Registration into D.El.Ed of Primary Teachers with B.Ed
Published in School Education. Tags: B. Ed, D. El. Ed.
Government of West Bengal
Department of School Education
No. 264-SSE/17 Dated: 21.11.2017
1. The District Inspector of Schools (SE) …. All Districts
2. The District Inspector of Schools (PE) …. All Districts
3. The District Project Officer, SSM …. All Districts
Sub: To ensure registration into the “Certificate in Professional Development Programme for Elementary Teachers (PDPET)” (Six Month D El Ed Bridge Course) for Primary School Teachers with B Ed
This is to inform you that as per the report on 20.11.2017, only 3505 Primary Teachers who have B Ed, have registered themselves for Six Month Bridge Course: “Certificate in Professional Development Programme for Elementary Teachers (PDPET) – (6 months D. El. Ed. Bridge course). The number is a matter of worry to the State.
The Eligibility Criteria for the Course are:-
- The Teacher should be an in-service elementary teacher.
- The Teacher should be Graduate with B.Ed. from NCTE approved institution.
- The Teacher should be teaching at Primary level (Class 1st to 5th)
- The Teacher should be teaching in schools as defined under Section 2 (n) of the RTE Act 2009 and recruited as per RTE Act 2009
Therefore, you are requested to inform and instruct the heads of the Government/ Government Sponsored/ Government Aided/ Self-financed Unaided Institutions in your district accordingly, so that they motivate and permit all such un-registered teachers of their respective schools/ institutions for registration into the said course by 30th November, 2017.
As per the order of the MHRD, dated 03.08.2017, D El Ed Training is mandatory for untrained teachers, teaching in classes I-VIII and Six-Month Course is mandatory for teachers, teaching in classes I-V with B Ed Training.
Sd/- Principal Secretary
No. 264-SSE dated 21.11.2017, Source