Applications are invited from needy and meritorious students for their higher education of West Bengal under “West Bengal Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Programme” for the year 2011-2012. Students having an annual family income below Rs. 80,000/-(Rupees Eighty Thousand Only) are eligible for this scholarship. Admissible amount of scholarship is as follows:
- Rs. 500/- per month for Higher secondary students.
- Rs. 750/- to Rs. 1500/- per month for Graduate students.
- Rs. 750/- per month for Diploma students.
- Rs. 1200/- to Rs. 1400/- per month for Post Graduate students.
“Application for W.B. Government Merit – cum- Means Scholarship Scheme for Pursuing …….….. Course of Studies” is to be written clearly at the top of the envelope containing filled up application in prescribed format. The merit cum means scholarship format is available here.
Completed application should reach the office within 30th November 2011 at the following addresses:
- Directorate of School Education (West Bengal), (Training and Examination Cell), Bikash Bhavan, 7th floor, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091. (For class XI)
- Directorate of Public Instruction (West Bengal), (Scholarship and Stipend Section), Bikash Bhavan , 9th floor, North wing, Salt Lake, Kolkata -700091. (For first year graduate and post graduate UGC candidate except Engineering, Medical, Science, Arts and Commerce students).
- Directorate of Technical Education and Training (West Bengal) ,Bikash Bhavan , 10th floor, East wing (North) Salt Lake, Kolkata -700091(For 1st & 2nd year polytechnic diploma students).
- Directorate of Technical Education and Training (West Bengal), Bikash Bhavan , 10th Floor, East wing (South) Salt Lake, Kolkata -700091. (For 1st & 2nd year Engineering & Technology students approved by AICTE).
- Directorate of Medical Education (West Bengal), Swasthya Bhavan, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata -700091. (For 1st year candidate of MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS & Nursing).
- Selected candidate are not eligible to enjoy scholarship from any other state/ central govt. for the same course of study.
- For renewal of scholarship “Continuity Certificate” from Head of the institution is to be submitted within one month.
Here is the pdf filein English for complete details.