West Bengal Act XXVI of 1958
West Bengal Irrigation (Imposition of Water Rate for Damodar Valley Corporation Water) Act, 1958
An Act to provide for the imposition of a water rate in areas in Bengal where water supplied by the Damodar Valley Corporation is available for irrigation and certain matters ancillary thereto and connected therewith.
- Short title, commencement and application
- Act to override other laws
- Imposition of water rate
- Liability for payment of the water rate
- Free passage of water for irrigation or drainage to be afforded through or over all lands
- Penalty for diversion of normal flow of canal water by obstruction etc.
- Arrears of water rate to be recoverable as public demands
- Proceeds of water rate to be distributed between the State Government and the Corporation
- Power to make rules
Download: West Bengal Irrigation Act, 1958