Enrollment under Health Scheme Extended

The existing and retired Govt. employees who have not yet enrolled their names under the health scheme may be allowed to enroll their names within 31.03.12.

Government of West Bengal
Finance Department
Audit Branch

No. 8435-F(MED), dated 29.08.2011

NOTIFICATION

The existing and retired State Government Employees are getting the benefits of the West Bengal Health Scheme, 2008 w.e.f. 01-06-2009 and enrollment under the scheme was open up to 31-12-2010. Now the Governor is pleased to order that the existing and retired Government employees who have not yet enrolled their names under the health scheme may be allowed to enroll their names during the period from 01.09.2011 to 31.03.2012 following provisions of the Scheme.

2. The existing and retired Government Employees who are not enrolling their names under the West Bengal Health Scheme, 2008 by 31.03.2012 shall not be eligible to get the benefits of the Scheme in future.

3. New entrant into Government Service shall, however, be allowed to exercise option and complete enrollment under the Scheme within two years of their appointment in Government Service.

4. An existing or retired employee enrolled under the West Bengal Health Scheme, 2008 shall not be eligible to be enrolled again if he / she opts out of the scheme for whats ever reason.

By Order of the Governor

Sd/- C.M. Bachhawat
Principal Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal

No. 8435-F dated 29.08.2011

Update: Extension of Time Period upto 31.03.2015 for Enrolment under WBHS

Comments

1. says

Wife or Husband is one family member in relation to an employee under West Bengal Health Scheme. Medical benefit is extended to the employee as well as to the family members. If a Govt. employee is enrolled under this Scheme the wife / husband of that employee is one beneficialry; no matter she / he is working or not. If working to a Govt. / Govt. Aided School M.A. is admissible to her /him.

2. says

3: As per Rule 14.1 of Agreement of West Bengal Health Scheme 2008, "All bills and papers related to the beneficiaries treatment shall be handed over in original along with the necessary counter signatures by the authorised persons."
    As per Rule 15.1, "If any dispute or difference of any kind whatsoever (the decision whereof is not herein otherwise provided for) shall arise between the Authority of the WBHS 2008 and the Hospital / Diagnostic Centre upon or in relation to or in connection with or arising out of the Agreement, shall be referred to for arbitration by the Director of Medical Education, West Bengal, who shall give written award of his decision to the Parties. The decision of the Director of Medical Education, West Bengal shall be final and binding. The provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (26 of 1996) shall apply to the arbitration proceedings. The venue of the arbitration proceedings shall be at Kolkata."

So just start a discussion with the Nursing Home authority that you are going to act as per the said rule and going to take legal action. Always keep received copy of your application as a proof.
    By the by, you may also contact Medical Cell at Writer’s Buildings for necessary guidance in this regard. Enter Writer’s Buildings through Gate No. 1, and then at the Ground Floor you can find ‘Medical Cell’.

3. says

4: A State Govt. Pensioner/ family pensioner seeking enrolment under the West Bengal Health Scheme, 2008 shall exercise option in Form No-I in duplicate along with an undertaking that upon enrolment under the Scheme such Pensioner/ Family pensioner shall forgo the regular medical relief drawn along with monthly pension.
    The option shall be submitted to the Pension Sanctioning Authority. The Pension Sanctioning Authority after scrutinizing the option exercised by the pensioner shall issue a certificate of enrolment in Form-II in favour of the Pensioner/ Family pensioner to be effective from the first day of the month following the month in which the certificate is issued.
    The Pension Sanctioning Authority shall send one copy of the certificate to the concerned Pay and Accounts Office/ Treasury with a direction to discontinue the drawal of regular medical relief with effect from the first day of the month following the month in which the certificate is issued.
    For relevant orders and necessary Forms please follow the link to download.

4. says

18: 1) No. As mother gets family pension above Rs. 3500/ p.m., she will not be considered as a dependent family member.
    2) She is not eligible to enter into WBHS Scheme. Please verify with the latest order for Pensioner here.

5. says

18: 1) Younger brother is not considered as family member. However Govt. considered and decided that younger brother may be a family member in some special circumstances, e.g. must reside with you. etc.
    3) Sure. You can add or delete the name of beneficiaries at any time.

6. says

21: I am extremely sorry, I overlooked relevant facts what you had mentioned. Accordingly I over simplified and made wrong comments in 19(2).
    She may independently enter into the Health Scheme within 31.03.2012. But she can not be considered as dependent on you. I apologize once again for my mistake. If you need further talking with me please comment / ask to call and i will call you.

7. asim kumar adhikary says

I was enrolled the w.b.h.scheme in the year2009.But I opt out2009 last.Requesting issue a G.O.for fresh enrollment in this scheme .

8. asim kumar adhikary says

I am a WB Govt. Agriculture employee. I was enrolled in this w.b.h.scheme in the year 2009 3rd month. Some prob. arise to reimburse the treatment amount. For this reason I have opt-out from this scheme. But day after day G.O. has been modified. In this reason I am requesting to the Govt. of W.B. that please issue a fresh G.O. for again enrollment, who are opted-out. I am now verge of retirement. Diff. illness is arising. I shall be obliged.

9. A K Chatterjee says

If I have had treated my ailments at Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai for Kidney related problems which had a Stage II malignant tumor in a case of unitary kidney & underwent partial nephrectomy , can i get permission to continue follow up treatment there. The ailment was being treated before my entry in to the WBHS’2008 and i have to followup mandatory checkup every year there

10. Swapan kumar Das says

I am a work-charged employee Under office of the Special Engineer, salt lake Reclamation & Dev. circle, Sech Bhavan, kol-91. Govt.of West Bengal, I serving in that office since April’1990. My M.A. had been deducted from 2010 to Onwards and Health Scheme Card issued in favour of me from respective Authority. But very unfortunately I Known from our officer , they said no provision to entitled this WBHS’08. So that please give me a proper information about wbhs’08 which can I get said scheme. Also informed it is not a Casual Job. ( No work No Pay). Pure Permanent employee equivalent to Regular Establishment.

11. Pradip Kumar Bhattacharyay says

I am retired on 31.01.2012 . During my service in Irrigation&waterways department.W.B I have enrolled in health scheme since 2010 . Now I want to continue the said Health Scheme.
    So I would requested to issue such G.O that a Govt. employee who enrolled in health scheme during his/her service period may continued after retirement till cancellation of his/her option.
    This G.O will be helpful for all Govt. employee.

• Amit Sarkar says

Are employees of Panchayat Samiti eligible for west bengal health scheme? please send me the reply soon.

12. Deepak Sharma says

I & my mother are enrolled in WBHS2008.I got married recently so what can i do to enroll my wife’s name in the WBHS as she is dependent on me.Please do guide me.thank you.

13. Dr.sudhangsu mahali says

I HAVE JOINED WBHS AS A MEDICAL OFFICER IN MAY 2011. I AM MARRIED AND MY WIFE IS WORKING IN A SCHOOL AS A SSC TEACHER.I HAVE APPLIED FOR THE SAID SCHEME.MY QUESTION IS WHETHER MY WIFE WILL STILL BE ABLE TO GET HER MA

14. Aritra says

As per MEMO NO. 10734-F(MED), dated 18-11-2010 of FINANCE DEPTT., AUDIT BRANCH, MEDICAL CELL, GOVT. OF WEST BENGAL may a pensioner whose monthly basic pension below Rs. 3500 , be enrolled into the West Bengal Health Scheme 2008 as dependent ?

15. dr.Pwangdi sherpa says

I have applied for WBHS, my wife is also a govt. employee , but she had not opted for the said scheme, Will she get the benefit of Health Scheme as my wife? If not what is the procedure to enrolled in the health scheme now?

16. Subodh Mridha says

I am an employee of panchayat samity, matigara, darjeelng .Can get the facilities of the health scheme of west bengal government ?

17. debaditya says

to
    the admin of this site.

Sir, If this site is dedicated to all the people of west bengal, then why teachers are not getting priority in this site.i have watched through this topic that some teachers are asking whether govt. aided school teachers are included or not in WBHS.but there is no response from you.If you really dont know the information, please reply them clearly, otherwise guide them how to get the correct information because I think teachers are the makers of this nation but they are not getting the proper priority from govt.I’m writing this because I’m also teacher, I can feel the pain.. thanks.

• says

Depending upon the G.O.s published so far about WBHS, it is only applicable for State Govt. Employees. This is an administrative decision whether who will come under the purview of this Scheme. Sorry, I can not guide, how to avail this facility by Teachers. This site is only meant for providing G.O.s at your fingertips. No question arises regarding giving priority to a particular class. I am also an employee of this State trying to provide these information only in my spare time.

18. Arati Bej says

My husband excercised option for WBHS2008 on Nov-2011 but expired on 01.01.2012 . Now the Calcutta Police ( Lalbazar medical cell ) has denied me to issue the medical card as a family pensioner.They ( Lalbazar medical cell ) asking me fresh option for inclusion in WBHS-2008 when it will be opened again for enrolement .Please help me

19. Sourav Ghosh says

Sir, my father working in Asansol Municipal Corporation and he will retire on April-2013. Can he entitle his name under WBHS2008 scheme ?

20. Sibnath Datta says

WBHS-Empaneled Nursing home Doctor’s diagnosis for my ailment was “non specific chest pain” but it has no code no. in the list of rates under WBHS-2008, hence Treasury Officer raised objection in my medical reimbursement bill. Now what should i do?

21. Imayan says

How about those pensoners living outside the states ?
    What are the facilities/ benefit for them under this Scheme ?
    Can they go to West Bengal govt. recognised Hospitals like Appollo / Sankar Netralaya directly
    for indoor / outdoor patient treatment ?
    Pl. advice

22. Imayan says

What are the facilities available for retired members of AIS residing in Chennai,Bangalore, Hyderabad etc. ?
    How do they avail the treatment in their resident stations ?

23. anindya bhattacharyya says

i’m an employee of west bengal police in the rank of sub-inspector and married( housewife ) and have one daughter and one son. my mother is a pension holder. i’m presently carrying on with genins medical insurance policy but not satisfied with that. i want to get enrolled in this scheme.

kindly help me by showing the way.

24. Siddhartha Saha says

If one spouse is working in Central Govt. and other spouse is working in state Govt. aided school of W.B. under receipt of Rs 300/- Medical allowances per month in salary.
    In case, the other spouse want to avail the Medical facility by Central Government, then the spouse has to submit the Medical allowances in salary from school/D.I. office and has to obtain a certificate that he/she is not taking Medical Allowances.
    What is the procedure for doing this? Who is the authority to Issue such certificate?
    Please clarify

25. Md Jahangir Sk says

I am a beneficiaries of W.B.H. S-2008 , my mother is pension holder , deduction of medical allowance and my grandmother is widow and dependable . question No.1. whether unemployed grandmother may be included with in the facility of W.B.H.Scheme of the entombment ? .

26. Khokan Ghosh says

Pls. send me the last of enrolment under west bengal health scheme 2008. So far as i know the last date of enrolment is 31.03.12
    Is it not extended?

27. CHITTA rANJAN DAS says

I was enlisted WB health scheme2008.Now I shall not hearing properly.So one Hearing
    machine require.you help me the proper procedure and any recently Gazet about purchase
    of Hearing Aid.
    chitta 21/06/2013 19:45:12

28. Summit Samadder says

A Govt. employee who is already enrolled into WBHS’08 wants to include some dependent members ( for e.g.mother/Unmarried sister) as they were not previously included. Are they entitled to do that? please state.

• Arindam Sengupta says

I am an enrolled member under the West Bengal Health Scheme, 2008. I want to include the name of my newly born daughter as beneficiary. Shall I be issued a fresh Certificate of Enrollment (Form B) cancelling the previous certificate? What will be the serial number of my new I.D. Card?

• pulak bandhu ghosh says

29. DEBASIS DASGUPTA says

My father retired at 1995 from tcnical edu depr , is he now eligible under w.b.health scheme ,where i will contact?

30. Bhudeb Nath Banerjee says

Hello, I just came to know about the West Bengal Health Scheme, I am a retired employee. It will be good to know the following

1. How can I register for this scheme
    2.Where are the forms available
    3.Where do I need to submit the forms
    4. Is it possible to register online
    5.Is there a last date for registration

31. sun says

Laproscopic Cholecystectomy(gall bladder stone) done in Class-I Hospital.But biopsy (HPI) done in WBHS non enlisted laboratory.This test not done this class-I hospital.This Biopsy bill whether claimed or not claimed?kindly inform

32. ARINDAM MISRA says

Hello, I just came to know about the West Bengal Health Scheme, I am an employee. It will be good to know the following

1. How can I register for this scheme