West Bengal Marine Fishing Regulation Act, 1993
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
No. 943-L Date: 14th June, 1993
West Bengal Act IX of 1993
THE WEST BENGAL MARINE FISHING REGULATION ACT, 1993
An Act to regulate marine fishing by fishing vessels along the coastline of the state.
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
3. Authorisation of officers for the purpose of any provision of this Act.
Regulation of fishing
4. Power to regulate, restrict or prohibit certain matters within specified areas.
5. Prohibition of use of fishing vessel in contravention of any order made under section 4.
6. Prohibition of fishing using fishing vessels which are not licensed.
7. Licensing of fishing vessel.
8. Cancellation, suspension and amendment of licence.
9. Registration of fishing vessels.
10. Information to be given to authorised officer about movement of fishing vessel.
11. Returns to be furnished by owner of registered fishing vessel.
12. Finality of orders under sections 6, 8 and 9.
13. Appeal against order refusing grant of licence, registration, etc.
Management and control of fishing harbours and fish landing centres
14. Management and control of fishing harbours and fish landing centres.
15. Power to enter and search fishing vessels.
16. Disposal of seized fish.
19. Appeal against order of adjudicating officer.
20. Revision by appellate authority.
21. Power of adjudicating officer and appellate authority in relation to holding of enquiry.
22. Offences by Companies.
24. Protection of action taken in good faith.
25. Power to make rule.
Download: West Bengal Marine Fishing Regulation Act 1993, Source
Fisheries, Fisheries Act