Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education
Bikash Bhavan, Bidhannagar, Kolkata – 700 091.
No. 15-Edn(U)/N/1U-01/14 Date: 07.01.2016
Sub: Grant of Dearness Allowance to the Teachers and Non-Teaching Employees of the State-Aided Universities in West Bengal including Moulana Abul Kalam University of Technology and Netaji Subhas Open University w.e.f. 1st January, 2016.
1. The undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to state that the Governor has been pleased to decide that the whole-time employees of the State-aided Universities, under the administrative jurisdiction of this department drawing Basic Pay (Band Pay + Grade Pay + NPA, if any) up to Rs 80,000/- shall draw Dearness Allowance @75% with effect from 1st January, 2016. The calculation of Dearness Allowance shall be made taking into account the Band Pay, Grade Pay, but shall not include any other types of Pay.
2. The rate of Dearness Allowance to the teachers and Non-teaching Employees of State-aided universities who are drawing their pay in the pre-revised scale of pay shall also be enhanced from the existing rate of 139% to 156% with effect from the 1st January, 2016. All other conditions as laid down in Finance Department Order No. 10902-F(P), Dt. 09/12/2009 will continue to apply.
3. The additional expenditure on account of such enhancement of DA should be borne by the institutions concerned out of the financial assistance provided for them in the budget and that no additional financial assistance will be given to them on account of sanction of DA.
4. The Dearness Allowance sanctioned herein above shall be rounded off to nearest rupee in each case.
5. (a) The charges will be met from the provision under the Head of Account “2202-General Education-03-University & Other Higher Education-102-Assistance to Universities-NP-001 to 007, 009 & 012 to 023-V-31-Grants-in-Aid-01-Salary Grants” in respect of the State-aided Universities except for Moulana Abul Kalam University of Technology.
(b) The charges will be met in respect of the employees (teaching and non-teaching) of Moulana Abul Kazad University of Technology from the provision under the relevant Head of Account. “2203-00-102-Assistance to Universities for Technical Education-NP-002-Setting up of Technical University-31-Grants-in-Aid-01-Salary Grant”.
6. The Governor has also been pleased to decide that for daily rated workers (if any) under the State-aided Universities. Moulana Abul Kalam University of Technology and Netaji Subhas Open University whose wages are not regulated by any statutory provisions like the Minimum Wages Act, there will be a further ad-hoc increase in their existing daily rate of wages by Rs. 21/- (Rupees twenty one) only with effect from 01 01.2016.
8. All concerned are being informed.
Assistant Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal