The Diamond Harbour Women’s University Act, 2012
Published in Higher Education, Law.
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
No. 190-L Date: 28th January, 2013
West Bengal Act XXXVII of 2012
THE DIAMOND HARBOUR WOMEN’S UNIVERSITY ACT, 2012.
An Act to provide for constitution of the Diamond Harbour Women’s University and for certain matters incidental thereto and connected therewith.
1. Short title and commencement.
The University and its Officers
3. The University.
4. Powers of the University.
5. Jurisdiction of the University.
6. Delegation of powers.
7. The Chancellor.
8. Officers of the University.
9. The Vice-Chancellor.
10. Powers and duties of the Vice-Chancellor.
11. The Registrar.
12. Powers and Duties of the Registrar.
13. The Finance Officer.
14. Powers and Duties of the Finance Officer.
15. Supervisory powers of the Registrar and the Finance Officer.
Authorities of the University
17. The Court.
18. Power and duties of the Court.
19. Meetings of the Court.
20. The Executive Council.
21. Powers and duties of the Executive Council.
22. The Faculty Council for Post-Graduate and Undergraduate Studies.
23. Powers and duties of the Faculty Council for Post-Graduate and Undergraduate Studies.
24. Deans of Faculty Councils.
25. The Boards of Studies.
26. The Finance Committee.
27. Selection Committee for Teachers of the University.
28. Procedure for holding meeting of Selection Committee.
29. Appointment on the recommendation of the Selection Committee constituted by the University Council.
30. Letter of Appointment of Teachers, Officers and Employees.
31. Termination of Services of temporary Teacher, Officer or Employee.
32. Standing Committee for selection of Officers and Non-teaching employees.
General Provisions Governing All Authorities or Other Bodies of the University
35. Part-time teachers or part-time non-teaching staff not to be entitled to be enrolled as voters or to be nominated.
36. Term of office Members.
37. Cessation of membership in certain cases.
38. Filling of vacancies.
39. Proceedings of the University or the authorities or bodies of the University not invalidated by vacancies.
40. Election Tribunal.
41. Casting the vote by the Chairman.
Funds of the University, Accounts, Audit and Inspection
42. University fund.
43. General limitations on financial Powers of the University.
44. Provident Fund.
45. Annual Accounts and Audit.
Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations
48. How to make Statutes.
50. How to make Ordinances.
52. How to make Regulations.
Miscellaneous and Transitory Provisions
55. Transitory Provision and repeal.
56. The Diamond Harbour Women’s University Council.
57. Removal of difficulties.
Download: Diamond Harbour Women’s University Act, 2012, Source