Ex-Gratia to Pensioners of State-Aided University, 2020-21
Higher Education. Ex-Gratia.
Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education
Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091
No. 11-Edn(B)/1M-12/2008 Date: 10-05-2021
Sub: Grant of Ex-gratia payment for the Financial Year 2020-2021 to the Pensioners of all the State-aided Universities including the University BT & Evening College, Coochbehar under the administrative control of this Department and West Bengal State Council of Higher Education.
The undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to say that in order to provide some relief to the pensioners during the ensuing festivals, the Governor has been pleased to order that the Teaching and Non-Teaching Pensioners of State-aided Universities including the University BT & Evening College, Coochbehar and the WBSCHE under control of this Department and including the holders of provisional pension of the said institutions who retired prior to 30-09-2020 and also the pensioners who retired or died after 30-09-2020 but prior to 01-09-2021 and whose basic pension plus Dearness relief on pension as on 31st March, 2021 did not exceed Rs. 31,000/- (Rupees Thirty one thousand) only and are not eligible for ad-hoc Bonus shall be paid an ex-gratia grant of Rs. 2,500/- (Rupees Two Thousand five hundred) only in lump per head.
- The Ex-gratia grant sanctioned herein will also be admissible to the holders of family pension, ex-gratia family pension, ad-hoc family pension and ex-gratia pension. This order will also be applicable to those who are eligible for this ex-gratia grant but whose pension/family pension has not yet been sanctioned. In their eases and in the case of persons who are drawing provisional pension, this amount of ex-gratia will be drawn by the authority competent to draw provisional pension in the same manner as the amount of provisional pension is drawn by him/her. In their cases, the facts of payment of ex-gratia grant should be intimated to the authority concerned at the time of forwarding their pension papers for final sanction of pension.
- This benefit will not be admissible to those who are entitled to ad-hoc bonus sanctioned by the Government and those who are employed/ re-employed under any Public Undertakings/ Statutory Bodies/ Non-Government Educational Institutions and are in receipt of bonus or ex-gratia payment in lieu thereof during the current financial year.
- The institutions under purview of this order shall make all necessary arrangements, as to be done in the matter of drawal and making payment of Bonus to the eligible employees, for making payments of the Ex-gratia to all the respective eligible pensioners so that the pensioners get the payment of ex-gratia in due time to meet their commitments for the ensuing festival. For other modalities, Finance Department Memo. No. 1494-F(P2) dated 06.05.2021 may be consulted with. And for requirement of necessary fund from the Government for payment of this ex-gratia to the eligible pensioners, the institutions should furnish detailed statements incorporating thereon the individual names of the eligible pensioners, their basic pension and amount of relief against the amount of Ex-gratia alongwith the gross amount of claim in this regard.
- The charge is debitable to the respective Heads of Accounts for ‘Salary Grants’ of the concerned Universities, i.e. under “2202-03-102-001 to 007, 009 and 013 to 024-V-36-00” for the State aided Universities, “2203-00-102-002-V-36-00” for Moulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (erstwhile West Bengal University of Technology) and “2202-03-102-009-V-36-00” for employees of the West Bengal State Council of Higher Education respectively in the current year’s State Budget.
- The payment of ex-gratia as sanctioned hereinabove should be made before the festival of Id-ul-Fitre of 2021 for the Muslim Pensioners/ Family Pensioners and other than Muslim Pensioners/ Family Pensioners the benefits should be disbursed in between 27th September, 2021 to 05th October, 2021.
- This order issues in terms of Finance Department Memo. No. 1494-F(P2) dated 06.05.2021.
Special Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
No. 11-Edn dated 10.05.2021, Source