Government of West Bengal
Higher Education Department
College Sponsored Branch
Bikash Bhavan: Salt Lake: Kolkata-700091
No. 466-Edn(CS)/10M-96/2013 Dated, Kolkata the 12th June, 2014
For expeditious release/ utilization of Budget Grants for financial assistance to Govt. aided Colleges and Institutions, the State Govt. in the Higher Education Department has decided to prescribe the following guidelines for submission of proposal for financial grant for construction of Building & other Civil Infrastructure of Govt.-aided Colleges for the current financial year, i.e., 2014-2015, as
- Estimate, in original, should be vetted by the competent authority [i.e. by Assistant Engineer up to Rs. 3 lakhs, by Executive /District Engineer up to Rs. 45 lakhs, by Superintending Engineer upto Rs. 2 crores & by Chief Engineer for more than Rs. 2 crores], as prescribed in Finance (Audit) Department’s Order No. 5458-F(Y) dt. 27.06.2012) and duly countersigned by the Principal/ Teacher-in-charge of the concerned college. The vetting power will be determined on the total estimated amount proposed for the current financial year not in division.
- Photocopy of Resolution Book of Governing Body meeting containing Specific Agenda and signatures of the members present in the meeting, duly authenticated by the Principal/ Teacher-in-charge.
- Photocopy of Resolution Book of Building committee meeting containing Agenda, Signatures of the members present and seal & signature of the Engineer Member (minimum at the rank of an Assistant Engineer) duly authenticated by the Principal/Teacher-in-charge of the concerned college.
- Utilization Certificate, in original, in prescribed format (Rule S.R. 330A of W.B.T.R.-Vol.-I), of last-received grant from State Govt./Govt. of India/UGC along with seal & signature of the Engineer Member of the Building Committee, duly authenticated by the Principal/Teacher-in-charge.
- Photographs in support of the construction done against the grant received earlier (if any) prominently displaying the name of the College, in the form of banner or hoarding or plaque.
- The proposal for Building Grant should be submitted to the Secretary, Higher Education Department (C.S. Branch) through Director of Public Instructions, Government of West Bengal not later than within 31st August, 2014.
- The Govt. aided colleges, who had already submitted their proposals in the above-mentioned format along with the said documents laid down in this order in the last financial year, may not submit their proposals again.
This order issues with the approval of the Secretary of this Department.
Assistant Secretary to the Govt. of West Bengal