Government of West Bengal
Health & Family Welfare Department
Swasthya Bhawan, GN-29, Sector-V
Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 091.
HF/SPSRC/170/2014/387 Dated: 29.09.2014
Subject: Meeting with Superintendents of Hospitals and Engineers once in a month in the Executive Committee meeting of District.
District Health & Family Welfare Samities and Rogi Kalyan Samities have been reconstituted last year by this department. All the districts are requested to take following actions for effective functioning of the Samities:-
- DH&FWS and RKS for all hospitals must be reconstituted and registered immediately, if not already done, as this is one of the additional conditionalities of National Health Mission funding.
- Annual audited accounts of these Samities must be passed in the general body and submitted to the next level for acceptance.
- Regular meetings of RKS may be held on monthly basis and resolutions may be acted upon by district authorities and hospitals. CMOHs may send gist of resolutions where interventions at Swasthya Bhawan are solicited for each secondary hospital. All hospitals may be advised to issue separate sheet of resolution for State specific interventions with specific details. It is suggested to hold meeting of RKS in the afternoon on a fixed day of every month in the hospital premises only.
- CMOHs will hold meeting with Superintendent of Secondary Hospitals on a fixed day of every month to review the civil & electrical works, hospital performance and sort out the issues raised in RKS meetings. Engineers of PWD, PHE and WBSEDCL may be invited in such meetings. Gist of Resolution of these meetings must be sent to this department where state interventions are solicited. The District Magistrate or his representative should be requested to attend the meeting.
- This department issued revised financial guidelines in July 2014 for procurements, purchases, maintenance of services and supplies by RKS, where administrative powers have been enhanced substantially. There are sufficient funds available with RKS and DH&FWS corpus funds collected from user charges which must be utilised to improve patient care services. Purchase and maintenance of equipments in pathology, imaging, OT, Laboratory, autoclaves, diagnostics and Blood banks within delegated administrative and financial powers may be done by RKS provided CMS approved rates and specifications are followed. Further, petty civil and electrical works within the delegated power may also be done out of RKS funds.
- Hospital performance on surgeries, deliveries, diagnostic, pathology, IPD and other parameters must be placed in RKS meeting along with fund position for discussion.
These instructions may please be brought to the notice of all Hospitals and Members of RKS.
Sd/- Principal Secretary
H&FW Dept. Govt. of WB.
HF/387 dated 29.09.2014, Source