Constitute of The West Bengal Group-D Recruitment BoardSeptember 25, 2021
Government of West Bengal
Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department
State Secretariat, NABANNA, 7th Floor,
325, Sarat Chatterjee Road, Howrah – 711 02.
No. 1924/HR/N/G8P-153/15 Howrah, the 17th November, 2015.
WHEREAS it has been made to appear to the Governor that different offices of the Government of West Bengal have been suffering very badly due to an acute shortage of Group-D staff;
AND WHEREAS it has been further made to appear to the Governor that after careful consideration the Cabinet has taken a decision on 14.10.2015 to recruit 60,000 Group-‘D’ personnel against the vacant sanctioned posts available in the various offices of the Government of West Bengal;
AND WHEREAS the recruitment of Group-D staff is presently not being done by the Public Service Commission, West Bengal and also by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission;
NOW, THEREFORE, the Governor is pleased hereby to constitute a Board, namely, “The West Bengal Group-D Recruitment Board”, which will function as an attached office of Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department, Government of West Bengal, for recruitment of Group-D personnel, in phases, or on a continuing basis, in the manner as detailed mentioned below:-
(1) The Board shall comprise of-
The Board shall have a Chairperson who is either a serving or retired IAS Officer in the rank of the Additional Chief Secretary or the Principal Secretary to the Government of West Bengal;
(b) Other Board Members:
The Board shall have 5 (five) other members who are either serving or retired Government officers in the rank of the Special Secretary or the Joint Secretary to the Government of West Bengal:
Provided that the tenure of the Chairperson and other Board Members shall be initially up to the age of 63 years which may be extended by the State Government up to the age of 65 years;
(c) Secretary of the Board :
There shall be 1 (one) post of Secretary of the Board to be filled up from amongst the State Government Officers in the pay band 4B with grade pay of Rs. 7,600 or above.
(d) Deputy Secretary of the Board :
There shall be l (one) post of Deputy Secretary to be filled up from amongst the State Government officers in the pay band 4A with grade pay of Rs. 6,600 or above;
(e) Other officers & Staff of the Board :
Other officers and staff of the Board shall be-
(i) Accounts Officer (from the WB Audit & Accounts Service) – 1
(ii) Manager Database (in the Pay Band- 4 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4,400/-) – 1
(iii) Upper Division Assistant – 2
(iv) Lower Division Assistant – 2
(v) Stenographer – cum- P. A – 5
(vi) Data Entry Operator – 5
(vii) Support Staff (Group-D) – 10
(2) Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department may move for the creation of new posts as mentioned in paragraphs (i) to (v) for the establishment and proper functioning of the West Bengal Group-D Recruitment Board. The Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department will place suitable Officers and Staff to the Board from amongst the available pool of Officers and Staff with the State Government. In case of non-availability of suitable Officers and Staff, the shortfall shall be met by Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department by engagement of personnel from the open market on contractual basis with the prior concurrence of the Finance Department, Government of West Bengal.
(3) The West Bengal Group – D Recruitment Board shall be responsible for selecting and recommending candidates for direct recruitment to group D posts via a transparent mechanism. The selection of the Group-D personnel shall be made as per recruitment rules notified by the Finance Department from time to time. The Board shall submit a list of Group-D staff, so recommended to the Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department which will, thereafter, send the panel to different offices for appointment as per requirements of the offices vis-a-vis their sanctioned posts.
(4) If the State Government is of the opinion that the said Board has failed to discharge its function properly, the State Government in the Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department may, by an order to be published in Kolkata Gazette and stating the reason(s) thereof, dissolve the Board with effect from such date as may be specified in the order and establish an interim mechanism to discharge the functions of the Board.
(5) The State Government may, at any time after the dissolution of the Board, re-constitute the Board in accordance with the provision of this resolution. The Board shall, on reconstitution, start functioning with an immediate effect and shall continue until further order.
(6) The location of the office of “The West Bengal Group-D Recruitment Board” and other details shall be notified by the Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department in due course.
The Finance Department has accorded concurrence in respect of the above proposal vide their U.O. No. Group P 2/2015-2016/0242 dated 04/08/2015].
The Public Service Commission West Bengal has issued “No-Objection” regarding delinking of recruitment to the post of Group-D from the purview of the said Commission.
The Finance Department has issued notification regarding delinking of recruitment to the post of Group-D from the purview of the Public Service Commission, West Bengal [Vide No: 7106-F(P), dated 28th September, 2015 of the Finance Department (Audit branch)]
The Law Department, Government of West Bengal has concurred with the above proposal on 05/08/2015.
This Resolution is issued with the decision taken in Cabinet held on the 14th October, 2015.
By order of the Governor,
Sd/- Manoj Kumar Agarwal
Principal Secy. to the Govt. of West Bengal,
Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department.
No. 1924/HR dated 17.11.2015