Who are authorized to Verify Life Certificates?
Published in Finance. Tags: Family Pension, Pension.
Government of West Bengal
Directorate of Treasuries and Accounts
8, Lyons Range, 3rd Floor, Kolkata-700 001
Fax: 2248-4742 e-mail: email@example.com
2243-8067, 2248-6163, 2248-3262, 2231-6080, 2262-1162
DT/O/10/C-15/833 Dated: 04/11/2020
Re: Acceptance of duly filled and Certified Life Certificates to be submitted by the Pensioners/ Family Pensioners to the Bank branches through messengers.
As per West Bengal Treasury Rule No. 4.171 (2) the Pensioners/ Family Pensioners are required to submit Life Certificates duly verified by authorized persons in the month of November every year to the pension disbursing Bank/ Treasuries. Life Certificates can also be submitted digitally using the Aadhar based Jeevan Praman application.
In the current pandemic situation it is expected that many Pensioners/ Family Pensioners would refrain themselves from visiting the Bank branches/ Treasuries for verification of Life Certificates by the Bank/ Treasury officials and at the same time it may not be possible for them to submit their Life Certificates digitally using the Jeevan Praman application. It may be expected that a large number of Pensioners may submit Life Certificates duly verified by authorized persons, physically to the pension disbursing Bank branches or Treasuries, through messengers/ post.
All pension disbursing Banks and Treasuries are requested to accept the duly verified Life certificates submitted through messengers/ post and should not insist upon the physical appearance of the Pensioner/ Family Pensioner in the Bank branch/ Treasury. Arrangement of Drop Boxes or Special Counters for submission of the duly verified Life Certificates by the messengers need to be made in all the pension disbursing Bank branches/ Treasuries.
List of officers/ persons authorized to verify Life Certificates as per WBTR 4.171 (2):
- Gazette officers of Central/ State Government.
- Officers of Reserve bank of India/ Public Sector Banks.
- Registrar or Sub Registrar appointed under Indian registration Act 1908.
- Police Officer not below the rank of Sub-Inspector, in charge of a Police Station.
- Post Master/ Departmental Sub Post Master / Inspector of Post Offices.
- Head of Gram Panchayet/ Panchayet Samity/ Zilla Parishad.
- Head of any Non Government School/ College.
- Any Registered Medical Practitioner.
- M.P./ M.L.A./ Councilor/ Chairman of any Municipality or Municipal Corporation.
- Managing Director/ Director/ Exe. Director of any State or Central PSUs.
Joint Director of Treasuries & Accounts West Bengal
DT/O/10/C-15/833 dated 04.11.2020, Source