All India Quota PG Medical/Dental Seats, 2015 – Counselling
Government of West Bengal
Directorate of Medical Education
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Swasthya Bhawan, Salt Lake
Block – GN, 29; Sector: V, Kolkata: 700091.
Memo No. DME/Spl/Corresp/36/2015 Dated 04.03.2015
Regarding online admission of the eligible candidates through All India Quota PG Medical /Dental seats in the state of West Bengal, 2015 the Principals/Deans/Directors of the concerned institutions are hereby requested to observe the underlying points for smooth conduct of the counseling and admission process:-
1. One of the following photo identity cards mentioned here in original (EPIC/ AADHAR/ PASSPORT/ DRIVING LICENSE/ PAN) must be verified with the name of the candidate who comes for online admission in the concerned institute.
2. Regarding certificates of reservation (SC/ST/OBC) – It should be in Hindi/English and in the format mentioned in the prospectus of AIPGMEE 2014 with sub caste clearly mentioned and issued by the competent authority. The OBC candidate should not belong to creamy layer. The OBC certificate issued prior to November 2013 will require income certificate of the parents stating that income of the parents did not cross Rs 6 lakhs per annum without which the candidates will not be admitted in the OBC category. Admission in reservation categories will be “provisional” subjected to verification of the caste certificates (SC/ST/OBC) from the competent authority in the State of West Bengal. After verification of the caste certificates admission in the reservation categories will be final.
3. For Physically Handicapped (PH) category – Orthopedically handicapped of lower limb of 50 to 70 % is primarily considered for admission in PH category and if such candidate is not available, handicappedness of 40 to less than 50 % of the same category is considered. In all cases, only four Medical Colleges (as mentioned in the website www.mcc.nic.in ) throughout the country are authorized to endorse/verify the certificate of PH candidates. In West Bengal, IPGME&R is the sole authorized institute to verify the PH certificate.
4. Regarding deposit of fees during admission and refund of fees during up gradation or release – There are instances that the candidates are upgraded in 2nd & 3rd round of counseling for All India Quota seats as well as State quota seats. In that case, the caution money and the tuition fees are to be returned after keeping the admission fees in favor of the colleges. In case, college authorities have no such facilities for refund the fees through cheque/cash, they may collect the tuition fees and caution money in the form of bank draft and admission fees in cash. In that case, if the candidates change the college or resign from the counseling procedure after admission, the draft may be returned to him or her. After the completion of admission process in the final round of All India quota counseling or State quota counseling as the case may be, there should not be any refund of fees.
5. Original documents to be taken by the college from the candidates during admission are:-
a) MBBS/BDS Degree certificate except for those who passed from WBUHS in 2014.
b) 3rd Prof. Part – II mark sheets.
c) Registration Certificate of West Bengal Medical Council/ Medical Council of India/ Other State Councils/ West Bengal Dental Council of India and Other Dental Councils (as the case may be).
After receiving the original documents, college authorities will furnish a receipt mentioning the documents taken by the college. No college will admit the candidates without the original documents. Colleges must ensure that candidates get the documents without delay when he/ she seek for release. But such documents will not be handed over after completion of the admission in third counseling is over till further order, except the candidates who would resign from the course with submission of necessary fees.
For candidates seeking admission in the reserved seats, the caste certificates in original must also be taken by the colleges for verification from the requisite authority after the final round of counseling. Once verified the original caste certificates must be returned to the candidates at the earliest and a photocopy of the same must be kept in the respective colleges.
6. Discontinuation and indemnity Bond – “Open” Category candidates of both All India Quota and State Quota have to furnish a bond typed on non-judicial stamp paper of minimum Rs. 20/- with enclosed demi paper if required. As the candidate may get up gradation from one college to another, he or she will furnish the bonds after completion of the admission process of the final round of counseling in All India Quota and State Quota (as the case may be) where he or she finally joins, within 1 week of joining.
For In-service category candidates, bond will be furnished at the time of getting TR. Such amount of bond to be furnished, number of years to serve for PG Degree and PG Diploma candidates are mentioned in clause no. 4 of “The West Bengal Public Health-cum-Administration Services, West Bengal Health Services and West Bengal Medical Education Services (Training & Placement) Reservation Rules 2008“.
Sd/- Director of Medical and Ex-Officio Secretary
No. DME-36 dated 04.03.2015, Source