Attestation by Gazetted Officer

Group A Officer can attest documents as authorized Gazetted Officer. Group B employee on Career Advancement Scheme will not get the status of Group A Officer.

The Govt. of West Bengal abolished the system of classification of employees into Gazetted, Non-Gazetted and Fourth Grade Services vide GO No. 10606-F dated 25.09.1978 and grouping of services introduced. At present as per West Bengal Services Revision of Pay & Allowances, 2009, Government employees are classified as Group A, Group B, Group C and Group D in the following manner:–

1. Group A – Government employees holding all posts in the pay band Nos. 4 and 5 with grade pay ranging from Rs. 4,400 to Rs. 10,000.
  2. Group B – Government employees holding all posts in the pay band No. 3 with grade pay ranging from Rs. 3,200 to Rs. 4,100.
  3. Group C – Government employees holding all posts in the pay band No. 2 with grade pay ranging from Rs. 1,900 to Rs. 2,900.
  4. Group D – Government employees holding all posts in the pay band No. 1 with grade pay ranging from Rs. 1,700 to Rs. 1,800.

Group A Officer can attest documents as authorized Gazetted Officer. He put his signature, mention his designation and write ‘Group –A’ below the designation.

Group A Officers of the State Govt. is authorized and competent to grant certificates which are required to be granted by the Gazetted Officer or to attest papers done by erstwhile Gazetted Officer as per GO No. 4890-F dated 16.05.1979.

If a Group B employee on the ground of Career Advancement Scheme or any other non-functional elevation is allowed the scale of Group A Officer, he will not get the status of Group A Officer as per GO No. 5326-F dated 15.06.1999. Hence he will not get the power of attestation or power to grant certificates.

Comments

1. K Mahesh says

I am working as assistant professor in UGC approved private Engineering College with AGP in PB3
    I am university approved teacher working in private college. may I know about my attestation authority & Gazetted officer status?

2. jayanta_sinha says

I am an Associate Professor with Grade pay 9000/- and PB-IV, of a Govt. aided college in West Bengal.Do I have attestation power?If yes up to how much extent? If any such power is conferred, can I have any supporting G.O.Thanks.

3. SANTOSH says

i want to attest the xerox copy of my caste certificate. please tell me by whom can i attest my document….

4. PANKAJ KUMAR DAS says

Can a Gazetted officer(Class-II) attest the certificates of his wife/brother/sisters .
    PANKAJ KUMAR DAS, Assistant Meteorologist -II

5. partha mukherjee says

sir I am an inspector of kolkata police ,in west Bengal,I want to know that am I a gazetted officer?can I attest signature and photograph withmy signature and designation?pls clarify in details.

• atanu ghosh says

What is your scale of pay?If u r in PB 4 i.e. 9000-40500+GP 4400 then u r a gazzeted one but u should not get promotion from any post with GP bellow 4400/-.

6. Dr. Anoop Aggarwal says

sir am a medical doctor (MBBS) working as Physician in private practice in Delhi, can i put attestation.

7. Santanu Sarkar says

Whether minister-in charge of West Bengal has attestation power ? Whether they can issue certificate in any matter like Gr. A officer of West Bengal ?

8. Dr muthuvel says

sir am a veterinary doctor working as veterinary consultant in avian tamilnadu , can i put attestation and if i cxan what was the go number or anything else