Guidelines regarding Academic Matters related to B.Ed Course
Update: Guidelines regarding Admission to B.Ed for the session 2016-2018
Government of West Bengal
Higher Education Department
College Sponsored Branch
Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091
No. 716-Edn(CS)/10M-68/14 Dated, Kolkata the 1st September, 2014
For smooth functioning of academic matters related to B. Ed. course in the State, the State Government in the Higher Education Department has decided to prescribe the following guidelines :-
- The University and B. Ed. colleges shall follow the academic calendar based on the judgement of the Hon’ble Supreme Court as circulated by the NCTE, vide its letter no. ERC/05-605/2013/16196 dated 05.02.2013 (copy enclosed for ready reference) or relevant judicial orders issued from time to time by the Hon’ble Court and circulated by the NCTE.
- The University shall obtain an affidavit from every self-financed B. Ed. college, on a non-judicial stamp paper before each academic session that they shall not charge fees in excess of the ceiling specified by the State Government/ Affiliating University and that in the event of any such malpractice being discovered/ established, they shall be liable to be penalised under the law, which may include withdrawal of affiliation by the University.
- The university should direct all the self-financed B. Ed. colleges under its jurisdiction to accept fees through their bank account and not in cash.
- The Inspector of Colleges of the concerned University should inspect each and every self-financed B. Ed. college at least twice in each academic session to ensure better monitoring and supervision of such institutes.
- The seats reserved for deputed/ in-service teachers may be de-reserved to accommodate the freshers, with prior approval of the University, in a manner that no seats lie vacant.
- From the next academic session (2015-2016) the ratio for home University students and other university students shall be 80:20.
Sd/- Additional Secretary
No. 716-Edn dated 01.09.2014