I hope this is the right section to post this question, if not, I would request the moderators to move it the appropriate section.
1. How to apply for the family pension for the wife of the deceased pensioner? The pensioner retired in July 2001.
2. As the death occurred before the pensioner could complete 75th year (about 3 weeks earlier), what would be the calculation for family pension? The pensioner commuted the maximum possible amount, so after July 2016, will there be any benefit for the family pensioner?
I hope I have stated my questions clearly. If any more information is required, I would be happy to provide.
Thank you in advance.
1) In the PPO, the joint photo of husband and wife are fixed, and indicated the amount of family pension. After the death of pensioner, the spouse may apply to the concerned treasury officer with an application including the PPO and Death Certificate.
2) If there is no mentioned the amount of family pension and not fixed the joint photo in the PPO, then the spouse may contact with the Officer who recommended the pension, in case of school, the spouse may consult with the concern D.I. of Schools through School.
3) Concerned officer newly sends proposal with the service book of pensioner to the DPPG. New PPO will be ready by the DPPG and this will be sent to the treasury. Then the alive spouse will get the pension from Treasury.
Thank you for your reply. There is a joint photo fixed on the PPO, though I am not sure whether family pension amount is written there. How long does it take to start the family pension, provided all the papers are in order?