When an Employee/ Pensioner disappears leaving his family, family pension, GPF, Group Insurance etc. may be granted to the family concerned, subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
- The family must lodge a report with the concerned Police Station and obtain a report that the employee/ pensioner has not been traced after all efforts had been made by the police.
- An Indemnity Bond should be taken from beneficiaries concerned to the effect that all payments received from Govt. shall be refunded to Govt. in the event the missing employee/ pensioner re-appears and claims his dues.
- The above benefit may be sanctioned by the Administrative Department concerned.
- All Govt. dues outstanding against the Govt. employee/ pensioner shall be recovered under normal rules, orders.
- The family concerned shall apply to the Head of the office of the Govt. employee/ pensioner for grant of family pension etc. after one year from the date of disappearance of the Govt. employee/ pensioner.
G.O. No. 4671-F dated 14.05.1990 for Family Pension
G.O. No. 10797-F dated 15.11.1994 for GPF
G.O. No. 8015-F dated 08.09.1997 for Group Insurance