Inspection of Engineering and Technology Institutes by Expert Committee
Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education
Bikash Bhawan (6th Floor), Salt Lake, Kolkata-700 091.
No. 480-Edn (T)/10M-62/11, Date: 31.10.2011
In supersession of this Department’s earlier order vide no. 303A-Edn (T) dated 16.07.2011; the Governor is pleased to lay down the modus operandi for conduct of inspection and survey of existing as well as proposed Engineering and Technology Institutes, both Government as well as Self – financing of the State of West Bengal including the Engineering and Technology Departments of the State – aided Universities under the aegis of the Department of Higher Education in the State of West Bengal.
- The team of experts comprising the Inspection Team as well as the name of the Institute to be inspected shall be finalized by the Higher Education Department;
- The Inspection Team shall be provided with the required logistic support for conducting the said inspection;
- The rate of honorarium as well as the transport and other logistic support shall be extended as per rate approved by the Finance Department, which will be notified in due course;
- A panel of experts for this purpose will be drawn up for this inspection which may be updated depending on administrative necessity;
- The Institute due to be inspected may or may not be notified in advance though the same shall be bound to co-operate with the Inspection Team under authority of this Department;
- Prior to each of such inspections, the Inspection Team shall receive the authorization letter for such inspection from the Principal Secretary or any designated Officer on his behalf;
- The Inspection Team shall be duty-bound to submit its report duly signed by all members at the end of each Inspection to the Principal Secretary or any designated Officer on his behalf, positively.
The Governor is pleased to further notify that the erstwhile Expert Committee so constituted by this Department’s Order mentioned herein before for conducting surprise inspection of all new as well existing Engineering and Technical Institutes, both Government as well as Self – financing of the State of West Bengal including the Engineering and Technology Departments of the State – aided Universities under the aegis of the Department of Higher Education in the State of West Bengal, shall stand annulled.
All concerned are informed accordingly.
This notification be published in the Calcutta Gazette for general information.
Sd/- Satish Chandra Tewary
No. 480-Edn dated 31.10.2011Higher Education, Private University