- This topic is empty.
September 26, 2012 at 8:24 pm #67923AnonymousGuest
Dear Admin & Members I want to know 1.What is the Duties and Responsibilities of Academic council in a secondary school? 2.Is there any G.O regarding this matter? 3.What can the academic council members do if the H.M rejects their decision? 3.Routine work, exam duty chart preparation work, M.P & H.S duty chart preparation etc. are the duties of academic council? 4.If the academic council members reigns what will be the result on M.C?September 27, 2012 at 3:11 pm #74532AnonymousGuest
1) The Committee of each institution shall constitute an Academic Council composed of the Head of the Institution, the Assistant Headmaster or Assistant Headmistress , if there be any ,as the may be , and not more than 3 members elected from amongst the members of the teaching staff including the Librarian AND THE ASST.LIBRARIAN where there is one ,working against sanctioned posts or sanctioned additional posts for not less than two years.
2) The H.M. will be the President and Assistant Headmaster or Assistant Headmistress will be the Secretary of the said council. Where there is no Assistant Headmaster or Assistant Headmistress, one from amongst the elected members shall be elected Secretary of the Academic Council. In case of any causal vacancy, it shall be filled by the election at a meeting convened for the purpose and the H.M. shall preside over the meeting.
3) If the school is Higher Secondary recognised by W.B.C.H.S.E. the total numbers of the members of the Academic Council does not exceed 5 (five).
4) After the construction of the new M.C. the H.M. shall convene a meeting within one month from the first meeting of the newly constructed M.C. and the teacher-members including librarian /asstt.librarian ,the Academic Council shall be elected in that meeting. The Head of the institution shall convene the meeting once in every two months in an academic years.
5) The council may discuss matters connected with (a) admission,(b) promotion, (c)selection of books,(d) time table of school hours and (e)matter related to the improvement of teaching and co-curricular activities.The H.M. shall ordinarily, be guided by the advice of the council. But the H.M. may for reasons to be recorded in writing OVER-RULE the advice of the council.If any member of the council who may be in disagreement with the decision taken by the H.M. may refer the matter to the M.C.,whose decision thereon shall be final. Selection of the books shall be final with the consultation of the subject teachers. In selecting books, should exercise with great care and a book prescribed, allowed to continue at least for 3 years, unless there are complling reasons for a change.
Thank you.September 28, 2012 at 8:23 pm #74555AnonymousGuest
Thank you mihiracharya for your valuable information. But I want to know more information in this regard like 1. what will happen if any member of the academic council other than the Assistant H.M resigns from the council? 2. What is the procedure of resignation and to whom the resignation letter to be submitted? 3. If there is any rule when the H.M and Asst. H.M refuse to take any regular teaching class by rejecting the decision of the council and what should be done in this situation? Again thanks a lot.September 29, 2012 at 12:52 pm #74560AnonymousGuest
1) In case of any causal vacancy, it shall be filled by the election at a meeting convened for the purpose and the H.M. shall preside over the meeting.( this causal vacancy may occurred by RESIGNATION).
2) Resignation should be submitted to the President (H.M.) of the council.
3) If there is a genuine and emergency cause to take the respective classes (number of classes) due to urgent work load of the H.M./A.H.M should be overcome by the provisional class routine. But if it is a practice,then it may bring to the notice of the M.C and then to the A.I.Schools/ D.I. of Schools.
*** Dear friend,
It is a great problem to many of our schools running in our state. There is nothing to do as an asstt. teacher.
Thank you.September 29, 2012 at 7:19 pm #74575AnonymousGuest
Thanks a lot @ Mihiracharya. What you said is very true but we can protest this kind of unjust activities of H.M.October 19, 2012 at 1:51 pm #74860AnonymousGuest
Is there any G.O. on this matter?October 21, 2012 at 9:19 pm #74896AnonymousGuest
You will find in “Rules for Management of Recognised Non-Government Institution (Aided and Unaided)1969. It has been modified from time to time. You may find it in Head master Manual.
Thank you.October 22, 2012 at 5:42 am #74898AnonymousGuest
[USER=1357]@saij[/USER]: The following links may be helpful.April 8, 2013 at 6:16 am #77676AnonymousGuest
Who is to write the minutes of the Academic Council meetings?April 8, 2013 at 11:56 am #77682AnonymousGuest
Normally the AHM, the secretary of the Academic Council. If there is no AHM then it may be by the H.M, the President of the academic council. But in manual no such rule is mention.July 3, 2018 at 12:20 pm #82873AnonymousGuest
Is it against rules that there is a librarian but he is not a member of the academic council? Only teachers including the headmaster are amongst the members of the council.July 6, 2018 at 2:36 pm #82888AnonymousGuest
There is no bar to select a member of academic council as librarian. A librarian may be selected as a member of academic council.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.