Police Verification Report of Teaching/ Non-teaching Staff
Published in School Education. Tags: Recruitment.
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
School Education Department
Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700 091
No. 986-SE/S/1A-10/2017 Dated 10th November, 2017
The following draft of rules, which the Governor proposes to make in exercise of the power conferred by sub-section (1), and clauses (d) and (o) of sub-section (2) of section 45, read with clause (j) of sub-section (2) of section 27, of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education Act, 1963 (West Ben. Act V of 1963) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act) and in supersession of all earlier notifications on the subject-matter, is hereby published for the information of persons likely to be affected thereby.
The draft will be taken into consideration on or after the expiry of a period of thirty days from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette and any objection or suggestion with respect thereto, which may be received by the undersigned before the said date, shall be duly considered:-
1. Short title and commencement
These rules may be called the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (Requirement of Verification of Antecedents and Examination of Medical Fitness for Confirmation in the Posts of Teachers and Non-teaching Staff) Rules, 2017.
(2) They shall come into force from the date of their publication in the Kolkata Gazette.
In these rules, unless there is anything repugnant to the context,-
(a) “Institution” means an institution as defined in clause (c) of section 2 of the said Act;
(b) “Teacher” means an Assistant Teacher or any other person appointed to a teaching post in a Government Aided or Government Sponsored Institution on the recommendation of West Bengal School Service Commission;
(c) “Non-Teaching Employee” includes a Librarian, Clerk, or any Group D employee, other than a Teacher, of an Institution.
(2) Words and expressions used and not defined in these rules, but defined in the Act, shall have the same meanings as respectively assigned to them in the said Act.
3. Police verification report
(1) Before confirmation in the post of a Teacher or non-Teaching employee, the appointing authority should verify the character and antecedents of the concerned Teacher or non-Teaching employee through the Superintendent of Police or Commissioner of Police of the Commissionerate in case of district and through the Joint Commissioner of Police, Special Branch, Kolkata, in case of Kolkata.
(2) After a Teacher or non-Teaching employee joins his or her post, the appointing authority should obtain from him or her duly filled in Verification Roll in Form -1 and send it to the respective police authorities for verification.
(3) The verification report shall be considered by the appointing authority before confirmation of service of the concerned Teacher or non-Teaching employee.
4. Medical Certificate of fitness
The appointing authority shall obtain the medical certificate of fitness in the format mentioned in Form – II in respect of Teacher or non-Teaching employee issued from the District Medical Officer or such other medical officers below the District Medical Officers as the State Government may, by order, prescribe from time to time, or from the Presidency Surgeons as are specially authorised to grant such certificates.
5. Termination of appointment
If the Police Verification Report or Medical report of the candidate is not satisfactory, the appointment in respect of the Teacher or non-Teaching employee shall be liable to be terminated by the appointing authority.
6. Recording in Service Book
The Head of the Institution shall record the satisfactory Police Verification Report and Medical report in the Service Book of the concerned Teacher or non-Teaching Staff.
7. Appointment letter
The appointment letter issued by the Board shall contain the condition that the appointment is subject to the satisfactory Police Verification Report and Medical Examination Report of the competent authority.
8. Fees for Medical examination
The fees for the Medical examination shall be borne by the candidate himself.
By order of the Governor,
Principal Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
No. 986-SE dated 10.11.2017, Source