Merit cum Means Scholarship Programme, 2011-12

Applications are invited from needy and meritorious students having annual family income below Rs. 80000/- Application should reach the office within 30th Nov.

Applications are invited from needy and meritorious students for their higher education of West Bengal under “West Bengal Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Programme” for the year 2011-2012. Students having an annual family income below Rs. 80,000/-(Rupees Eighty Thousand Only) are eligible for this scholarship. Admissible amount of scholarship is as follows:

• Rs. 500/- per month for Higher secondary students.
  • Rs. 750/- to Rs. 1500/- per month for Graduate students.
  • Rs. 750/- per month for Diploma students.
  • Rs. 1200/- to Rs. 1400/- per month for Post Graduate students.

“Application for W.B. Government Merit – cum- Means Scholarship Scheme for Pursuing …….….. Course of Studies” is to be written clearly at the top of the envelope containing filled up application in prescribed format. The merit cum means scholarship format is available here.

Completed application should reach the office within 30th November 2011 at the following addresses:

1. Directorate of School Education (West Bengal), (Training and Examination Cell), Bikash Bhavan, 7th floor, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091. (For class XI)
  2. Directorate of Public Instruction (West Bengal), (Scholarship and Stipend Section), Bikash Bhavan , 9th floor, North wing, Salt Lake, Kolkata -700091. (For first year graduate and post graduate UGC candidate except Engineering, Medical, Science, Arts and Commerce students).
  3. Directorate of Technical Education and Training (West Bengal) ,Bikash Bhavan , 10th floor, East wing (North) Salt Lake, Kolkata -700091(For 1st & 2nd year polytechnic diploma students).
  4. Directorate of Technical Education and Training (West Bengal), Bikash Bhavan , 10th Floor, East wing (South) Salt Lake, Kolkata -700091. (For 1st & 2nd year Engineering & Technology students approved by AICTE).
  5. Directorate of Medical Education (West Bengal), Swasthya Bhavan, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata -700091. (For 1st year candidate of MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS & Nursing).

N.B:

1. Selected candidate are not eligible to enjoy scholarship from any other state/ central govt. for the same course of study.
  2. For renewal of scholarship “Continuity Certificate” from Head of the institution is to be submitted within one month.

Here is the pdf file in English for complete details.

Update: Merit cum Means Scholarship Result

Comments

1. situ saikh says

i had submitted my application in 2012 and now i,m MA 2nd year student but i could not get any result …can any body would help me .? …it is bikash bhawan scholarship

2. prasanta dutta says

dear sir…
    i have complet my hs exam of 2011 . and got 79% marks . apply merit cum sholarship . t.d.b college. raniganj , burdwan

3. keka sen says

ami 2012-2013 ar mcm scshp frm sbmit kore 6ilam…ami M.A 1st year bengali niye por6i..but ami amr frm a kono bank acnt no. die ni.karon frm a jodi thake tahole dite bola 6ilo…ate ki scholarshp asbe?

• tridib giri says

hi…….my name is tridib giri,,,,i am a pass out student of H.S in the year of 2012……and as regulations,i applied for merit cum scholarship,,,but till now i didn’t get any information ,whether i selected or not…………..so what should i do now?…….plase reply me soon……….,,in the month of august 2013 once i visited bikash bhavan to know ,,,but they tell me to visit the month of february 2014……………….please tell me,,when this scholarship scheme will be out………….?

4. Sonali samanta says

My name is sonali samanta i submitted my application in 2012 i want to know when will the result be published & if i am selected i please reply me

5. Rahul Chandra Ghara says

when new application are invited in the session 2013-2014 for post graduate student” merit cum means scholarship,west Bengal Gov” . From where the application form down lode..?

6. Rajat Samanta says

I submitted my application on 2011 but got no reply from it. What to do? Please reply me quickly.

7. Ghulam Muztaba says

ami ekta law er student
    1. how could i knw,i am selected or not??
    2. when the selected candidates’ list will be published??
    plzzz reply me quickly ?
    plz sir

• Kalyani Roy says

Ami akjan poor student. ABNSeal College CoB PG Sanskrit Dept. 2011-12. class a sabai MCM scholership paye galao ami palam na. kintu ami dept a topper 64%.