Posting and Transfer Policy of Nursing Personnel in West Bengal
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
GN-29, SECTOR – V, SALT LAKE
KOLKATA – 700 091
No. HF/O/GA(Ng.)125/HNG/6A-1-2009/Pt.III Dated: Kolkata, the 22nd October, 2013
From: The Joint Secretary to the Government of West Bengal.
To: The Director of Health Services, West Bengal.
Sub: Guidelines for posting and transfer of Nursing Personnel belonging to Gr. II, Gr. I(ii), Gr.I(i)b & Gr.I(i)a under West Bengal Nursing Services/ West Bengal General Services posts.
The undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to say that the Governor has been pleased to prescribe in supersession of all previous orders on the subject mentioned above the following guidelines to be followed in the matter of posting and transfer of the Nursing Personnel belonging to the West Bengal Nursing Service and West Bengal General Service.
1) For considering transfer and posting of the Nursing Offices belonging to West Bengal Nursing Service/ West Bengal General Service, the State of West Bengal shall be divided into 4 zones as detailed below:
(a) Zone – I: All six districts of North Bengal i.e., Darjeeling, Uttar Dinajpur, Dakshin Dinajpur, Cooch Behar, Jalpaiguri and Malda, District of Purulia, Jhargram Sub-Division of Paschim Medinipur, Khatra Sub-Division of Bankura and Jangipur Sub-Division of Murshidabad District will come under Zone-I. Apart from the districts and sub-divisions mentioned above, some blocks will also be included in Zone-I, viz, Saranga in the District of Bankura, Sugar, Gosaba and Patharpratima in the District of South 24-Parganas and, Sandeshkhali-II and Hingal Gnnj in the District of North 24-Parganas.
(b) Zone – II: This zone will comprise of the Districts of Bankura except Khatra Sub-Division and Sarenga Block, Purba Medinipur except Tamluk District Hospital, Paschim Medinipur except Jhargram Sub-Division and Medinipur Medical College & Hospital and Murshidabad except Jangipur Sub-Division.
(c) Zone – III: This zone will comprise of the districts of Burdwan, Birbhum, Nadia (except Kolkata Metropolitan Area), Hooghly (except Kolkata Metropolitan Area), Tamluk District Hospital, Medinipur Medical College & Hospital, Howrah (except Kolkata Metropolitan Area) and the districts of North 24 Parganas and South 24 Parganas except the Blocks included in Zone – I. In this case, Kolkata Metropolitan Area will mean the area under the jurisdiction of Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority.
(d) Zone – IV: Kolkata and Kolkata Metropolitan Area as defined above.
2) Transfer and posting of the nursing personnel belonging to West Bengal Nursing Service and West Bengal General Service will be considered on the basis of zonal division of the state as mentioned above.
3) At the time of appointment, all nursing personnel shall be posted at the District Hospitals, Sub-Divisional Hospitals, State General Hospitals or Speciality Care Units and continue for at least 3 years before consideration for transfer. This will be done on the basis of counseling of the selected candidates as per merit list prepared in the selection process.
4) After completing at least 3 years at the place of initial posting, the nursing personnel will be considered for transfer to zone-I, if her initial posting is in any zone other/than zone-I. If her initial posting is at zone-I she may be posted at zone-II.
5) After completing 3 years at zone-II the nursing personnel may be considered for transfer to zone-III.
6) Candidates willing to continue beyond 3 years in zone-I may be allowed to continue on administrative ground.
7) A nursing personnel will have to serve for at least six years in zone-I in one terms or more, in her entire service period, without counting the leave/ detailment period, if any.
8) She will have to serve for at least five years in zone-II in one term or more, without counting the leave/ detailment period, if any.
9) A candidate shall not be considered for promotion to Grade I(i)b or Grade I(i)a posts if conditions mentioned at (7) and (8) above are not fulfilled by her.
10) A candidate may be eligible for submitting a prayer for transfer only after three years of continue uninterrupted and satisfactory service at her place of posting, without counting the leave/ detailment period if any.
11) Candidates may apply for mutual transfer after two years of service at their respective place of posting, without counting the leave/ detailment period.
12) As far as practicable husband and wife employed under the Department of Health and Family Welfare may be considered for posting nearer to each other’s station (subject to availability of vacancy).
13) In case of ‘Differently Abled’ persons suitable posting may be considered depending on their abilities.
14) When the nursing personnel has only three years of service left for retirement on superannuation, she may be given preferential choice of posting (subject to availability of vacancy) where she may continue her service till the date of superannuation.
15) Transfer/posting prayer on medical grounds may be considered as special case in relaxation of normal rules, on the basis of views of Medical Board to be formed for the said purpose.
16) Transfer Posting orders in general should be issued in the month of January and July each year by which candidate should submit their application by May/November of the year. However, such orders may be issued in other months of the year on administrative ground.
Sd/- Joint Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal.
No. HF-125 dated 22.10.2013, Source
Health, Nursing, Transfer