Department of Fisheries, Aquaculture and Aquatic Resources & Fishing Harbours implement various programmes and policies with the object of increasing production of fish.
- West Bengal Fisheries Investment Policy, 2015
The object of the Policy is to extend fiscal incentives to encourage entrepreneurs for setting up new Micro, Small, Medium & Large Enterprises in Fisheries sector.
- West Bengal Inland Fisheries (Amendment) Act, 1997
Any person who commits any offence by contravening the provisions shall be cognizable and non-bailable.
- West Bengal Inland Fisheries (Amendment) Act, 1993
No person shall fill up any water area including embankment or naturally or artificially depressed land, with a view to converting it into solid land for the purpose of construction of any building.
- West Bengal Inland Fisheries Act, 1984
An Act to provide for the conservation, development propagation protection, exploitation and disposal of inland fish and fisheries in West Bengal and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
- West Bengal Marine Fishing Regulation Act, 1993
An Act to regulate marine fishing by fishing vessels along the coastline of the state.