Acceptance of Life Certificates submitted through Messenger/ Post
Published in Finance Tags: Family Pension, Pension
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
Finance Department (Pension Branch)
Writers’ Buildings, Block-IV, 2nd Floor Kolkata – 700 001
No. 400-F (Pen) Dated, 18th November, 2020
Subject: Acceptance of duly filled and Certified Life Certificates to be submitted by the Pensioners/ Family Pensioners to the Bank Branch through messengers
As per existing rules the Pensioners/ Family Pensioners are required to submit Life Certificates duly verified by authorised persons in the months of November every year to the pension disbursing Bank/ Treasuries. Life Certificates can also be submitted digitally using the Aadhar based Jeevan Praman application.
In the current pandemic situation it is expected that many Pensioners/ Family Pensioners would refrain themselves from visiting the Bank branches/ Treasuries for verification of Life Certificates by the Bank/ Treasury Officials and at the same time it may not be possible for them to submit their Life Certificates digitally using the Jeevan Praman application. It may be expected that a large number of Pensioners may submit Life Certificates duly verified by authorised persons, physically to the pension disbursing Bank branches/ Treasuries, through messengers/ post.
Consequent upon the above noted situation, all the Pension Disbursing Authorities are requested to accept the duly verified Life Certificates submitted through messenger/ post and should not insist upon the physical appearance of the Pensioners/ Family Pensioners in the Bank branches/ Treasuries. Arrangement of Drop Boxes or Special Counters for the submission of the duly verified Life Certificates by the messengers need to be made in all the pension disbursing Bank branches/ Treasuries.
List of officers/ persons authorised to verify the Life Certificates
- Group-‘A’ officers of Central/ State Government;
- Officers of Reserve Bank of India/ Public Sector Bank;
- Registrar or Sub-Registrar appointed under Indian Registration Act, 1908;
- Police Officer not below the rank of Sub-Inspector, in charge of a Police Station;
- Post Master/ Departmental Sub-Post Master/ Inspector of Post Office;
- Head of Gram Panchayet/ Panchayet Samity/ Zilla Prisad;
- Head of any Non-Government School/ College;
- Any Registered Medical Practitioner;
- M.P./ M.L.A./ Councillor/ Chairman of any Municipal Corporation and
- Managing Director/ Director/ Ex Director of any State or Central PSUs.
Sd /- S. Acharyya
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of West Bengal
No. 400-F dated 18.11.2020, Source