GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
325, SARAT CHATTERJEE ROAD, NABANNA,
HOWRAH – 711102.
No. 1346-F(P2) Howrah, the 20th March, 2020
Sub: Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19
Because of unprecedented situation arising out of outbreak of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and apprehension of its spread through human contact, it has been felt necessary that gathering in public offices should be minimized as far as possible without affecting the delivery of essential public services.
At this juncture the following instructions are hereby issued :-
1) Daily attendance of Group ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ & ‘D’ employees in office except the offices providing essential/emergency services and those engaged in taking measures to combat COVID-19, should be reduced by 50%. In order to achieve this, the existing Human Resources (HR) should be put to duty on weekly rotation basis so that they attend office on alternate weeks. Heads of Department, Heads of Directorate, Heads of District Office/Regional Office will chalk out the roster accordingly ensuring that public services continue smoothly.
2) It should also be ensured that this arrangement does not disturb the work related to transfer of fund, clearing of bills etc. towards the closing of Financial Year continue uninterruptedly.
3) Officers and staff engaged in providing essential/emergency services and those who will not be put to roster duty in combating COVID-19, will be given Compensatory Casual Leave(CCL) to be availed after the Puja Holidays this year.
4) The officials who would not attend office due to introduction of such roster, shall be advised to make themselves available on telephone and electronic means of communication at all times. They should attend office if called for in the exigency of work.
5) All office premises shall be properly cleaned and sanitized regularly. At the entry of office premises at the Biometric Attendance spot hand sanitizers shall be placed and everybody be advised to take sanitizers before taking entry into the office premises. They may also be advised to practice hand washing frequently while in office.
6) Entry of visitors should be discouraged as far as possible. Where it is necessary to allow the visitor into the office premises, he/she should be screened and sanitized before taking the entry.
7) Holding of meetings and social gatherings should be discouraged as far as possible. Instead, meetings should be done through Video Conferencing.
8) Receiving of physical files should be minimized and working through e-files should be emphasized.
9) Officials at all levels should take care of their personal health and hygiene including the members of their family and in case of any trouble, take medical consultation without any delay.
10) The arrangements as delineated above will be applicable to the employees of State-owned Boards, Corporations, Undertakings etc.
This arrangement will continue upto 31st March, 2020.
Sd/-H. K. Dwivedi
Additional Chief Secretary
No. 1346-F dated 20.03.2020, Source