Backward Classes Welfare (Anagrasar Kalyan) Department works for social, economic and cultural development of the people belonging to SC, ST, OBC in West Bengal. Tabular View
- Updated Guidelines for Issuance of OBC Certificates
There is no Act regulating identification of persons belonging to Other Backward Classes. Guidelines for issuance of Other Backward Classes Certificates were issued earlier.
- Updated Guidelines for Issuance of SC/ ST Certificates
Caste Identification Certificate issued to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe person is popularly called as Caste Certificate. A format of Caste Certificate is appended to these guidelines.
- Commissioner for Reservation Office: Register of Appointment
Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week (barring public holidays) are kept earmarked in regard to ‘Office of the Commissioner for Reservation’ for Register of Appointment.
- Apply for Amended OBC Certificate for new Categorization
OBC certificate holder is required to apply for the amended certificate in plain paper along with original OBC certificate and attested documentary proof in support of non-creamy layer status.
- Online Duplicate SC/ST Certificate in case of Loss or Damage
SC/ST certificate holder may obtain online duplicate SC/ST certificate in the event of loss or damage of the original Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe certificate from authority.
- Attestation is Mandatory while seeking SC/ST/OBC Certificate
BCWD will accept self-attested documents in all cases except for proving the permanent residential status of applicants seeking SC/ST/OBC certificates where photocopies are to be attested by Group A/B officers.
- No Hazardous Cleaning of Sewers and Septic Tanks
No person, local authority or any agency shall, either directly or indirectly, engage or employ, any person for hazardous cleaning of sewers and septic tanks w.e.f. 05.12.2014.
- Construction of Sanitary Community Latrines by Municipality
Municipalities shall construct adequate number of sanitary community latrines, so as to eliminate the practice of open defecation in their respective jurisdiction within 05.12.2016.
- Authority to Issue Caste Certificate for Admission in School
A Member/Pradhan of a Gram Panchayat, Member/Sabhapati of Panchayat Samity, Member of Zilla Parishad, Commissioner of Municipality, Councillor/Chairman/Mayor of Municipal Corporation, Member of State Legislature, Member of Parliament, and any Group ‘A’ Officer of State Government.
- Constitution of West Bengal Commission for Backward Classes
Governor is pleased to re-constitute, the West Bengal Commission for Backward Classes, consisting of the following Members. The Chairman and every Member shall hold office for a term of three years from the date he or she assumes office.
- De-Reserve the post of Anganwari Worker and Anganwari Helper
A large number of vacancies in the posts of Anganwari Worker and Anganwari Helper are lying vacant due to non-availability of qualified SC/ST/BC-A/BC-B category candidates.
- Issuing Caste Certificate to Adopted Children of OBC Category
The procedure of issuing Caste Certificates to the adopted sons and daughters of different persons belonging to SC/ST category can be applied mutatis mutandis in case of granting of OBC Certificates.
- Producing Caste Identification Certificate while in UR Service
The caste status of an incumbent will be considered on and from the date on which he/she officially produces the caste identification certificate before the appointing authority.
- Cultural Committee of Backward Classes Welfare Department
Governor is pleased to constitute a new cultural committee for organizing cultural activities viz. Jhumur, Gambhira, Baul, Bhatiyali, Kabi-Gan, Puppetry, Chhau, Sarigan, Bachhari Baich (traditional boat race), Woodcrafts, Kantha Silpa etc.
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Higher Studies, 2014-15
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship, 2014-15 is to increase opportunities for the students of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) for pursuing higher education leading to their acquiring degrees such as M.Phil. and Ph.D.