The main function of Environment Department is the prevention and control of pollution of air, water and land. This deptt. is concerned with the policies and schemes relating to environment.
- West Bengal Prevention and Control of Water Pollution (Procedure for Immersion of Idol after Pujas) Rules, 2018
Every puja committee who organises the festivals and makes the idols in pandals raised by it, shall be liable for violation of any of the provisions of these rule and the Board may impose penalty for such violation in accordance with the provisions of rule 11.
- Prevention and Control of Pollution in Poultry Units
Guidelines for management of waste and pollution generated from poultry, hatchery etc. in light of order of Tribunal for consideration and implementation in West Bengal.
- Notification for State Water Laboratory
State Laboratories and Institute notified as State Water Laboratory to carry out the functions entrusted to the State Water Laboratory under Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974.
- Amendment of West Bengal Biological Diversity Rules, 2005
Chairperson shall prepare annual report of Biodiversity Management Committee giving full account of its activities during the previous year and submit a copy to concerned local body by 30th September of each year.
- Environmental Guidelines to Fair Organizer (Mela)
An undertaking may also be taken from the fair organizers that they will abide by the environmental guidelines for abatement of pollution in a befitting manner.
- Prohibition of Use Microphone/Loudspeaker during Examination
Prohibit the use of microphone or loudspeaker in residential areas or where educational institutions are situated three days prior to the commencement of Secondary and Higher Secondary Examination.
- Restriction to Hotels around Victoria Memorial Hall
At the time of issuance of Trade Licences to the hotels and restaurants situated within a radius of three kilometres of Victoria Memorial Hall, that such units should use LPG fuel for their cooking purpose.
- West Bengal Biological Diversity Rules, 2005
West Bengal Biodiversity Board will advise the State Government on all matters relating to the conservation of biological diversity, sustainable use of its components and equitable sharing of the benefits arising out of the utilisation of biological resources.