West Bengal Irrigation (Imposition of Water Rate) Act, 1958
West Bengal Act XXVI of 1958
West Bengal Irrigation (Imposition of Water Rate for Damodar Valley Corporation Water) Act, 1958
An Act to provide for the imposition of a water rate in areas in Bengal where water supplied by the Damodar Valley Corporation is available for irrigation and certain matters ancillary thereto and connected therewith.
- Short title, commencement and application
- Act to override other laws
- Imposition of water rate
- Liability for payment of the water rate
- Free passage of water for irrigation or drainage to be afforded through or over all lands
- Penalty for diversion of normal flow of canal water by obstruction etc.
- Arrears of water rate to be recoverable as public demands
- Proceeds of water rate to be distributed between the State Government and the Corporation
- Power to make rules
Download: West Bengal Irrigation Act, 1958Irrigation & Waterways, DVC