged / Contract / Casual / Daily wages/ Civic Volunteers & other similar categories, may also be paid in cash an amount of Rs. 2,000/- (Rupees Two thousand) only as advance against their remuneration / wages, etc. for the month of December, 2016 provided that their average monthly remuneration or wages exceeds Rs. 2000/-.
DDO will prepare the Bill in T.R. Form No. 26 online through e-Billing as usual.
5. While drawing the Salary/ remuneration or wages, etc. for the month of December, 2016, a certificate has to be furnished by the Drawing & Disbursing Officer (DDO) that the advance drawn under this order that has been duly adjusted in that bill.
6. Employees / personnel, who wish to receive the cash payout of the part Salary / remuneration or wages in cash as advance may give their option (Format enclosed) to their respective DDO by 25th November, 2016. In case no option is received by the said date, it will be presumed that the employees / personnel are not willing for cash payout.
7. The DDOs shall submit the Bill to the Treasuries within 29th November, 2016 and arrange to disburse cash latest by 30th November, 2016. Similarly Administrators should submit the Self Cheque to the Treasury latest by 29th November and arrange to disburse cash latest by 30th November, 2016.
8. The salary / remuneration or wages for the month of December, 2016 of the willing employees / personnel will be drawn and released as per the existing procedure after adjusting the part salary / remuneration or wages drawn in terms of this order.
9. The expenditure shall be booked under the Head of Account from where the salary / remuneration or wages are usually drawn by the DDO. The bills of such advances may be drawn in anticipation of allotment where at least one allotment has been received in this Financial Year under the concerned Head of Account.
10. In case of employees of PSUs, Government Companies, Board, Other Statutory authorities etc. a similar order may be issued by the concerned Departments.
11. Accountant General (Accounts and Entitlement), West Bengal and other concerned are being informed.
Sd/- H K Dwivedi
Principal Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal